THE NEWSLETTER ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND CARING FOR YOUR BODY NEWSLET TER
NOTICING THE SIGNS OF HIP & KNEE OSTEOARTHRITIS
Could you be living with osteoarthritis in the hips or knees? At Limitless PTS, we are here to help you understand the symptoms. Osteoarthritis of the hips and knees are both extremely prevalent in the aging population, typically affecting people of 50 years of age or older. Some of the most common complaints of those living with osteoarthritis include: • Stiffness in the joints, especially in the morning and/or after extended periods of rest
of the hips and knees, these are all common findings. Upon examination, we also typically find that a patient will have developed one or more of the following: • Decreased range of motion, especially with flexion and internal rotation of the hip, as well as extension/flexion of the knee
• Weak quad and gluteal muscles
• Functional limitations with daily activities, such as walking, getting out of a bed or car, going up and down the stairs, squatting, and participating in physical activities However, at Limitless PTS, we can help you find relief so you can get back to living your normal, pain-free life. Through activity modifications, range of motion restoration, strength training, and patient education, we have been able to help several osteoarthritis patients return to the activities they love. Ready to get started? So are we! Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation. - Dan, Limitless Physical Therapy
• Pain with weight-bearing activities
• Anterior and/or lateral hip pain
• Anteromedial and/or posterior knee pain
• Joint tenderness
• “Warming up” phenomenon, where pain and stiffness eases with movement after rest
When someone is living with osteoarthritis
INSIDE : • Kick Your Knee and Hip Pains to the Curb! • Are You Moving Correctly?
• Exercise Of The Month • Free Consult Event!
THE NEWSLETTER ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND CARING FOR YOUR BODY NEWSLET TER
KICK YOUR KNEE AND HIP PAINS TO THE CURB! INSIDE : • Are You Moving Correctly? • Free Consult Event!
• We’re Open & Booking Appointments! • And More!
The study, titled “Effect of a Home-Based Exercise Program on Functional Recovery Following Rehabilitation After Hip Fracture,” focuses on the benefits of exercise programs for those recovering from hip fractures. In this study, patients were split into two groups. The intervention group received “functionally oriented exercises (such as standing from a chair, climbing a step) taught by a physical therapist and performed independently by the participants in their homes for 6 months,” while the other group simply received education on cardiovascular nutrition and recovery. Results from this study concluded that those participating in the in- home physical therapy exercise programs demonstrated “modest improvement in physical function at 6 months after randomization.” Restoring normal motion is a key aspect to alleviating pain and allowing you to safely partake in the activities you love. Our dedicated team can help you walk, run, and play better. With our motion analysis, strength testing, coordination testing, and more, we can spot your muscles and joints that are in need of treatment. Your treatment plan will be individualized, based on your specific needs, in order to help you reach your optimum function with the least amount of effort.
Do you find it difficult to walk, run, or exercise, as if your knees may collapse underneath you? Are you experiencing sharp pains in your hips and knees that make daily tasks difficult? Does standing up after a lengthy amount of time pose as a challenging feat? If so, physical therapy can help. Constant hip and knee pains can greatly hinder your daily life. The efficiency of your walk comes from the effectiveness of your flexibility, strength, and balance. When any of these aspects become abnormal, it may cause joints to become strained and work harder than they usually need to, leading to pain in the knees and hips. Physical therapy is an easy, comfortable, and safe way to both identify and relieve pain. Correcting your knee and hip pains with PT treatments: At Limitless Physical Therapy Specialists, our licensed physical therapists are movement experts. They will analyze how you walk in order to determine any abnormalities and to pinpoint stiff or weak muscles. By pinpointing the exact areas of your body that are not moving as they should, they are able to create a treatment plan that will improve your strength, coordination, and overall mobility. Physical therapy has been proven as one of the most effective treatment methods for knee and hip injuries. This has been demonstrated through several research-based studies, including a recent study published by the Journal of American Medical Association.
If you are suffering from knee or hip pain, contact Limitless Physical Therapy Specialists today for relief!
THE SAME GREAT PHYSICAL THERAPY YOU KNOW AND LOVE
WE’RE OPEN & BOOKING APPOINTMENTS!
Are You Moving Correctly?
If you are suffering from knee or hip pain, it is important to make sure you contact a physical therapist as soon as possible. However, there are also some tests you can do on your own before your consultation – these simple tests can help you determine if your knees and hips are as flexible and strong as they should be. Practice caution when performing these tests with a painful knee or hip, and do not continue them if they cause your pain to worsen:
Physical therapy is considered an essential healthcare service and we will continue to provide care to meet the needs of new and current patients as long as we feel it is appropriate. We are currently accepting appointments for necessary one-on-one in clinic appointments and are also now offering Telehealth services.
• When you are standing, can you touch your toes? This indicates hip and low back flexibility.
• When sitting down, can you comfortably cross your legs so your ankle is resting on the opposite knee? Does one knee go further down than the other? This indicates hip flexibility. If one hip is tighter than the other, it can impact the way you walk and can cause knee pain. • Keeping your feet flat on the floor while holding onto something solid, how far can you squat down? You should be able to squat all the way down so your buttocks almost touches your heels. Don’t let your heels pop up! If you favor movement to one side, you probably have hip weakness on that side or limited motion in the hip joint. • Standing near a counter top, put one foot in front of the other so you are touching heel-to-toe. Without putting your hands down, see if you can balance for 10 seconds. If you cannot, this may mean you have trouble with the coordination of your balance from the nerve endings in your hips, knees, ankles, and feet. Contact us today: As noted, physical therapy is an effective mode of treatment for patients suffering from knee and/or hip pain. At Limitless Physical Therapy Specialists, we help provide treatment for patients through movement and physical manipulation. If you are suffering from knee and/or hip pain, don’t hesitate to contact Limitless Physical Therapy Specialists to schedule an appointment. We’ll help you kick your knee and hip pains to the curb, so you can live a happy, active, and pain-free life!
As long as you have a smartphone, tablet, or a computer with a camera, you have what it takes for a telehealth appointment.
Our team is ready to help you live your life without limits right now! We are committed to providing excellent value to you during the time you spend with us - even if it is virtual! While every insurance is different, we promise there will be no surprise billing. In fact, most insurance companies are covering telehealth services in full right now. Feel free to call our office at (585) 869-5140 with questions about your insurance coverage, to schedule an appointment, or you can book an in clinic or telehealth appointment by clicking the button below.
Stay healthy and safe! - The Limitless Team
CALL US TODAY IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY PAIN
AT TENTION LIMITLESS PTS PATIENTS!!!
WE ARE CELEBRATING FATHER’S DAY WITH AN ENTIRE MONTH OF... FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE! CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE! FREE CONSULTS FOR DADS!
Stay Tuned For Details On How To Be Entered To Win Our Awesome Giveaway For Dads!
www.limitlesspts.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online