PUZZLE NO. 616
50. Lazed 52. Roll up 54. Inflexible 56. Notwithstanding 58. Like farmland 60. Freedom 63. Serpent 65. Bards' sunsets 67. Gardener, at times 68. Traipse about 69. Hill resident 70. Toupee, e.g. 72. Discuss again 73. Struck 75. Showy lily 78. Umps 80. Showdown for two 82. "Long Day's Journey ____ Night" 83. Reddish brown 84. Biblical weed 87. Word to Birdie 89. Flabbergast
6. Battle 7. Addled 8. Kiosk
WEEK OF JUNE 17 TO 23, 2012
9. Dark brew 10. Watchman
THE LUCKIEST SIGNS THIS WEEK: LIBRA, SCORPIO, AND SAGITTARIUS.
11. Farm babies 12. Dickey's kin 13. Spring flowers 14. Consumer 24. Fresh 26. Positive response 28. Addition 30. Fusty 32. Polygraph's catch 34. Sidewalk and yard 35. Pamphlet 36. Assignment 38. Sullen 39. Bounder
ARIES The new moon will inspire you to spend a few romantic moments star gazing with your loved one. The family will also require some time from you. TAURUS You’re thinking about going on a road trip now that summer is almost here. Take the role of leader and have fun organizing it. GEMINI Even if you do a lot of shopping this week, you probably won’t spend excessive amounts. You’re very skilled in all types of negotiations. CANCER You need action and intellectual stimula- tion. Your curiosity is taking on impressive proportions, and you want to know all about everything all at once. LEO You might find yourself questioning your choice of career. Along with it comes the temptation to undertake a new life that is much more oriented towards human and spiritual development. VIRGO You’re sure to receive more than one invi- tation to participate in various activities, one more amusing than the next. You’ll feel a wonderful sensation of relaxation. LIBRA You may very well be offered a really nice promotion at work. You may not feel up to the job, but given time everything will sort itself out. SCORPIO You will make a serious investment in learning a new language, either with the aim of taking a trip or purely for your personal development. SAGITTARIUS There will be a few adjustments to make at home because either you or your chil- dren are on vacation. You will be very efficient in putting everything in order after a move. CAPRICORN You may be faced with an important deci- sion that will transform your daily life in the long term. You will also seriously con- sider an interesting project for you and your partner. AQUARIUS There is sure to be lots of action at the office, and you will have many details to take into consideration. You will have to adjust to a few changes that will material- ize rather suddenly. PISCES One thing is certain: you are always the one that others call on when they need help. Your generosity is legendary, and you’ll enjoy the opportunity to demon- strate this once again.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 2
41. Aquarium fish 44. Musical sense 46. Scope 48. Adult scrod 49. Pungent spice
Copyright © 2012 by Penny Press
ACROSS 1. Haughty one 5. "____ brillig . . ." 9. Query 12. Struggle competitively 15. Program instructions 16. Hops kiln 17. Souvenir from Maui 18. Roaring Twenties, e.g. 19. Black cuckoos 20. Chemical fertilizer 21. Cessation 22. Command for Fido 23. Drink of the gods 25. To some extent 27. African winged insect 29. Roadhouses 31. Snack shop 33. Lascivious look
34. Map lines 37. Baseball hits 39. "The ____" (Brolin film) 40. Marshal Earp 42. Slippery one 43. Roman alcoves 45. More crafty 47. Susan ____ of "All My Children" 51. Kind of coffee 53. Stage direction 55. Covered with fungi 57. Proud walk 59. Cowboy's route 61. Mete out 62. Costa 64. Water plants 66. Llama doc 67. Ingest 71. Cut at an angle 73. Wingspread 74. Not clerical 76. Take sustenance
77. Hindu incantation 79. Roam aimlessly 81. Summer top 85. Word for Simon's couple 86. Wane 88. Polynesian feast 90. Dwarf buffalo 91. Driving need 92. Goldblum film, with "The" 93. Bawdy 94. Rigel, e.g. 95. To be human 96. Perceive 97. Helm direction 98. Make more acute DOWN 1. Look over 2. "And Then There Were ____"
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 616
Among hundreds of risotto recipes, this one stands out because it’s cooked in the microwave.
3. Lyrical 4. Rouse 5. Contests
INGREDIENTS: • 125 ml (1/2 cup) Italian rice, uncooked • 60 ml (1/4 cup) broken, uncooked spaghetti • 1 Italian sausage, mild or hot • 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil • 1 small onion, finely sliced • 1/2 clove garlic, crushed • 125 ml (1/2 cup) quartered mushrooms • 2 tomatoes, peeled and seeded • 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) chopped parsley • 3 ml (1/2 tsp) basil • 250 ml (1 cup) beef bouillon • 60 ml (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese • Salt and pepper DIRECTIONS: Remove sausage meat from casing. Heat a browning dish in the microwave for 5 min- utes, on high. Add the oil and sausage. Cook for 4 minutes on high, breaking up the sausage meat with the fork. Add the onion, garlic and mush- rooms, and cook for 2 minutes more on high, stirring frequently. Put the contents of the brown- ing dish into a casserole and add the rice, spa- ghetti, basil, salt and pepper, and beef bouillon. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on high. Stir in the parsley and chopped tomatoes, and leave to stand 3 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Recipe and photo : The Complete Microwave Cookbook, Judith Ferguson, Collins Royal.
PUZZLE NO. 352
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 352
HOW TO PLAY: Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 through 9 only once. Each 3x3 box is outlined with a darker line. You already have a few numbers to get you started. Remember: You must not repeat the numbers 1 through 9 in the same line, column, or 3x3 box .
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker