THE NEWSLETTER ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND CARING FOR YOUR BODY NEWSLET TER
LIVING YOUR LIFE WITHOUT BACK PAIN
For some, back pain is a daily occurrence that dictates the way you live your life. Every movement, every motion is determined by the pain in your back. Standing, sitting, laying down, driving, walking or running —
the pain persists. (continued inside)
FREE PAIN CONSULTATION
INSIDE : • Living Your Life Without Back Pain • Understanding Why Your Back Hurts
• Exercise Of The Month • Patient Success Spotlight
THE NEWSLETTER ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND CARING FOR YOUR BODY NEWSLET TER LIVING YOUR LIFE WITHOUT BACK PAIN
INSIDE : • Understanding Why Your Back Hurts • Exercise Of The Month
• Fun & Games • Patient Success Spotlight
(continued from outside)
the couch or off your feet can cause the back muscles to weaken and can even weaken bone strength. This could lead to more long-term issues with back pain — not fewer. Exercise, in general, is shown to increase strength and flexibility, supporting healthy muscles and bones, and therefore supporting ideal back health. Physical Therapy for Back Pain While rest and relaxation can help you overcome the immediate pain of a back injury, and may even be recommended by your physician in the early days following an injury, it is not a long-term solution. Physical therapy offers a long-term solution to back pain by using targeted exercises that focus on the cause of the pain. Through a combination of strength and flexibility training that focuses on muscle development and joint movement, physical therapy can address the underlying cause of the pain and significantly improve your quality of life.
In ages past, back pain was difficult to treat. If you experienced back pain, whether as a result of a work injury, trip-and-fall accident, or even just as a result of aging, the answer was almost always the same: head home, take a long rest, and give your back time to heal. This isn’t the way that things go anymore, and for several reasons. To start, the world isn’t as forgiving. Heading home and taking a long rest until your back is healed may work for some, but not for most. With deadlines and carpools and work schedules to keep up with, there needs to be an alternate solution to dealing with back pain that doesn’t require you to completely remove yourself from your responsibilities.
What’s more, recent research indicates that resting may not actually be the ideal solution for long-term back care. Spending too much time on
DISCOVER HOW WE CAN HELP ELIMINATE YOUR BACK PAIN ONCE AND FOR ALL! CALL TODAY OR VISIT OUR ALL NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.SHORELINEPTNC.COM FOR MORE DETAILS!
LOWER TRUNK ROTATIONS Lying on your back with your knees bent, gently rock your knees side- to-side. Perform this 10-15 times in each direction. Stretches Lower Back www.simpleset.net EXERCISE OF THE MONTH Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
Understanding Why Your Back Hurts
The most common type of back pain is called Mechanical Low Back Pain. This type of pain is caused by overstretching of ligaments, joint capsules or muscles in your back. If overstretched, these tissues can tear and cause pain and limited mobility. Injury can occur abruptly such as lifting a heavy weight or slowly by assuming sustained postures or repeated movements that overstretch the tissues. Different factors can make you more susceptible to these injuries. These factors include:
• Your personal level of physical activity, including how often you exercise and the intensity of your typical workouts.
• Prolonged periods of poor posture especially with sitting, or repetitive activities like frequent bending and twisting at work or at home.
• Prolonged engagement in sedentary behavior, including sitting at a desk for eight hours or more consecutive days of the week, or spending free time on the couch or otherwise relaxed. Aerobic activity and strength training exercises actually make it possible to reduce your risk of injury and to improve your ability to overcome back pain by strengthening the support structures around your vertebrae and improving blood flow and nutrient disbursement throughout the back. When you are inactive, blood flow can actually become impeded, and this can have a negative effect on the overall health of your back and spine. Flexibility exercises targeting the back and hip muscles can also reduce stress to your back with everyday activity. How Physical Therapy Helps Anyone who has struggled with back pain can tell you plain and simple: When your back is hurting, there is no way to pretend that it isn’t. Simply going from sedentary activity to being active and healthy isn’t an option — at least not so easily. It takes time and effort, and when back pain is obstructing you from getting started, it requires help. Our goal at Shoreline Physical Therapy is to make sure each patient fully understands their underlying back condition and has the knowledge to accurately self assess changes to their condition. We strive to teach each patient how to consistently apply self treatment procedures to effectively improve their condition in the short term and,more importantly, be successful in long term management of their spinal health.
Cabbage Creole INGREDIENTS
•1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies •1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
•1lb ground beef
•1 medium onion
•1 medium green pepper
•1 medium cabbage
•Salt and pepper
INSTRUCTIONS Chop the onion and green pepper. Slice the cabbage. In a large pan, brown the ground beef with the onions and peppers. Drain and remove from pan. Put the sliced cabbage in the pan; add the Rotel tomatoes. Cook on medium heat until cabbage is tender. Add the meat mixture to the cabbage and stir well. Stir in the cheese soup until well blended. Cover and cook over low heat for at least 1 and half hours, maybe longer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For more information about overcoming back pain, call Shoreline Physical Therapy today!
CALL US TODAY IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY PAIN 910-791-0396
n° 318548 - Level Hard
n° 310547 - Level Hard
Patient Success Spotlight
Fun & Games
1 4 6 2
5 3 2 9 6 5 7 3 2 1 5 8 9
5 3 8 1 7
5 6 3 7 2
8 3 4 8 1 3 5 6 1
3 7 5 4
“...they were there for me during the hard times...” http://1sudoku.com
n° 36953 - Level Hard
n° 315994 - Level Hard
n° 315994 The classic sudoku is a number placing puzzle based on a 9x9 grid with several given numbers. The object is to place the numbers 1 to 9 in the empty squares so that each row, each column and each 3x3 box contains the same number only once. SODOKU PUZZLE
“After surgery, I was thinking I’d be up and around in a week. Not only did these guys keep me physically stable and progressing, they were there for me during the hard times when my emotional stress was weighing me down as well. One of the hardest parts of leaving the area, was leaving this team. Thank you all!” - D.G.
Play on your mobile t se puzzles and find their solutions by flashing the codes below : n° 318548 n° 310547 n° 36953
Discover How To Live Pain Free!
Page 1/1 - Check solutions, print more free sudoku and play online : http://1sudoku.com
At Shoreline Physical Therapy Sport & Spine Specialists, you will receive hands-on therapy treatments by our friendly, caring health experts during focused and individualized sessions.
FREE PAIN CONSULTATION
1. CALL AND TALK TO YOUR THERAPIST
2. DISCOVER WHY YOUR PAIN HAS COME BACK
910-791-0396 CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY! NO PRESCRIPTION NEEDED
3. GET YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY PROGRAM
Spots are limited so call today!
Call to schedule. Expires 8-31-19
www.shorelineptnc.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online