Wyoming Edition 2020—U.S. Small Business…


» You must be certified as a small business within your NAICS industry classification ( naics.com ). » Mentors and proteges must be organized for profit or as an agricultural cooperative. » Mentors cannot own more than 40% equity in the protege’s business. » An SBA determination of affiliation must not exist between the mentor and the protege. All Small-approved partnerships receive an exclusion of affiliation for contracting purposes.

Women-Owned Small Business Certification If you're a woman proprietor looking to sell to the federal government, you may be eligible for the Women-Owned Small Business certification, sba.gov/wosb . Here’s how to get certified:

1. Make sure you’re eligible

• Your business must be at least 51 percent owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens. The ownership must be direct and unconditional. • A woman must hold the highest officer position and have managerial experience required to run the business. • One or more women must manage the daily business operations on a full-time basis and conduct long-term decision making and planning. To qualify as an economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business, your company must meet these criteria and the business owner and/or manager must meet certain income and asset requirements.

HUBZone Businesses located in Historically

Underutilized Business Zones, sba.gov/ hubzone , can gain special access to federal contracts. To qualify for the certification, your small business must: » be owned and controlled by U.S. citizens, a Community Development Corporation, an agricultural cooperative, Indian tribal government, Alaska Native Corporation, or a Native Hawaiian organization » have a principal office located in a HUBZone, which includes Indian reservations and military facilities closed by the Base Realignment and Closure Act. Enter your address in our interactive map, maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map , to see if you qualify. » have at least 35% of your employees living in a HUBZone Service-Disabled Veterans If you’re a service-disabled veteran looking to enter the federal marketplace, you may be eligible for this small business certification. To determine your eligibility, contact a veterans business development officer at your local SBA office, or the SBA’s Office of Veterans Business Development, sba.gov/ovbd . After you have set up to do business with the government in sam.gov , update your status as a service-disabled veteran business. Keep in mind, the SBA does not officially certify this designation, so when a contract awarded based on this eligibility is protested, the SBA will determine if your business meets the eligibility status, ownership, and control requirements.

2. Register

• Register with the System for Award Management (sam.gov) to start doing busi- ness with the government.

3. Certify

Self-certify as a woman-owned small business or an economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business for free, or obtain certification from one of the SBA’s approved third-party certifiers (which costs a fee): • El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce • National Women Business Owners Corporation • U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce • Women’s Business Enterprise National Council All required documents must be uploaded to certify.sba.gov prior to submitting an offer on a contract set aside for the program.

4. Update your status

• Update your status as a woman-owned small business in sam.gov .

5. Search the database

• Search the FedBizOpps database ( fbo.gov ) for your new business opportunity.


Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online