Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
“Getting To Know The EasternShore Physical Therapy Staff!” Sandy, OfficeManager/Billing
The Worcester County Humane Society Sandy commits to, will be having their 18th Annual Boardwalkin’ for Pets on April 22, 2017 at 9AM. Registration starts at 8:30AM. Sign up to participate in this walk for a good cause by emailing to: email@example.com
Sandy has been working at Eastern Shore Physical Therapy since 2005. Prior to this, Sandy worked in a variety of physical therapy settings both at the front desk and also as a physical therapy aide. In 2002- 2003, Sandy worked as a physical therapy aide with Kathleen in the physical therapy department of Atlantic General Hospital. Sandy also was the office manager at HealthSouth Sports Medicine in Salisbury, MD and worked in several outpatient physical therapy clinics in western MD. Sandy joined the staff of Eastern Shore Physical Therapy as the clinic was expanding. Sandy wears many hats which include office manager, scheduling, insurances and billing. Sandy’s hobbies include taking care of her many pets, volunteering at the Humane Society and going to the beach when she finds the time. If you have any insurance questions or would like to adopt a pet, Sandy is the person to talk to!
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
“ I Was Experiencing Back Pain, So I Decided To Do Something About It.”
ATTENTION ATHLETES FREE BUMPS & BRUISES CLINIC Saturday mornings 8-9AM Come into our clinic to receive a free screening for any pain or sports related injuries. Our clinic will be open for the first 20 people. Contact our office for more information! (410) 641-2900 INSIDE: • Is Back Pain Slowing You Down? • How To Take Care Of Your Back • Relieve Back Pain In Minutes • Patient Success Spotlights • Discover How You Can Gain Back Pain Relief Forever
Is Your Back Pain Slowing You Down?
Discussing Back Pain and Relief with Martin Weinstein PT, MPT, COMT and Kathleen Weinstein PT, DPT.
Dear Valued Client,
Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continuetosufferwithanaggingacheorpain intheir back. They may even feel symptoms travel to the
KATHLEEN WEINSTEIN PT, DPT
MARTIN WEINSTEIN PT, MPT, COMT
buttocks and legs. Many people feel that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. However, medication mostly masks the pain and does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Solutions to Back Pain Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated to get you out of pain quickly and back to the activities you love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our spine specialists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
“ Most any type of exercise can reduce your risk of low-back pain by between 25% to 40%. ” JAMA Internal Medicine, Jan. 2016
314 Franklin Avenue, Suite #405 Berlin, MD 21811
P : 410-641-2900 F : 410-641-2914
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK
1. Keep a Good Posture When you are standing, imagine a string through the topofyourhead liftingyoustraight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine and hips in natural alignment. With sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shouldersshouldnotslouchwhensitting.Avoid soft couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up something light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure you always face what you need to pick up, squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles. This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine.
3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. Bykeepingyourbody flexible, thenormal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused onto a few segments, which can then fail. An easy stretching routine everyday can keep you feeling great and put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong You have hundreds of muscles, which control the movement of your spine. Major muscles that support the spine are called your core muscles and include your abdominal, pelvis, spinal and hip muscles. By keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more.
5. Physical Therapy Our physical therapists are medical experts in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyze your problm and construct a treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. Call Today!
“Discover HowYou Can Gain Back PainRelief Forever!”
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal joint and possibly nerve damage.Back pain is one of the mostcommon physicalcomplaints that people suffer from and more than 80% of the US population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you down right irritable and affect others around you. Why do I have Back Pain? Back pain occurs for a number of reasons, but has a few simple root causes: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk • Poor posture and strain on the spine with slouched sitting • Repetitive injury to muscles and tissues around the spine with poor lifting
• Limited flexibility of the spine, hips and muscles of the thighs • Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles
CALL TODAY! 410.641.2900
Physical Therapists Are The Mechanics Of Your Body
Patient Success Spotlight
“Eastern Shore Physical Therapy offers ‘one-on-one’ personal attention by a verycompetentandcaringstaff.Thestaffworkcloselywithyoursurgeonand family doctor. The staff is extremely patient oriented and I like the flexibility in scheduling appointments which started on time.” - Fred, Ocean City, MD One-on-one personal attention!
Think PT First
Why You Need To Come Back In For A Tune- Up: � Move without pain � Bend and move freely � Balance confidently and securely � Sit for long periods comfortably � Walk for long distances � Live an active and healthy lifestyle
Your progress is their goal!
“The most amazing, caring and professional group to work with. Your progress is their goal. They supplied me with support and healing pre and post spinal surgery. Could not recommend more highly!”
Take Care of Your Aches and Pains Before It’s Too Late.
• Have loved ones stopped listening to your complaints because they have heard it so many times before? • Does back & neck pain put a frown on your face? ATTENTION Pain Sufferers
APRIL 25TH 6 PM
Don’twaituntil the lastminute!Spotsavailable for the first50people to respond! UPCOMINGWORKSHOP FOR BACK PAIN SUFFERERS
Learn 5 Simple Ways To Stop Your Back & Neck Pain Naturally With This FREE eBook IfYou’reNoddingYesTakeOneEasyBabyStep inThe RightDirectionToTakingChargeofHowYouFeel. DOWNLOAD THIS eBOOK TODAY!
By request, I’m hosting a Lower Back Pain Workshop at Eastern Shore Physical Therapy Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6PM. If you’re confused about what to do and looking for answers, here’s some of what you’ll learn:
• How a problem in your back can cause pain, numbness or tingling in your leg… • What successful treatment and permanent relief looks like without the side effects of medications, injections or surgery. • The 3 Most Common Causes of Lower Back Pain and Sciatica…
• The Single Biggest #1 Mistake back pain and sciatica sufferers make which actually stops them from healing… • A Sure-Fire Way to Pick the Right Treatment for the Cause of Your Pain (and save you a ton of time and money)
GET IT INSTANTLY AT: spinebook.net/easternshorept
Call To Reserve Your Spot! 410.641.2900
easternshorept.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter