Physical Therapy Services Inc.
LIFE WITHOUT BACK PAIN Can You
Imagine How Awesome It Would Be?
Roy Adams, PT, MHS, OCS Roy Adams, PT MHS OCS, a native of Georgia, has lived in Indiana for over 30 years and lived most of those years in Jay County. Roy is married, has two beautiful children who have given him and his wife three lovely grandchildren. A graduate of Georgia State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, Roy went on to pursue his Masters of Health Science degree from the University of Indianapolis. His pursuit of education does not end at the university level as Roy continues his quest of seeking additional education according to research of best patient outcomes. Roy’s quest for lifelong education ensures he practices the most progressive techniques in his fields of specialization. Roy is a firm believer in total rehabilitation of his patients. Driven by his passion to improve the quality of life of his patients, Roy has developed programs within his outpatient clinics to address some of the most common (and often undertreated) conditions affecting patients. Roy says what he enjoys most is seeing his patients become confident enough to transition through the program so they are stronger, more safe and returning to the life they love! “Love Your Life”
FindingtheSource&PainReliefFromYourBackPain HowShouldITakeCareOfMyBack? AHelpfulQuickExerciseToRelieveBackPainInMinutes FreeDownload
Physical Therapy Services Inc.
“Will I Ever Play with My Grandkids Again Without Aching Back Pain?” FINDING THE SOURCE & PAIN RELIEF FROM YOUR BACK PAIN
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal joint and possibly nerve damage. Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints that people suffer from and more than 80% of the US population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you down right irritable and affect others around you. Why do I have Back Pain? Back pain occurs for a number of reasons, but has a few simple root causes: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk • Poor posture and strain on the spine with slouched sitting • Repetitive injury to muscles and tissues around the spine with poor lifting • Limited flexibility of the spine, hips and muscles of the thighs • Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continue to suffer with a nagging ache or pain in their back. They may even feel symptoms travel to the buttocks and legs. Many people feel that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. However, medication mostly masks the pain and does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Solutions to Back Pain Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated to get you out of pain quickly and back to the activities you love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our spine specialists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
• Hands on Therapy • Quick Release
• Sports-related injuries • Soft-tissue Mobilization • Ultrasound • Electrical Stimulation • Muscle Energy Techniques • Individualized Therapeutic Exercises • Workman’s Comp • Access to training equipment while under supervision of a qualified professional
“HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OFMY BACK?”
1. Keep a Good Posture When you are standing, imagine a string through the top of your head lifting you straight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine and hips in natural alignment. With sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shoulders should not slouch when sitting. Avoid soft couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up something light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure youalways facewhatyouneed topickup,squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles. This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine. www.adamsptservices.com
3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. Bykeepingyourbodyflexible, thenormal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused onto a few segments, which can then fail. An easy stretching routine everyday can keep you feeling great and put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong You have hundreds of muscles, which control the movement of your spine. Major muscles that support the spine are called your core muscles and include your abdominal, pelvis, spinal and hip muscles. By keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more.
5. Physical Therapy Our physical therapists are medical experts in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyze your problem and construct a treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. Call Today!
Healthy Recipe: SKILLET CHICKEN & PARM PAELLA
INGREDIENTS • 4 teaspoons canola oil • 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size strips • 1 small red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips • 1 small green sweet pepper, cut into bite- size strips • 1 medium onion, chopped • 2 garlic, minced • 1 14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes • 3/4 cup peas • 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed • 1/2 teaspoon paprika • 1/4 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper • 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper • 1/8 teaspoon ground saffron/ground turmeric
What is Quick Release?: Quick Release, as its name implies, “Quick Release” means quick results! It is a new neuromuscular approach to release muscles and promote healing. It works by utilizing a hands on technique to release the muscle and alleviate pain. It also shortens the recovery of a pulled or strained muscle by softening the density of the muscle and improving overall muscle movement, health and function. Through our Quick Release techniques, significant improvements are often seen by our patients after just onevisit.The results truly speak for themselves. Adams Physical Therapy is the only clinic in the area applying this method of treatment. If you prefer to speed up the recovery timeofyourphysicalcondition,simplyask your doctor for a referral to our clinic You’ll be amazed with the results!
DIRECTIONS In a large skillet heat half of the oil. Cook chicken strips in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Set aside. Add remaining half of the oil to the skillet. Add sweet pepper, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until peppers and onion are tender. Add undrained stewed tomatoes, frozen peas, oregano, paprika, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and saffron or turmeric. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the brown rice, shrimp, and cooked chicken. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 4 servings (1-1/2 cups each).
• 2 cups cooked brown rice • 6 ounces peeled shrimp
Does your back pain keep you from the activities you love?
We can help you relieve your pain naturally! We can help you:
• Have More Energy • Avoid Injury • Feel Better
• Get Back To Life • Work Without Pain • Alleviate Pain Naturally
FREE BACK PAIN ANALYSIS
Patient Success Spotlight Enlightening experience!
Start Feeling Your Best Now Call To Schedule Today!
Call Today! (888)222-0130
“At Adams Physical Therapy Services I took on a challenge to get back to working shape and being an athlete again. I was injured during football season by a tackle to the knee. When football ended, I went into wrestling. After two days of practice, I couldn’t take it anymore. I finally got it looked at. I had to sit out for a long time but I came to Adams Physical Therapy Services to undergo help to get better. After just 5 weeks, I went from not really being able to walk to running 2 to 3 miles again and able to continue my sports without any more problems.” -Christopher P
Physical Therapy Services Inc.
Offer valid for the first 25 people to schedule. Expires 7-25-17.
Free Mobile Download Get Easy Relief For Your Pain With A Simple Click...
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
LOWER TRUNK ROTATIONS Lying on your back with your knees bent, gently rock your knees side-to-side. Repeat 8 times on both sides. Loosens Low Back www.simpleset.net
Do you or someone you back or neck pain? As a current or past patient you have access to this valuable information, at your fingertips. Start feeling better today in the privacy of your home. Go to www.spinebook.net/ adams for your free download. This is the easiest way to get this information to our patients. Download and share with friends and family today!
Download at: www.spinebook.net/adamsPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Online document