Wyoming Edition 2020—U.S. Small Business…


» State Safety & Health Regulations Wyoming Workers’ Safety Deputy Administrator Dan Bulkley, OSHA (307) 777-3581 » Wyoming Department of Workforce Services Director John Cox 777-8728 wyomingworkforce.org Employee Insurance Checkwithyour state laws tosee if you are required toprovideunemployment or workers’ compensation insurance for your employees. For health insuranceoptions, call theSmall BusinessHealthOptionsProgram at (800) 706-7893or visit healthcare.gov/ small-businesses/employers . Department of Labor Association Health Plans allow small businesses, including self-employed workers, to band together by geography or industry to obtain healthcare coverage as if they were a single large employer. For information, visit dol.gov/general/topic/ State assistance is available for small businesses thatmust complywith environmental regulations under the Clean Air Act. State Small Business Environmental Assistance programs provide free and confidential assistance to help small business owners understand and comply with complex environmental regulations and permitting requirements. These state programs can help businesses reduce emissions at the source, often reducing regulatory burden and saving youmoney. To learnmore about these free services visit nationalsbeap.org/states/list . Accessibility & ADA Compliance For assistance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, call the ADA Center at (800) 949-4232 or the Department of Justice at association-health-plans . Environmental Regulations (800) 514-0301. Direct questions about accessible design and the ADA standards to the U.S. Access Board at (800) 872-2253, TTY (800) 993-2822, ta@access-board.gov or visit access-board.gov . Child Support Employers are essential to the success of the child support programand are responsible

for collecting 75%of support nationwide through payroll deductions. TheOffice of Child Support Enforcement at Health andHuman Services offers employers step-by-step instructions for processing incomewithholding orders for child support. Download the fact sheet about the Employer’s Role in the Child Support Programat theOffice of Child Support Enforcement’swebsite at acf.hhs.gov/ programs/css > employer responsibilities. You can also find information about other employer responsibilities and tools that can makemeeting those responsibilities easier, such as electronic incomewithholding orders and the Child Support Portal. Send questions to employerservices@acf.hhs.gov. » Wyoming Department of Family Services 777-5300 or (888) 570-9914 http://childsupport.wyoming.gov Intellectual Property Patents, trademarks, and copyrights are types of intellectual property that serve to protect creations and innovations. The United States Patent and Trademark Office is the federal agency that grants U.S. patents and registers trademarks. For information and resources about U.S. patents and federally registered trademarks consult uspto.gov . Call the patent and trademark office help center at (800) 786-9199 or visit your nearest office in Rocky Mountain Regional Office in Denver, Colorado, uspto.gov/denver . A patent for an invention is the grant of a property right to an inventor, issued by the U.S. patent office. The right conferred by the patent grant is the right to exclude others frommaking, using, offering for sale, or selling the invention in the United States or importing the invention into the country. For information visit uspto.gov/inventors . There are three types of patents: • Utility patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement. • Design patents may be granted to anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for an article of manufacture. • Plant patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers and asexually reproduces any distinct and new variety of plant, other than

a tuber propagated plant or a plant found in an uncultivated state. A trademark or service mark includes any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used or intended to be used to identify and distinguish the goods/services of one seller or provider from those of others and to indicate the source of the goods/services. Trademarks and service marks may be registered at both the state and federal level. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office only registers federal trademarks and service marks. Federally registered trademarks may conflict with and supersede those registered only at the state level. Visit uspto.gov/trademarks . » State Registration of a Trademark Wyoming State Library Patent and Trademark Office State Publications Librarian Karen Kitchens 777-7281 karen.kitchens@wyo.gov » Wyoming Research Products Center 766-2509 Copyrights protect original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical and artistic, and certain other intellectual works. Copyrights do not protect facts, ideas, and systems, although theymay protect the way they are expressed. For general information contact: » U.S. Copyright Office U.S. Library of Congress James Madison Memorial Building 101 Independence Ave. SE Washington, DC (202) 707-3000 or toll free (877) 476-0778 copyright.gov


Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online