TRAVEL BY PLANE Bioengineering for Girls at Wheaton is best accessed by Logan Airport in Boston. When booking your travel or your child’s flight to EXPLO, please check flight windows on the Arrival and Departure Schedule on page 1.
NOTE ABOUT UNACCOMPANIED MINOR STATUS
Students should not book travel as Unaccompanied Minors (UM), if at all possible. Rest assured we will be tracking all flights, and will meet your child at the airport. If your airline does require flying as a UM for your child’s age, please be sure that ALL flight arrangements*, both for arrival and departure are settled ahead of time. *All airline fees for Unaccompanied Minor service must be paid prior to travel.
Is Your Child Flying Solo?
• For students flying alone, please be assured that EXPLO staff will help them at every step of the travel process, from airport pickup to arrival on campus • Students will be met at baggage claim by one of our staff members, who will be wearing an orange EXPLO T-shirt and an EXPLO ID lanyard • If at any point there are questions or concerns, your child may call the EXPLO Main Office at 508.286.5868 • Getting to the EXPLO campus: Once a child is in custody of an EXPLO staff member, they will collect their luggage and board the shuttle bus to campus with other EXPLO staff and students
• Students flying alone will call their parents/guardians from the Main Office upon arrival at Wheaton
SHUTTLE TO/FROM LOGAN AIRPORT Shuttles will take students from Logan Airport to Wheaton on Arrival Day, and back to Logan Airport on Departure Day when it’s time to fly home.
• There is a $60 fee each way for EXPLO’s shuttle service
• If transportation is needed outside of the shuttle window, EXPLO can help coordinate transportation, but there may be significant wait times at the airport • Flying with your child? Parents may travel on the EXPLO shuttle from Logan Airport to the Wheaton campus, as space allows; however, there is no transportation back to the airport
• Students traveling alone will get priority on the shuttle
• Flying Home – our staff will remain at the airport until all student flights have departed
Questions? Contact our Admission Office at 781.762.7400www.explo.org
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker