DEPARTMENT DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
STREET MAINTENANCE/EQUIPMENT SERVICES PROGRAM/ACTIVITY
Equipment Services is responsible for the maintenance and repair of City-owned vehicles and equipment. An "A" type service requires 45 minutes and includes Oil, filters, visual checks. A "B" type service includes a 1.5 hours maintenance along with oil, filters, brakes & visual checks. A "C" type service includes 3 hours of maintenance along with oil, filters, brakes, transmission service and visual checks. This function is performed by scheduling and conducting routine preventive maintenance and repairs on City vehicles and equipment. Other responsibilities include maintaining the Fueling Station (utilized by City and DeSoto Independent School District staff), developing specifications for vehicles and equipment based upon departmental needs, providing guidelines and recommendations on the Vehicle Replacement Fund, and coordinating vehicle and equipment auctions. Street Maintenance is responsible for maintaining and repair of City streets, alleys, and drainage. Street Maintenance provides utility cut inspections, and is responsible for ice control of bridges and signalized intersections, maintains street signs and markings, and barricades of high water areas. Street Maintenance also cleans thoroughfares, drainage structures, and inlets.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
* Provide safe and accessible driving surfaces.
* Maintain adequately-functioning traffic signal lights . * Provide safe and accessible driving surfaces. * Sweep all city streets to remove dirt and potentially damaging debris from roadways. * Address work order request by performing a site examination, prioritizing requests based upon level of importance, and fulfilling the requests. * Provide safe and reliable operational equipment to City staff, through routine inspections and performing and/or coordinating repairs. * Administer the Vehicle Replacement Program. * Maintain a warehouse with parts needed to complete vehicle/equipment repairs.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/SERVICE LEVELS
FY 2018 Actuals
FY 2019 Actuals
FY 2020 Actuals
FY 2021 Target
Activity Demand/Workload 1. Number of Street Department related work orders 2. Number of curbed miles swept per month
3. Number of vehicle auctions per year
4. Number of vehicles being replaced in City Fleet 5. Scheduled signal preventative maintenance performed 6. Scheduled flasher preventative maintenance performed
16 36 52
21 36 56
Efficiency/Effectiveness Measures M&O Budget Per Capita M&O % of General Fund Budget
1. Percentage of Street Department related work orders addressed within 10 days 2. Average time (days) to sweep City Streets, per quadrant 3. Total percentage of lane miles of A & B asphalt streets crack sealed 4. Percentage of scheduled signal PM's performed 5. Percentage of scheduled school flasher PM's performed 6. Percentage of scheduled fleet equipment and vehicles replaced
7. Revenue from vehicle/equipment auctions
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online