Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre_Parent Support Handbook

. . . . . How to Report Suspected or Known Child Abuse

Anyone who has REASON TO BELIEVE that a child has been or is likely to be abused or neglected MUST report the abuse to a child welfare worke r

If you think or know that a child is being abused you have the LEGAL DUTY to report your concern to a child welfare worker.

SURREY Ministry of Child and Family Development

Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm call: 604.501.3122

Afterhours, call: 604.660.8180

If the child is in IMMEDIATE DANGER and/or a criminal offense against a child has been or is likely to be committed. Call the POLICE 9-1-1

Page 15 of 32

Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online