SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS POLICY Students attending Biola University: who wish to receive financial aid, in addition to meeting other eligibility criteria, must be in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress in their degree or certificate program. A. Quality ofProgress - "Good Academic Standing" Students requesting aid must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA as follows: UNDERGRADUATES - 2.0 GRADUATES - 2.5 *GPA's are reviewed at the end of each semester. *Students who fail to maintain the minimum GPA will be given one semester of "Aid Probation" in which they must earn the above GPA (for that semester) or they will be suspended from the aid programs. *Once you have been on probation, you must contin­ ue achieving a 2.0/2.5 GPA or aid will be suspended. *First-time freshmen with GPA's less than 2.0 will be given one probation semester with aid. Transfer students with GPA's less than 2.0 are ineligible for aid. B. Quantity of Progress - "Unit Completion Requirement" *Students requesting aid must make progress toward a degree as follows: UNDERGRADUATES Full-time 24 units per year G1W)UKI ES Full-time: 18 units per year *Unit completion is reviewed at the end of each academic year in June. Summer is considered part of l the Spring semester for progress purposes. The following grades are considered to demonstrate l satisfactory course completion: A,B,C,D, and CR. These grades do not demonstrate course completion: F, Incomplete, Withdrawal, Unofficial Withdrawal, and Report Delayed. Repeated courses for which a satisfactory grade has been given may be counted only once for the purpose of academic progress. Remedial course work may be considered if the coursework is specifically prescribed by the student's academic advisor. *Students who fai l to complete the required number of units per academic year will be suspended from finan­ cial aid until the deficit units are made up. Deficit units can be made up either in the summer and/or by petition­ ing for a semester of "Aid Probation" by submitting a Letter of Petition to Financial Aid Office. Students whose cumulative GPA is less than 2.0/2.5 must make up deficit units BEFORE the probation semester. C. Duration ofProgress - ''Maximum Time Frame" *Students requesting aid are expected to complete an academic program within a reasonable time frame (including transfer units) as follows: UNDERGRADUATES Full-time: 11 semesters Part-time: 17 semesters GRADuA1 ES Full-time: 11 semesters Part-time: 17 semesters Time frame is reviewed at the end of each academic year. *Students may appeal for extended time by submit­ ting a letter of petition to Financial Aid Office.

Financial Aid Office

(213) 903-4742

■ ■■ ■■■

Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker