PUZZLE NO. 657
48. Indian bread 51. Metallic element 53. Boxcar rider 55. Piece of music 57. Perspective 62. Congressional body 63. Cigar 65. Shelley, for one 66. Crown 67. Frost or Keats, e.g. 68. Taken ____ (surprised) 69. Random attempt 70. Title of nobility 71. Hosiery shade 74. Satiate 77. “____ to Midnight” (Bronson film) 79. Check 80. Sty dweller
10. Coiffure 11. Went by airplane 12. Forest growth 14. Unicorn feature 15. Fierce flower? 16. Fun-house shout 21. Beat 23. Invent 26. Equine sport 28. Cats’ prey 29. Alone 33. Extend 34. Abrasive stuff 36. London brew 37. Narrow-interest doctor 39. Feathered stole 40. Shaq, e.g. 41. Pack animal 43. Strict diet 44. KITT’s fuel on “Knight Rider” 46. Writing tool
WEEKLY RECIPE Luscious Lemon Cheese Pie This dessert will instantly become a tradition. Here’s a tip: to prevent spillage, place pie on oven rack before adding lemon layer. Then, pour lemon layer - 1 23 cm (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (for frozen, use deep-dish style) CHEESE LAYER: - 1 pkg of 250 g (8 oz) regular or light cream cheese, softened - 50 ml (1/4 cup) sugar - 1 egg LEMON LAYER: - 125 ml (1/2 cup) corn syrup - 10 ml (2 tsp) grated lemon rind - 75 ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice - 2 eggs - 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter or margarine, melted - 15 ml (1 tbsp) corn starch - Lemon rind, for garnish (optional) filling into pie. INGREDIENTS:
WEEK OF APRIL 21 TO 27, 2013
THE LUCKIEST SIGNS THIS WEEK: CAPRICORN, AQUARIUS, AND PISCES.
ARIES It’s very likely that you will address an important group of people. Your speech is a memorable one for all, despite your stage fright, stress, and nerves. TAURUS You have lots of little details to take into consideration. This is a good week for settling disputes and billing errors; you will be proved right. GEMINI Purchasing a home or property requires a big investment in time — maybe even years. Nevertheless, it is a project that will greatly benefit you and increase your self-esteem. CANCER Make room in your schedule for some quality time with family. You might embark on a project with them, such as purchasing a home or a business. LEO You feel like spoiling yourself now that summer is on the way, perhaps even with a new car. You will receive some interes- ting invitations from friends. VIRGO You are sure to be tempted by a bit of shopping. Your friends entice you into having a much busier social life. LIBRA You will feel some discomfort with the tighter budget you have set yourself, especially when you get excited about several interesting initiatives. Stay the course, and you won’t be sorry. SCORPIO Stress is the plague of the 21 st century, and if you don’t take the time to relax you will be the next victim. It would help if you adopted a more spiritual lifestyle. SAGITTARIUS Even though you’re a rather discreet and reserved sort of person, you will spend a lot of time in esteemed company. You take charge of an event involving a lot of people. CAPRICORN You will be given a very good promotion at work. If you’re looking for a job you will soon find one with great prospects. AQUARIUS Travel tempts you. You might organize a group trip that will be the experience of a lifetime. Going as a group will allow you to benefit from some worthy discounts. PISCES Generally speaking, you are a sensitive person. You are also very generous and some people tend to take advantage of this. Fortunately, you know how to make others respect you this time.
Copyright © 2013, Penny Press
ACROSS 1. Greatest
72. Pastrami seller 73. Image 75. Head 76. Strategy 78. Stagnant 80. Long narrative 81. Stop 82. Fortuneteller’s card 83. Of the ear 84. Overly frank 85. Cove 86. Seven days 2. Authority 3. Arachnid 4. Cargo unit 5. Rajah’s mate 6. Legal excuse 7. Romance 8. Squalid sites 9. Tin product DOWN 1. Stupefy
42. Bog fuel 43. Where cowboys get a few bucks
5. Tartare 8. Scrape 13. World’s fair, e.g. 14. Nimbi 16. Basic food item 17. Gyrate 18. Scallion 19. Bit of ash 20. Ref. work 21. Grain-storage bin 22. “God’s Little ____” 24. Part of BYOB 25. Hole-cutting tool 31. Mental flash 32. Have a debt 35. Voided volley 37. Vamoose! 38. Out on a ____ 40. Look-alike 27. Influence 30. Marched
44. Lass 45. Wrap
47. Hereditary unit 49. History chapter, perhaps 50. Staring intently 52. Mountain’s melody 54. Pain 56. Eighteen-wheeler 57. Negatively charged atom 58. Nibble 59. “He ____ All the Way” 60. Nature’s Band-Aid 61. Rumple 64. Flier’s aide 67. Spanish monetary unit, once 69. Poker word
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 657
CROSSWORD PUZZLE ANSWERS USE AMERICAN SPELLING
PUZZLE NO. 393
METHOD : Preheat oven to 180 ºC (350 ºF). To Make Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and blend well. Spread evenly in pie shell. To Make Lemon Layer: Beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour over cheese layer. Bake 50 to 55 min- utes or until set and golden. Cool on rack. Garnish with lemon rind, if desired. Recipe and photo: Canadian Egg Marketing Agency, www.eggs.ca
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO.393
HOW TO PLAY: Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 through 9 only once. Each 3x3 box is outlined with a darker line. You already have a few numbers to get you started. Remember: You must not repeat the numbers 1 through 9 in the same line, column, or 3x3 box .
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker