National University 2018 General Catalog

courses will not transfer or count for credit. It is recommended that students with- out transferable mathematics credits complete the pre-collegiate mathematics sequence, MTH 12A and MTH 12B, prior to starting college-level mathematics. Students may test out of one or both of these classes through successful placement by ACCUPLACER. MTH 12A and MTH 12B are remedial-level courses and do not grant collegiate credit. Grading for these courses is Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory only. English Placement Students may request transfer credit for lower-division college-level English courses completed elsewhere with a grade of “C-” or better. Remedial-level courses will not transfer or count for credit. It is strongly recommended that students without transferable English credits take the ACCUPLACER exam to determine whether they should complete the pre-collegiate English course, ENG 013, prior to college-level English. Students may test out of ENG 013 through successful placement by Accuplacer. ENG 013 is a remedial-level course and does not grant collegiate credit. Grading Transfer credit earned at other institutions cannot be considered without official transcripts. To expedite the evaluation process, it is recommended that students request transcripts directly from all of their previous institutions or the evaluation process may be delayed. Official transcripts should be sent by the issuing institution directly to: Office of the Registrar National University 9980 Carroll Canyon Road San Diego, California 92131-1133 The Office of the Registrar will not accept hand-carried transcripts or transcripts “issued to student” as official documents unless they are in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Electronic transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution to will be considered official. Electronic transcripts not sent from the issuing institution or sent to a different email address will not be considered official. Upon request, the University will process the initial request for all domestic transcripts (excluding test scores), including payment of associated fees, on the student’s behalf. If a transcript has not arrived within four weeks, the Office of the Registrar will submit a second request. Thereafter, it becomes the student’s responsibility to ensure that the University receives the document(s). Students must provide documents that are outstanding to ensure receipt within the required time frame. Once student has been officially admitted, any subsequent transcripts are the sole responsibility of the student. The University will not process requests for foreign transcripts/documents. Students who have attended institutions in foreign countries or who have a high school proficiency must acquire official transcripts/documents themselves. Transcripts from other institutions that have been presented for admission or evaluation become a part of the student’s academic file and are not returned or copied for distribution. Evaluation Evaluation is the official determination of the required course of study for a student’s degree and is the final step in the admission process. After the Office of the Registrar receives all official transcripts and other documents required for admission, the student’s records are evaluated for transferability of credit. The course of study that a student discussed with an advisor at the initial admissions interview is only an estimate of the course requirements for a degree. The Office of the Registrar makes the official determination regarding the applicability of previous coursework toward meeting the requirements of a particular degree program. Students will be notified by e-mail when they may view their Academic Advisement Report (AAR) online through the student portal. As students progress through their program, the AAR will show coursework already completed and courses remaining to be completed. The AAR helps students and advisors determine progress toward completion of program requirements. The AAR is not the official notification of completion of for this course is Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory only. Transcript Requests of Other Institutions

• All regionally accredited colleges and universities previously attended. • All examinations taken including CLEP, AP, DSST, and/or Excelsior College Exams. • Official Military DD-295 or Official Military JST Transcript (Army, Navy, Marine, or Coast Guard). • Community College of the Air Force transcript. • High school transcripts (required if the student has not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or has less than 60 semester units [90 quarter units] of transferable coursework from previous collegiate level institutions or if the student has not attended any higher education institution). High school proficiency certificates may be submitted by students who have obtained high school equivalency through an alternative route. Coursework not included in total transferable units include remedial, pass/fail, repeats, and excess vocational, and PE. If the Office of the Registrar does not receive all required documentation within 60 days of the date of admission, the students’ studies are temporarily interrupted until the Registrar receives all official documents. If the student’s studies are temporarily interrupted this can affect financial aid eligibility. The Office of the Registrar will send a courtesy notification every 20 days to students in provisional status advising them of any outstanding documentation needed for their file to be complete. Students should also view their To-Do list on the student web portal to view outstanding documents. Coursework satisfactorily completed during the provisional acceptance period counts toward graduation if it is consistent with specific degree program requirements. Conditional Admission Applicants who are within six months of completing a high school diploma may apply and be conditionally admitted into a National University undergraduate program. The official admission of such students will occur when they produce, in a sealed envelope, an official transcript that shows conferral of the high school completion. Baccalaureate courses may not be taken until proof of the student’s high school conferral is provided. When the Office of the Registrar receives this official documentation, students will be considered for full admission into a Applicants who have a cumulative grade point average below 2.0 and who are ineligible for admission must apply for a policy exception. Students should work directly with an admissions advisor to submit all of the following required documentation: • Transcripts from all institutions the student has attended. High school transcripts are required. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. • A copy of student’s Mathematics and English ACCUPLACER exam scores. • A letter of intent explaining student’s purpose and goals for attending the University and academic strategies student intends to employ to ensure academic success. If it is determined that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies, the student will be admitted on probation for a specific number of courses in which the student must meet all conditions. The number of courses and other conditional requirements are individualized according to each student’s situation. Students are not eligible to receive financial aid during the probationary admission period. Upon satisfactory completion of all conditions, the student will be officially admitted to the University. If the student does not meet the conditions during the probationary period, he/she will not be admitted to the University. F-1 students are not eligible for probationary admission. Mathematics and English Evaluation It is strongly recommended that all entering undergraduate students take the ACCUPLACER Mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to students. First-time undergraduate students can take the ACCUPLACER evaluation tests once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. The ACCUPLACER may be repeated a maximum of three (3) times. Mathematics Placement Students may request transfer credit for lower-division college-level mathematics courses completed elsewhere with a grade of “C-” or better. Remedial-level National University program. Probationary Admission


Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online