Feedback System by going to the following link: The VA will then follow up through the appropriate channels to investigate the complaint and resolve it satisfactorily. GI Bill ®is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program

The Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program (ANGEAP) is a state student assistance program established by the Legislature of the State of Alabama and is designed to provide financial assistance to Alabama National Guard members enrolled in a certificate program at an accredited community or technical college or a degree program at an accredited postsecondary institution of higher learning located within the State of Alabama. STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible for an Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program award the student must be: a. 17 years of age or over b. Active member in good standing with the Alabama National Guard c. Active member of a federally recognized unit of the Alabama National Guard d. Have completed basic training e. Pursuing the first undergraduate or postgraduate degree program f. Can only receive assistance with one degree g. Enrolled in a certificate or degree program at an accredited community college or technical college within the State of Alabama h. Enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university within the State of Alabama i. Maintain a cumulative 2.00 GPA Undergraduate; 3.00 GPA Graduate at end of each semester j. Must have the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file k. Must demonstrate a financial need of at least $100.00 12) Assistance will cover no more than a total of 120 academic hours

The updated ANGEAP application may be found on the Alabama Commission of Higher Education website each year at .

Alabama G.I. Dependents Scholarship Program

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs offers financial assistance to eligible dependents (child, stepchild, spouse, or widow/er) of disabled veterans (living or deceased) who were permanent civilian residents of Alabama prior to entry into military service. Special consideration is given to permanently and totally disabled veterans who are now (or were) bona fide residents prior to their death. Other qualifying veterans’ categories are former prisoners of war (POW), those


2022-23 College Catalog and Student Handbook

Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online