Health & Fitness The Newsl tter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
• Why Do Your Muscles Ache?
• Win A $20 Target Gift Card
• Relieve Back Pain In Minutes
• Patient Success Spotlight
Don’t Let Aches & Pains Hold You Back! 4WAYS TOBEAT ACHES&PAINS
3. EXERCISE Regular exercise can help restore proper muscle tone. Walking, cycling and swimming are good aerobic activities to try. Be sure to warm up before exercising and cool down afterward. Our experts at Empower Physical Therapy & Fitness teach you stretching, toning and aerobic exercises to feel better and stay pain-free. Drink lots of fluids. Begin slowly and increase workouts gradually. Avoid high-impact aerobic activities and weight lifting when injuredorwhile inpain.Consultoneofourexpertsoryourdoctorbefore Through our program, specialized hands-on techniques and treatments are applied, addressing the poor alignment and dysfunction of the spine, which can irritate and cause pressure on nerves. Physical therapy is the science of restoring pain-free movement with exercises and hands-on techniques. These principles are applied to the body when an injury is sustained to help facilitateagreatrecovery. Ifyouaresufferingfromachesandpains,callus todayto learnmoreabouthowyoucanreturntoapain-freeactive lifestyle! trying exercises you are unsure of doing. 4. PHYSICAL THERAPY
Are you like many people, suffering from aches and pains? A daily back or neck ache may be more of a nuisance than anything. However, episodes of pain can become progressively worse, lasting longer and traveling to other parts of your body. If you don’t stop the cycle of pain and discover the root cause of each painful episode, the accumulation of damage to your body may lead to eventual failure of the spinal structures and possible surgery. However, ifyouaddressandtreatthecauseofyourpainearlythroughphysical therapy, drastic measures such as surgery can often be avoided. Here are some tips to help you battle daily aches and pains: 1. ICE & HEAT For muscle pain from overuse or injury, rest that body part and take acetaminophen or ibuprofen depending on what your doctor may advise you is best. Apply ice for the first 24 - 72 hours of an injury to reduce pain and inflammation. After that, heat often feels more soothing. 2. SLEEP Be sure to get plenty of sleep and try to reduce stress. The amount of sleep isdependentonyourbody.Somepeopleonly require7hours,others9.Also, make sure you have a good mattress and sleep on your side or back with pillowsupport foryour legs. Ifyousleeponyourside,put thepillowbetween your legs. If you sleep on your back, put the pillow behind your thighs.
Made with FlippingBook Annual report