Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
MORE MOVEMENT, MORE ENERGY
Increase Your Energy by Getting Up & Moving!
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
INSIDE: • How Physiotherapy Helps • Natural Ways to Boost Your Immunity • Physiotherapy Can Help You Stay Active • Improve Your Strength • 3 Immunity-Boosting Recipes CALL IN! Call for your FREE ACHES & PAINS ANALYSIS Call us today to schedule your first step out of pain! (345) 943-8700
Increase Your Energy by Get t ing Up & Moving! MORE MOVEMENT, MORE ENERGY
Do you feel sluggish or fatigued, as if it’s difficult to motivate yourself to get moving? Do your sore muscles or achy joints just add to that lack of motivation? If so, your body may be experiencing some physical problems. Living a sedentary life is one of the main reasons why people report having low energy or feeling chronic day-to-day aches. Long car commutes, desk jobs, watching T.V. once you get home from work… many people live their lives this way, with very little physical activity. While it may not seem like it is making an impact at the time, this type of sedentary lifestyle can damage your body over time. Contact The Physiotherapy Center today to figure out how a consistent exercise plan can increase your energy and help you live a healthier life! Why is physical activity so important? When you don’t participate in frequent physical activity, your muscles begin to weaken and over
time they can even begin to atrophy. Inactive lifestyles also cause joints to become stiff and can alter the physiological chemical processes within your body. In fact, your circulation and lymphatic systems can slow down, which can pose harmful risks. These systems work in producing and excreting toxic wastes and these wastes can build up when the systems aren’t functioning as efficiently as they should. Lack of movement and poor posture are the causes of several types of pain, including lower back pain, neck pain, hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, and headaches. A slumped posture can even change the shape of your spine over time, in addition to closing your shoulder joints and tightening up the tissues around your hips. These consequences can cause severe pain and may result in a host of other problems if lifestyle changes are not made.
HOW CAN I GET MOVING?
There is one fundamental rule of the human body: it was made to move! There are several reasons why people may not want to participate in physical activity. Perhaps your body simply doesn’t move the way it used to, or perhaps painful areas of your body make it difficult to move in the ways you’d like. Whatever the case may be, the truth is that restriction in movement has the potential to lead to harmful health problems. Some easy pain-relief and energy-boosting steps you can take on your own include: 1. Decide to get up and get moving 2. Get up from your chair every 20 minutes and walk around, even if it is just for a few seconds. 3. Walk or exercise at least 30 minutes every day. 4. Drink plenty of water. Refer A Friend Care enough to share how physiotherapy helped you? Who do you know that could benefit from therapy? Send them our way! They will thank you, and so will we.
5. Stretch your legs, hips, spine, and neck for 10 minutes every day. 6. Don’t push yourself too far if you feel pain. 7. Make sure you are sitting properly at your desk or computer. 8. Take frequent breaks for breathing exercises. Inhale and exhale deeply. 9. Stretch your arms overhead frequently throughout the day. 10. Do strengthening exercises 2-3 times per week.activity. In order to be healthy, there needs to be a large emphasis on movement. When your body is flexible, strong, well-balanced, and fueled by a nutritious diet, it is able to perform at its optimal levels. At The Physiotherapy Center, we are dedicated to helping you live the best life you can, and our movement experts would be more than happy to help you relieve your pain, re-align your body, and get moving once again. If you are looking for assistance in living a more physically active life, call us today at (345) 943-8700.
Get Moving Again! Helps to stretch knees and hips.
Iliotibial Band Stretch
Exercises copyright of
Refer a friend to our clinic and receive a FREE 1/2 Hour Therapeutic Massage .
Start by lying on your side with your back near the edge of your bed or table. Your affected leg should be on top. Next, let the top leg lower behind you as you maintain an extended knee as shown. You should feel a gentle stretch along the side of your leg. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat 3 times.
Aches & Pains? We Offer FREE Screenings Helping You Get Back To Better Again!
25 Eclipse Drive, P. O. Box 10742 George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-1007 Phone: (345) 943-8700
Cal l Today (345) 943-8700
Fun & Games Sudoku Challenge 3 1 7
Try This Healthy Recipe
Black Bean Veggie Burger
9 5 3 2 9
• 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed • ½ green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces • ½ onion, cut into wedges • 3 cloves garlic, peeled • 1 egg • 1 Tbsp chili powder • 1 Tbsp cumin • 1 tsp Thai chili sauce or hot sauce • ½ cup bread crumbs • 1 egg
9 4 8 9 5 2 3 4 2 7 3
6 3 2
9 6 7
n° 224059 - Level Medium
n° 23419 - Le
DIRECTIONS If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side. www.allrecipes.com/recipe/85452/homemade-black-bean-veggie-burgers
Level Up Your Mind with Sudoku Object of the Game: 6 4
Place the numbers 1 to 9 in the empty squares so that each row, each column and each 3x3 box contains the same number only once. Play on your mobile these puzzl s and find their solu n° 224059 n° 25348 n° 218 8 3 4
2 9 3 8
6 Want to know the solution to this puzzle? Scan the QR code to the right with your smartphone camera app!
2 6 5 8
4 7 1
Attention Aches & Pains Sufferers! http://1sudoku.com
n° 218215 - Level Medium Page 1/1 - Check solutions, p
2 1 7 8 4 6
3 1 7
Do you need help finding relief from your pain?
• Decrease your pain • Increase your strength • Increase your activity level We can help:
• Increase your flexibility • Improve your health • Get back to living
8 9 5
6 3 2
Mention or Bring in This Coupon Today For a FREE Aches & Pains Consultation 3 4 2 5 http://1sudoku.com
n° 23419 - Level Medium
Call Today: (345) 943-8700
Offer valid for the first 25 people to schedule. Expires 09-30-20.
Play on your mobile these puzzles and find their solutions by flashing the code n° 224059 n° 25348 n° 218215 n° 22509
FEEL BETTER BY BETTER EATING
There’s no question that what you eat affects how you feel, and a healthy diet helps you feel better. The healthiest diet is one that emphasizes whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables and that includes lean protein and low-fat or no-fat dairy products. Combine a healthy diet with regular exercise, and you will find it helps your mood as well as your body. Here are some tips to help improve your mood and
Good food sources for many B vitamins include shellfish, poultry, eggs, low-fat yogurt, and fortified breakfast cereals. Folic acid in particular is found mostly in leafy greens. 3. Drink Water. Sip water or other drinks with few or no calories to help maintain a healthy weight. Keep a water bottle in your bag or at your desk to
satisfy your thirst throughout the day. 4. Be Active Whenever You Can.
activity with the right nutrition: 1. Mix in Protein to Boost Mood.
Set a goal to fit in at least 2½ hours of moderate physical activity in your week. Being active 10 minutes at a time also adds to your weekly total. Ask your friends or family to keep you company as you bike, jog, walk, or dance. Don’t forget to do some muscle strengthening activities twice a week. 5. Enjoy Your Food But Eat Less. Use a smaller plate for meals to help control the amount of food and calories you eat.
Like fiber, protein can help you to avoid blood sugar crashes. Some good sources of protein are chicken, fish, eggs, seeds and nuts, low- fat yogurt, low-fat cheese and milk, tofu, and peanut butter. 2. Don’t Worry, “B” Happy. The B vitamins, including B6, B12, and folic acid, play a role in the production of brain chemicals that regulate mood. Especially if you have depression, be sure to consume foods rich in these vitamins.
25 Eclipse Drive, P. O. Box 10742 George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-1007
Phone : (345) 943-8700 Fax : (345) 943-8701
3 EASY STEPS TO HEALTHY KNEES
Get Back to Working Out, Pain-Free! For many people, knee pain can be a way of life, limiting their ability to climb stairs, squat down to get something off the floor, enjoy long walks, shopping and a host of other daily activities. The knee joint is one of the most complicated joints in the body and has to bear up to 6 times your body weight with running or jumping. This incredible joint has to move over a million times each year and over 80 million times over a lifetime. This is also the reason why things can go wrong, causing injury and pain. Just like taking care of your heart, your joints need attention to maintain a healthy state. Here are easy ways for you to take care of your knees, avoiding arthritis and other joint problems: 1. Stretch your hamstrings, quadriceps and adductor muscles each day. By keeping these muscles flexible, the forces on your knee joints can be balanced, allowing your joint to bend, rotate and for your patella (kneecap) to track properly. 2. Keep the muscles around your hips and knees strong. Especially the gluteals and quadriceps muscles. Studies show that those adults, especially over 55 who have stronger gluteals and quadriceps, tend to have less back pain and more ability to do daily activities.
3. Exercise regularly. While this is good for the whole body, the knees especially need exercise to keep their cartilage healthy. The cartilage does not have much blood supply and requires its nutrition from joint fluid. Most of the joint fluid absorbs into the cartilage only through movement and compression of the knee. Therefore, it is important to do weight–bearing exercise such as walking, running and other sports. However, if you have arthritis, it is advised to do less impact activities such as biking, elliptical machines, aquatic exercises, etc. 4. Having a regular physiotherapy checkup ensures that your joints are working at their peak performance. In addition, any problems will be discovered early, preventing the onset of arthritis and joint injury. If you do have arthritis or have had surgery, then a regular physiotherapy check–up is especially important. If your attention is on that sore knee, then it is time you called us for a free knee joint analysis. Talk to one of our expert physiotherapists today and see how life can be with freely moving knees. If you suffer from aches and pains, or would just like to move better than you used to, call The Physiotherapy Center today at (345) 943-8700 to learn more about how we can help you live life pain-free!
25 Eclipse Drive, P. O. Box 10742 George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-1007
Phone : (345) 943-8700 Fax : (345) 943-8701Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6
Made with FlippingBook Annual report