UTC (UK) Pension Scheme - Member Newsletter 2023

Track down your old pensions The government was hoping to launch pensions dashboards this year, which would make it easier for you to see all your old pensions in one place. Unfortunately it’s been delayed, but you can continue to use the government’s Pension Tracing Service to track down any old or lost pensions without charge. You can phone the service directly on 0800 731 0193, or visit www.gov.uk/find- pension-contact-details for more information. Time to take advice? If you’d like to get some help making this life-changing decision, you can find a regulated financial adviser local to you on the government’s MoneyHelper website ( www.moneyhelper.org.uk ) and search ‘Find a retirement adviser’. If you have AVCs or some other defined contribution pension pot you can use the free Pension Wise guidance service, also available through the MoneyHelper website. The Financial Conduct Authority regulates financial markets and the companies which provide financial services in the UK. You can use its register to check that the company or person you’re dealing with is listed and authorised to provide specific financial services. www.fca.org.uk

Wellbeing in retirement It’s important to keep your mind and your body active during retirement. Here are some details of organisations that promote health and wellbeing in retirement. Age UK www.ageuk.org.uk Advice line: 0800 169 6565 Care UK www.careuk.com ‘Do-it’ – Volunteering Made Easy! www.doit.life Expats Guide to Moving Abroad www.expatforum.com Homesitters Ltd

www.homesitters.co.uk Tax Help for Older People www.taxvol.org.uk The Conservation Volunteers www.tcv.org.uk University of the Third Age (U3A) www.u3a.org.uk


Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online