THE NEWSLETTER ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND CARING FOR YOUR BODY NEWSLET TER
NOTICING THE SIGNS OF HIP & KNEE OSTEOARTHRITIS
Could you be living with osteoarthritis in the hips or knees? At Limitless PTS, we are here to help you understand the symptoms. Osteoarthritis of the hips and knees are both extremely prevalent in the aging population, typically affecting people of 50 years of age or older. Some of the most common complaints of those living with osteoarthritis include: • Stiffness in the joints, especially in the morning and/or after extended periods of rest
of the hips and knees, these are all common findings. Upon examination, we also typically find that a patient will have developed one or more of the following: • Decreased range of motion, especially with flexion and internal rotation of the hip, as well as extension/flexion of the knee
• Weak quad and gluteal muscles
• Functional limitations with daily activities, such as walking, getting out of a bed or car, going up and down the stairs, squatting, and participating in physical activities However, at Limitless PTS, we can help you find relief so you can get back to living your normal, pain-free life. Through activity modifications, range of motion restoration, strength training, and patient education, we have been able to help several osteoarthritis patients return to the activities they love. Ready to get started? So are we! Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation. - Dan, Limitless Physical Therapy
• Pain with weight-bearing activities
• Anterior and/or lateral hip pain
• Anteromedial and/or posterior knee pain
• Joint tenderness
• “Warming up” phenomenon, where pain and stiffness eases with movement after rest
When someone is living with osteoarthritis
INSIDE : • Kick Your Knee and Hip Pains to the Curb! • Are You Moving Correctly?
• Exercise Of The Month • Free Consult Event!
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online