STRATEGIES FOR CHANGE
Example : Patricia came up with a detailed strategy for change for her hand hygiene QI project.
STRATEGY FOR CHANGE:
• Appoint a team leader each day:
• To ensure the availability of hand hygiene resources. • To assess and record hand hygiene practices for each health worker available on duty.
• To inform hospital’s QI coordinator:
• About hand hygiene problem. • Lobby for supply of handwashing buckets and alcohol hand-rub.
Change is not easy.
• Write posters demonstrating:
• Hand hygiene. • Hand washing steps. • Moments of hand hygiene.
• Put up posters at every strategic point to act as reminders. • Motivate staff by:
• Clear communication and praise. • Train health workers.
• Educate patient guardians on hand hygiene. • Ensure communication using our notice board and via our unit Whats-app group to increase awareness of the project. • Use of video to educate health workers on need for hand hygiene.
Made with FlippingBook Publishing Software