JOE T. GUILLEBEAU, PGA
4407 KENNETT PIKE, WILMINGTON, DE 19807 – JTGUILLEBEAU@GMAIL.COM – 302.723.1546
PROFILE A passionate and committed leader with a proven track record of providing Platinum level services in a 36-hole high end facility. An intuitive management style resulting in a sincere and visibly engaged presence with members, guests and staff with a strong focus on enhancing the golfing experience through communication and seamless delivery of operations. A team builder who has the history of attracting, developing and retaining high performance staff. Excellent financial skills with the ability to quickly assimilate numbers and reports. Knowledgeable regarding typical business financial issues of forecasting, cash flow, project analysis and purchasing. Creative in delivering seamless tournament, instruction and golf operations with the overall customer service experience being a top priority.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Wilmington Country Club – Wilmington, DE Current Employment: Head Golf Professional
Wilmington Country Club is considered one of the finest and oldest facilities in the country with a large active membership. Featuring 36 holes of championship golf, seven food and beverage outlets including elegant dining and ballrooms, 20 various surfaces tennis courts, paddle courts, indoor tennis, squash and family pool. The Club has had the privilege of hosting the following golf championships: 1913 U.S. Women’s Amateur, 1965 U.S. Junior Amateur, 1971 U.S. Amateur, 1978 U.S. Junior Amateur, 1978 U.S. Girls’ Junior Amateur, 2003 U.S. Mid-Amateur and 2013 Arnold Palmer Cup. Selected in 1998 to lead the golf program and continue its reputation as one of the top private club’s in the country by administering an active golf program, with the overall member experience being top priority. Manage day-to-day operations: budgeting, policy and procedure development, member assimilation & services, tournament and junior program development, instruction, purchasing, inventory control, staffing, and training. Hired and developed key employees including six assistants that have gone on to pursue their own Head Golf Professional / Director of Golf positions.
• Efficiently manage an annual budget of $1.75 million while consistently meeting or exceeding projections.
• Seamlessly execute a tournament operations program that includes major member events in addition to
leagues. This includes (4) high profile annual golf outings and Golf Association of Philadelphia events.
• Oversee a comprehensive instructional program that generates revenues of $100,000 + annually.
• Aided in the planning and execution of various capital improvement projects including: a multi green
short game facility, wedge range and a four-season golf learning center featuring hitting bays, conference
room & video bay.
• Administer the WCC Junior Golf Program which resulted in over 1,000 hours of junior golf instruction in
2017 including 130 camps and after school programs for over 75 + participants.
• Foster a warm and friendly golf shop environment where the primary focus is on excellent service while
ensuring a high-quality merchandise and retail operation represents the desires and expectations of
members. This has resulted in a steady 4 % increase year to year in sales with 2017 totaling $550,000.
• Execute a full caddy program for use by members and guests.
• Manage a staff of 35 employees while providing opportunities to develop skills, knowledge and
experience to enhance their performance and career growth.
• Facilitate the objectives of various golf committees through transparent communication and steadfast
dedication to the growth and betterment of the golf program.
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter