PUZZLE NO. 656
3. Surrounded by 4. Default result 5. Small city 6. Each 7. Sex 8. Station 9. Frankly declare 10. Delude 11. Fabric layer 12. Bubbles
42. Halloween attire 44. Sporting facility 45. Emulate Elvis 47. Citified 49. Pixieish 54. Bookish 58. Experience 60. Techie 62. Make doilies 64. Envelop 65. Locust, e.g. 67. Stinking 68. Cloak 69. Crosswise 70. Cheerful 71. “For ____ the Bell Tolls” 72. Submarine sandwich 73. Bedouin 75. Determination 77. Roster 79. Destroy the interior of
WEEK OF APRIL 7 TO 13, 2013
THE LUCKIEST SIGNS THIS WEEK: CANCER, LEO, AND VIRGO.
13. Dissenter 14. Ownership document
ARIES You’re feeling pretty energetic and are ready to take on lots of challenges, whe- ther at work or elsewhere. An adventure with your partner, friends, or family will be much appreciated. TAURUS This is the time of year when it’s easy to catch a cold or flu when you’re tired. After all your herculean efforts this week, it will be important to take time to recuperate. GEMINI Even though you are a very sociable sort of person, you need to get away on your own sometimes. This is especially true when you’re surrounded by people who are stressed out. CANCER Time is a precious commodity for many people and you’re no exception to the rule. You have to work twice as hard this week to finish everything you’ve started. LEO You could very well start to organize a trip, either as a couple or with friends. You also make some changes at home, even if it’s only to move the furniture around. VIRGO You’ll have to use a bit of push and shove to succeed professionally this week. Affluence is in the stars for you, but so is a bit of stress! LIBRA You have to make a few compromises before coming to an understanding that suits you. Justice is on your side in the set- tling of an ongoing question. SCORPIO There is lots of work coming up for you. You might be offered a job with the com- petition. You’ll feel a bit torn and will have to reflect on your personal and pro- fessional integrity. SAGITTARIUS Your zodiac sign is one of joyful living and optimism. You show this side of yourself to advantage as you diffuse tensions and make people laugh with a few well-timed jokes. CAPRICORN There’s sure to be lots to do at home or with the family. You are a naturally responsible person and you give priority to your loved ones. AQUARIUS You say just the right things to distinguish yourself and assert your point of view. Some travelling is to be expected, espe- cially if you have a new car. PISCES You could begin the process of acquiring a property. At the very least, you shop around for something for the family or to transform your surroundings.
24. Dry watercourse 26. Hearth residue 29. Juicy fruit
Here’s a delicious way to serve spinach to your family. Furthermore, these easy to prepare squares take only 20 minutes to cook. INGREDIENTS: - Cooking spray - 50 ml (1/4 cup) seasoned dry bread crumbs - 8 eggs - 250 ml (1 cup) smooth low- fat cottage cheese - 1 package of 300 g (10 oz) chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry - 2 ml (1/2 tsp) lemon pepper or 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground pep- per - 1 ml (1/4 tsp) hot pepper sauce - 125 ml (1/2 cup) shredded light cheddar or swiss cheese
31. Got up 32. Mix up 33. Untamed 34. Procure 35. Agate
36. Tot’s garment 37. Type of skiing 39. Printing method 41. Student’s furniture
Copyright © 2013, Penny Press
ACROSS 1. Mark
67. Duelist 68. Beret
30. Snake shape 32. Hold fast 33. Nautical unit 36. Diameter components
71. Which thing? 74. Ma that baas 76. Collection of clothes 78. Pronoun 79. Fortitude 80. Nipper’s master 81. Concluded 82. Openings 83. Not a pretty fruit 84. Outward appearance 85. Tree of India 86. Disorderly crowd 87. Informed 88. Remit money to 89. West Pointer’s team
5. Label 8. Humid 12. Craze 15. “A Horse With No ____” 16. Unclose, to a poet 17. Like a villain 18. Dollar bill 19. Above 20. Take the gold medal 21. Nosegay 22. Pleased Julia Child 23. Famous 25. Night animal 26. In the company of 27. Physics unit 28. Mountain- climber’s coup
38. Doctrine 40. Defective 42. Sculpt 43. Minister 46. Bizarre 48. Abundant
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 656
50. Gaucho’s tool 51. Brownish gray fabrics 52. Sales pitch 53. Join 55. Cheat 56. Scope of knowledge 57. Mushrooms, e.g.
59. Senseless 61. Eye section 63. Put in order 66. Conjunction
DOWN 1. Pitfall 2. Indulge, with “to”
CROSSWORD PUZZLE ANSWERS USE AMERICAN SPELLING
PUZZLE NO. 391
METHOD: Spray a 2 litre (2 quart) square casserole dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs to coat bottom and sides of dish. Set aside. Whisk eggs with cot- tage cheese, spinach, lemon pepper and hot pepper sauce. Spread over bread crumbs. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake in a 180 ºC (350 ºF) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serv- ing. Recipe and photo: Canadian Egg Marketing Agency, www.eggs.ca
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 391
HOW TO PLAY: Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 through 9 only once. Each 3x3 box is outlined with a darker line. You already have a few numbers to get you started. Remember: You must not repeat the numbers 1 through 9 in the same line, column, or 3x3 box .
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker