Educational Tours for Schools and Colleges
Brought to you by
Why Galloway School Tours? With over 50 years’ experience taking groups to Europe, rest assured, our tours are of the highest quality and our service is hard to beat. Many schools choose to travel with us year after year as we know just how important it is for you to have absolute confidence in your provider.
Peace of mind
• 24 hour on call service – always someone on hand to help. • Bonded with BCH to keep your money safe. • ABTA, ATOL, STF and LOtC accredited. • Bespoke guided history tours in conjunction with the International Guild of Battlefield Guides. • Inspection visits available.
• Free places for leaders. • A designated Tour Coordinator – one point of contact from start to finish. • Multiple destinations across the UK and Europe by air or coach. • A comprehensive tour pack – maps, destination information and study aids. • Tailor made itineraries – designed to meet your learning outcomes and budgets. • Our own fleet of coaches – we understand coach travel.
There is no fuss. Galloway have always been quick and accommodating. I know that if I have an issue with anything – even if it is three days before we go in – they will always do everything they can
Why take a guided tour?
For groups looking to enhance their excursions to the battlefields of Europe, we are partners with the International Guild of Battlefield Guides and therefore have access to trained, experienced and vetted guides. They are chosen for their suitability to work with school groups to bring the reality of war to life. All Guild members have one thing in common, their love of military history.
Guided tours by air
Guided tours by coach
• Cold War: Berlin • Holocaust: Krakow
• Technology in Warfare • Medical Services on the Western Front 1914-1918 • Faith Under Fire – Religious Studies on the Western Front • Cold War: Berlin • Battle of Waterloo 1815
• With most guides having a military background their experience of war can help bring the past to life. • Able to engage and enthuse students with their additional knowledge of sites. • Excellent support to teachers, relieving the pressures of having to research each site before the visit.
• Assist with the research of ancestors who may have fought or died. • Able to offer additional support to staff should an incident occur.
*See website for full details on prices
The Battlefields of World War I
Places to visit
• Ypres • Somme • Arras
• Memorial Museum Passchendaele • Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery • In Flanders Fields Museum • Tyne Cot Cemetery • Langemark German Cemetery • Menin Gate • Thiepval Memorial and Visitor Centre • Newfoundland Park • Vimy Ridge
• Verdun Any of the destinations above can be combined, a
four day itinerary to Ypres and The Somme is very popular.
• The British Sector on the Western Front, 1914-1918; Injuries, Treatment and the Trenches (Pierson edexcel) • Conflict and tension: the First World War 1894 -1918 (AQA) • The changing nature of Warfare 1792-1945 (OCR) • The British experience of warfare 1790-1918 (edexcel)
Itineraries for a day’s study in France or Belgium are available for those living within travelling distance of the channel crossings. They’re ideal for younger students and a great value introduction to European travel.
Why travel by air? Reduce the travel time from UK to Berlin and Krakow, a six day coach tour becomes a four day air tour meaning less time out of school. Many airlines offer group fares, making prices competitive and the terms favourable.
As well as offering students the chance to see for themselves the beaches where so many sacrifices were made during WWII, Normandy also gives the opportunity to study other periods of history such as medieval times and the Norman Conquest.
Curriculum links • c1900-present: Warfare and British Society in the Modern Era (edexcel) • The Changing Nature of Warfare 1859-1991: Perception and Reality (edexcel)
Places to visit • Omaha Beach • Arromanches • Bayeaux Tapestry
• Caen • Pegasus Bridge • Falaise Castle
Cold War: Berlin
A visit to Berlin enables students to see the visible scars of the Cold War as well as experience sites of historical importance from the Holocaust and Nazi dictatorship. With museums, memorials and bunkers there is something to engage all students. Travel by coach or air to suit your budget. Places to visit • Berlin Wall (2019 marks 30 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall) • DDR Museum • Cecelienhof Palace • Stasi Prison • Checkpoint Charlie • The Reichstag Curriculum links
• Conflict and Tension East and West 1945-1972 (AQA) • Germany 1925-1955: The people and the state (OCR) • Superpower Relations and the Cold War 1941-1991 (edexcel) • The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991 (AQA) • Democracy and Nazism – Germany 1918-1945 (AQA)
The realities of the Nazi occupation are truly brought to life by a trip to Krakow, especially Auschwitz, underpinning the teachings of the horrors of war and providing students with a better understanding of the persecution of the Jews. Places to visit • Auschwitz • Schindler’s Factory • Galicia Museum Curriculum links • Living under Nazi rule 1933-1945 (OCR)
• Poland 1956-1990 The People and the State (OCR)
Don’t want to fly? Travel to the Netherlands to discover the horrors of war at Kamp Amersfoort, Anne Frank’s House and the Jewish Museum.
I have felt fully protected and supported by Galloway’s customer service team. So much so that I plan to use Galloway’s touring services again – I’ve already started booking for next year!
Battlefield tours are our most popular. However, we also offer residentials by coach or air to many other European and UK destinations. Planning an activities week away provides plenty of cross curriculum study and is great at building student’s confidence.
Rhine & Moselle, Germany Places to visit • Marksburg Castle • Burg Eltz Castle • Boppard • Cologne • Rhine River cruise • Phantasialand Curriculum links • Modern Foreign Languages
Places to visit • Las Ramblas • Sagrada Familia • Nou Camp
Places to visit • Palace of Versailles
• Eiffel Tower • Notre Dame
• Picasso Museum Curriculum links • Modern Foreign Languages • Art and Design
• Tour Montparnasse • Disneyland ® Paris • Seine River Cruise
Curriculum links • French Revolution • Modern Foreign Languages • Art and Design • PSCHE
• Geography • Economics • Physical Education
• PSCHE • History
Because the service has always been so excellent, I don’t see any reason to go somewhere else. With some companies, you don’t know what you’re getting but with Galloway, you always know what you’re getting. They are always very consistent.
Places to visit • Anne Frank’s House • Kamp Amersfoort • Van Gogh Museum • Canal Cruise • Clara Maria Clog and Cheese Farm Curriculum links • Art and Design
Places to visit • London • Cornwall • York & Scarborough • Peak District Curriculum links • Art • Geography • Performing Arts • English Literature • Religious Studies • Science
• PSCHE • History • Geography
I hate the organisation of school trips. But when you turn up at 4 am and the coach is there, that’s when you can stop worrying and start to enjoy it.
Galloway School Tours
We provide a service nationally, offering coach or air tours to European destinations for all educational establishments. Contact the team of Tour Coordinators today to discuss your individual requirements.
Galloway School Tours, Denters Hill, Mendlesham, Suffolk IP14 5RR Tel: 01449 767778 Email: email@example.com gallowayschools.com
www.gallowayschools.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker