Assistant Programme Manager Candidate Information Pack
1. Introduction 2. About us 3. The New University - ARU Peterborough
4. Job Description and Person Specification 5. Application Process
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is seeking to appoint an Assistant Programme Manager to play an important role on the programme to create a new University for the region.
CPCA is driving forward an ambitious plan to develop a new university for Peterborough and wider region. ARU Peterborough will be delivered over five phases with a capital investment of c. £100m. We are currently delivering phase 1, a £30m investment to create an academic building that will house Health, Social Care, Education, Management & Finance and Law Courses. Phase 2 is at the planning stage and will see the creation of a research building. Reporting to the Senior Responsible Officer (Programme Director) for the new University, the Assistant Programme Manager will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the delivery of the programme, with key aspects of the role being contract management and oversight of consultants and contractors, monitoring costs and timescales against expectations, and producing on reports across the progress of the programme. The successful candidate will possess relevant experience in a project or programme management role with responsibility supporting the delivery of complex construction or estate development programmes. You will have strong commercial management skills, with the proven track record of managing contracts, project budgets and analysing and reporting on risk. We are seeking an individual with a high motivated, enthusiastic and receptive disposition and the interpersonal and communication skills to operate successfully with a diverse range of stakeholder groups. The role offers an individual the opportunity to work on a high-profile and important project to create a University campus that will bring a tremendous social and economic benefit to the region.
Our Story Abo t Us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work..
Our key ambitions for the Combined Authority include:
• doubling the size of the local economy • accelerating house building rates to meet local and UK need • delivering outstanding and much needed connectivity in terms of transport and digital links • providing the UK’s most technically skilled workforce • transforming public service delivery to be much more seamless and responsive to local need • growing international recognition for our knowledge based economy • improving the quality of life by tackling areas suffering from deprivation
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority is set to receive funding and powers from Central Government in a num- ber of areas including: • £170 million to deliver new homes over a five-year period in • Peterborough and Cambridgeshire which includes affordable, rented and shared ownership housing • £20million a year funding over 30 years to boost growth in the region • responsibility for chairing a review of 16+ skills provision in the area
ARU Peterborough - A new University for the region
ARU Peterborough, a Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority and Peterborough City Council initiative, is a new £30 million university set to open its doors to 2,000 students in 2022 with an ambition to offer courses for up to 12,500 students, by 2032. Driven by the mayoral authority of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in collaboration with Peterborough City Council and Anglia Ruskin University, ARU Peterborough will provide transformational and inclusive higher education for the city and region.
The aim of ARU Peterborough is to work with employers as co-creators in developing and delivering the curriculum, which will be led by student and employer demand.
The first four faculties of ARU Peterborough will be: • The Faculty of Business, Innovation and Entrepreneurship • The Faculty of Creative and Digital Arts and Sciences • The Faculty of Agriculture, Environment and Sustainability • The Faculty of Health and Education
Courses will be delivered through a mixture of on campus tuition, work-based learning and Degree Apprenticeships, with distance learning and outreach programmes to improve accessibility and widen participation.
You can learn more at https://arupeterborough.co.uk
This is an exciting time in our history. We are stewards of this organisation and the accumulated knowledge of our collections, data and people. By delivering this strategy successfully, our organisation will be stronger, we will reach and inspire more people, and contribute to solutions to our planet’s most serious contemporary challenges.
Assistant Programme Manager
SRO – Higher Education (UoP Programme Director)
Line Management Responsibilities : None Contract Type:
To Assist the the SRO-HE in manging the programme of works in relation to the operational aspects of delivery of the new University of Peterborough, in order to allow SRO-HE to focus on strategic and tactical aspects of the programme.
To act as point of contact for daily coordination and management of issues and obtaining the desired outcome, in conunction with working closely with the following teams:
• External project management and design consultants team • Internal CPCA team
• Asssit the SRO-HE to manage a team of 20 specialist and multi-disciplinary consultants to design and deliver a university; site, building, M&E, equipment. • Ensure contract compliance from the outsourced design team and contractors and manage their performance to ensure all project outcomes are achieved, in line with approved budget and scope. • Take the necessary day-to-day decisions to ensure the effective running of the projects and management of risks in line with the contractual requirements. • Track performance of the project against planned outputs and work with project team,and internal CPCA team to plan remedial action as required. • Organise, Chair or attend relevant projects meetings on behalf of the SRO-HE, arrange regular catch up meetings with the relevant teams, and ensure regulare update to the SRO of the outcomes. • Represent the CPCA on contractors progress meetings. • Lead engagement with internal and external stakeholders, ensure appropriate engagement and support to the delivery of outcomes of the programme. • Provide regular updates and progress reports as required and agreed with SRO HE. • Assit the SRO in drafting regular reports for relevant CPCA boards and committees. • Working with internal and external Project team to ensure that all reporting and accounting requirements are met, including all responsibilities in relation to CPCA audits. • Manage consultants in accordance with CPCA’s policies and code of ethics and standards. • In addition to the above areas of responsibility the position maybe required to undertake any other reasonable duties relating to the broad scope of the position.
• Highly organised - to manage processes/demands and obtain desired outcome
• Collaborative – works productively with stakeholders, internal and external teams
• Confident and Self sufficient – to be able to drive the process and manage issues with minimum intervention by SRO
• Excellent communicator
• Problem solver
Qualifications and Knowledge
• Degree level or equivalent experience in relevant descipline, preferably related to managing aspects of built environment development
• Excellent understanding of process and programme management,
• Good understanding of and procurement and contracts management
• Successful track record of managing and delivering programme of works and projects within construction and developments environments
• Proven track record of delivering projects in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity, including: • Experience of managing project team • Ability to manage budgets and project funds • Direct experience in the tracking programme of works • Prior experience of managing contractors
CPCA is being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group (MRG).
To arrange a briefing discussion please contact our advisors Ben Duffill (email@example.com / 07976125010) or Nick Coppard (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07896079495) at MRG.
Applications should consist of a CV and should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary for the position is up to £50,881 per annum, plus excellent benefits.
51 Eastcheap, Billingsgate, London EC3M 1JP Tel 020 3962 9900
www.mrgpeople.co.ukPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker