Phi Kappa Sigma Gamma Alpha Chapter
Brothers in Photograph: Top Row from left to right: Rabb Bur– rough, Lui s Martinez, Sherard Garcia, je– hangir Sheriff Bottom Row from left to right: Edwin Freytes, Carlton Sapp Absent: Niko Guity and Jorge Antonetti
Phi Kappa Sigma was founded in October 1850 by a group of seven men at the University of Pennsylvania. Today, we are an international organiza– tion with well over 100,000 members. The Gamma Alpha Chapter here at Buffalo State was started in March 1941 and to date, we ourselves have successfully induc ted over 150 men into the Phi Kappa Sigma Fraternity. As a chapter, our goal is to move away from stereotypical behaviors of Greek-letter organizations as was in the beginning. Phi Kappa Sigma has realized that there is more to being "Greek" than beer and parties and as an organization, we try to instill this "s tay clean" attitude in a ll of our asso– ciate member s and the larger Buffalo State community. Our goa ls for the future are to establi sh peer mentor-ship programs throughout the Buffalo High Schools and to continue our annual support of organizations like The Leukemia Society, Lupus, and Multiple Sclerosis.
Made with FlippingBook Online document