W E L L N E S S U P D A T E
START 2020 PAIN-FREE
Hip, Knee & Leg Pain • Meet The Staff • Our Services Don’t Miss Out On This Special Offer! • Our Practice
South Coast Physiotherapy 216 West St, Unit 305 Simcoe, On N3Y 1S8 P : 519.428.1234
South Coast Physiotherapy 422 Grey St Brantford, ON N3S 4X8 P : 226.777.7133
South Coast PhysioPlus 164 Colborne St West Unit 2B Brantford, ON N3T 1L2 P : 519.304.8822
Tillsonburg Physiotherapy 171 North Street E, Tillsonburg, ON N4G 1B8 P: 519.842.5162
Learn more by visiting our website southcoastphysiotherapy.ca
HIP, KNEE & LEG PAIN
Your hips, knees, and lower legs are tough—but injuries happen. Your hips and knees are your largest joints, supporting your body’s weight.Theywork inclosecoordination,givingusthemobilityweneed. Betweenarthritis, injuriesandage,however,paincanflareup. Ifyou’re experiencing hip, knee or leg pain, call us to schedule a closer look. Before you do, however, let’s examine the pain itself. What Causes Hip, Knee and Leg Pain? Hip, knee and leg pain are surprisingly common. Thus, their source can come from a variety of things. If you’re experiencing pain in any part of your leg, pinpointing the exact spot can help you determine the cause. MayoClinichaspinpointedseveral leadingcausesofhip,kneeand leg pain. While many causes exist, the most likely are:
· Pinched nerves
· Hip fracture
· Sprains and strains
Whilesomecausesaremoreseverethanothers,aphysiciancan identify each. As the body ages, joints become inflamed. Cartilage may wear down, reducing the “buffer” between bones. In some cases, limited blood flow may cause bone tissue death, or necrosis. Ifyou’reexperiencingredness, inflammationand immobilized joints, the condition may be severe.
MEET THE STAFF
• Acupuncture • Post-Op Rehabilitation • Pelvic Health Physiotherapy • Advanced Pain Management • Compression Stockings • WSIB & Auto Accident Injuries (MVA)
• Physiotherapy (OHIP in Tillsonburg and Simcoe Only) • Sports Injury Rehab • Shockwave Therapy • Vestibular Rehab (Vertigo) • Pre-Employment Screening • Custom Orthotics • Custom & Non-Custom Bracing
Fahad Siddique BSc.PT, DPT. Dip. AMPT Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Fiona Third Physiotherapist
Judy Michaels Physiotherapist
Visit our website at southcoastphysiotherapy.ca or call 519.304.8822 to learn more information.
Agoodphysiotherapyprogramcanassistwithpost-operationtreatment, too. If you’ve undergone treatment for osteoporosis, dislocation or a fracture,yourtherapistcanhelpyoureclaim fullmobility—andahealthy lifestyle. From start to finish, we’re dedicated to your ongoing wellness. On every level, physiotherapy serves to enhance the patient’s quality of life. We’re here to help, and we have years of experience backing every therapy option. Contact one of our providers today, and tell us about your symptoms. If you are suffering with sciatica or any other condition, call us to book an assessment with one of our health professionals.
MICHAEL J. COOK Registered Massage Therapist DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS SPECIAL OFFER! 30 Your Initial Assessm nt and following treatments at our Tillsonburg Clinic % OFF How Physiotherapy Can Help In many cases, physiotherapy can help patients increase leg mobility. In doing so, they can stretch, flex and strengthen the muscles responsible for support. If a joint appears deformed, or if sudden swelling occurs, contact a physician immediately. Michael combines the best aspects of Massage, Acupuncture and Athletic Therapy to provide a safe but aggressive and effective, individualized rehabilitation programs ensuring the patient reaches their optimal goals quickly and economically. What Are the Symptoms? While leg pain is noticeable by a slew of symptoms, several stick out. Aching or stiffness around the hip, groin, back or thigh may be a sign of deeper problems. A decreased range of motion can also be a sign of deeper problems which may later result in hip, knee or leg pain. Sometimes, inactivity can contribute to immobility—and later pain. If you’re limping, lurching or are experiencing bad balance, contact a physician. While some hip, knee and leg pains go away, those last-ing longer than several months may be hinting at a deeper issue.
Sources https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/hip-pain/basics/when-to-see-doctor/sym-20050684 https://www.everydayhealth.com/hip-pain/hip-pain-and-your-body.aspx https://www.health.harvard.edu/pain/knees-and-hips-a-troubleshooting-guide-to-knee-and-hip-pain
We are excited to welcome the clients of Tillsonburg to the South Coast family! Our detailed initial consultations help our physiotherapists in better identifying and understanding your problem and formulating an effective treatment plan designed specifically for you. Toensureabetterprognosis forourpatients,ourphysiotherapistsworkwith you through the acute stages of pain and injury, leading to stabilization and rehabilitation. Our physiotherapists and other health professionals ensure that quality healthcare is provided to each and every patient through the use of proven care pathways.
Present this coupon to receive 30% off of your initial assessment and following treatments at our Tillsonburg Clinic. Offer valid through February 29, 2020. Terms and conditions apply.
Call today! 519.842.5162
HOW TO APPROACH A NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION
1. Consider Your Intentions. The most common resolutions are to lose weight, spend less money, and get organized. Those are all valuable and healthy practices. But why are they your intentions? Do you want to feel better about your body? Know that you won’t need to worry about money for retirement? Honoring the personal meaning behind an action helps us maintain our resolve. 2. Focus on Process, Not Results. Don’t focus on a result, with no identification of a process for how to get there. Intensely focusing on results paradoxically makes us less likely to achieve them. Instead of focusing on “losing 10 pounds,” try focusing on going for walks or eating healthy salads for lunch — you will probably end up losing some weight in the process. And you’ll probably enjoy the journey a lot more. The focus of our resolution should be the process — the infinite present moments in which transformation will occur — rather than the single instance of its attainment. 3. Consider Resolution Alternatives. If the pressure of New Year’s Resolutions is too much, consider a few
alternative ways to set your intentions for the upcoming year: Make a Vision Board: A vision board compiles images that represent what you want for yourself in the upcoming year. It’s a great way to have a visual reminder of your intentions. Choose a Word of the Year: Many people have embraced the trend of choosing a word for the year — like breathe, trust, dance, fly — that encapsulates the feelings, attitudes, and behaviors they desire in the year ahead. This word can guide your choices and actions — instead of setting firm expectations for yourself, you can ask if a particular behavior aligns with your word and your intentions. Ultimately, New Year’s Resolutions are about growth and improvement. They are about bringing health and joy and ease into our lives. With mindfulness we can bring awareness to our habits and hold ourselves with compassion and kindness as we seek meaningful transformation.
HAS YOUR PAIN COME BACK?
1. Call and consult with a physiotherapist at one of our locations to discuss your pain and symptoms.
DO YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT NEEDS OUR HELP? REFER A LOVED ONE TODAY! � Move without pain � Bend and move freely � Balance confidently & securely � Sit comfortably for long periods � Walk longer distances � Maintain a healthy life
2. Your physiotherapist may suggest exercises or precautionary measures to relieve or avoid pain.
3. If further assessment is needed to find the cause of your pain, your therapist can schedule an appointment with you.
Simcoe Location P : 519.428.1234 East Brantford Location P : 226.777.7133
West Brantford Location P : 519.304.8822 Tillsonburg Physiotherapy P : 519.842.5162
Visit our website at southcoastphysiotherapy.ca or call 1.888.217.1804 to RSVP or learn more information.
Learn more by visiting our website southcoastphysiotherapy.caPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online