Marketing Manager Candidate Information Pack
Welcome to St James Schools
Page 03 Page 04 Page 06 Page 09 Page 11
The Recruitment Process and How to Apply
St James Senior Girls’ School is an independent day school for girls aged 11-18, based in Kensington Olympia, and accommodating a two-form year group. Our Prep School pupils transfer at Year 7 and we admit a further 20-25 pupils at 11+ from other schools. We offer an education which nurtures and enriches the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual development of our pupils. Our happy, united atmosphere provides the ideal environment for every girl to discover her own unique combination of strengths and talents and to ‘be the best she can’. St James girls are industrious, open-hearted and courageous; they work together, enjoying others’ successes as well as their own. They achieve the highest academic standards and are also encouraged to develop strength through self-discipline and an ability to live according to an intelligent understanding of what is wise and true. Regular opportunities for stillness and quiet enable pupils to learn to be at ease with themselves, to appreciate the value of being fully present and to develop their ability to concentrate. Our teachers have excellent subject knowledge and give their time generously to support the well-being and development of their pupils. Relationships throughout the school are extremely positive and are characterised by a spirit of love, trust and mutual respect.
Sarah Labram BA Headmistress.
St James Independent Schools in London (UK) are three fee-paying schools for children aged 4 to 18. The Juniors’ and Senior Girls’ Schools are in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, and the Senior Boys’ School in Ashford, Surrey. Our Junior School located in Kensington benefits from a beautiful courtyard leading to spacious classrooms, a large playground, a well-equipped gymnasium, a refectory, library, music rooms, art and craft studio and an assembly hall with a stage and theatre lighting. Our Girls’ School located on the same site as our Junior School. We offer state of the art facilities including; an onsite Gymnasium, spacious art rooms, a large purpose built music room with our own grand piano and 4 science blocks all with the latest equipment. Last year we opened our new modern library which was designed to create a modern learning environment. Along with Our new Sixth Form Centre. The new building has been completed to a very high specification and comprises two study areas, six classrooms, offices for staff, a large common room and an attractive external paved area. This has provided a stylish and contemporary working space for our Sixth Form students and has allowed us to create a new library and an additional science lab within our main school building. Our Boys’ School occupies a 32-acre site, we moved to this site from Twickenham in 2010. Before we took over the site we completely refurbished all the facilities and created a new dining hall. We have also built an award-winning design technology workshop. The estate comprises of two rugby pitches, cricket square, athletic track and an elegant Victorian Chapel built in 1898 with beautiful welsh stained glass windows. Over the last few years we have made significant investment in our estates and we continue to develop the sites according to the needs of our pupils and teachers.
Marketing Manager: Job Description
Marketing Manager (Part- Time, Term Time Only, 44 Weeks) FTE £36,278 (pro rata)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Aims of post:
• The key remit of the role is to plan, coordinate and implement marketing strategy, whilst driving brand awareness and building on the considerable reputation and success of this thriving school.
• To undertake an annual review of the marketing strategy and amend as required • In liaison with the relevant departments and with the Headmistress, plan and execute the marketing strategy ensuring that key elements are delivered on time and within budget • Evaluate and interpret the success of the strategy on an on-going basis • Commission, select and catalogue photography as necessary for printed publications, website and other promotional material • Prepare written copy and source visual material for the production of innovative and cost effective press advertising – carefully manage the advertising budget
• Be responsible for the production of all the schools’ marketing material including the regular parental e-newsletter • Ensure that the website is constantly and reliably updated – liaise with all departments • Manage all digital marketing campaigns including Facebook and Google advertising as well as social media accounts • Be responsible, in liaison with the relevant departments, for maintaining the brand through excellent and highly visual internal and external signage: noticeboards/banners/displays around the School/ displays at external events, etc. • Represent the school at trade fairs, conferences, other educational establishments, etc. • Following guidelines, manage the St James brands, in liaison with the design agency – brief and monitor the work of internal and external contacts, agencies and suppliers • Attend and contribute at Marketing Team meetings and recommend new marketing ideas/campaigns. Marketing Team is made up of Marketing Managers from St James Senior Boys’ School (based in Ashford, Surrey) and St James Prep School (sharing the Earsby Street site) • Liaise with the School’s Registrar to ensure the effective coordination of the marketing and admissions process • Conduct all school tours for prospective parents (for those unable to attend an open event) • Liaise with all departments within the School with regard to obtaining copy for regular newsletter, annual publications, issuing timelines and deadlines and ensuring they are met • In liaison with the school Events Manager, market and help with the organisation of annual Open Events for prospective parents and their daughters • Actively pursue good relationships with the local and national press and procure good public relation coverage for the school including school academic performance, school events, community outreach and other positive, school-related activities. You may also be required to undertake such other comparable duties as the Head requires from time to time.
Applicants are required to demonstrate that they possess the following attributes:
Education and Qualifications
• Educated to degree level with appropriate qualifications in marketing e.g. CIM, AMCIS
• Proven marketing experience, ideally within the educational sector • Familiarity with the independent schools’ sector
Competencies, Skills and Abilities Essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to build and form professional relationships with current and prospective parents and colleagues • High personal and professional standards, maintaining a high level of confidentiality • Ability to use own initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively • Ability to be innovative and work creatively • Excellent planning, administrative and organisational skills • Experience of managing budgets • Good attention to detail • Proficiency in MS Office, database packages and internet systems • Proven interest in digital channels • Knowledge of existing and emerging web tools and social media platforms
• Experience of writing reports • Experience of making effective presentations
The Recruitment Process
Application Process Applications should consist of a CV and covering statement outlining key matching experience and rationale for applying for the post.
Applications should be sent to; Sian Gardiner of The Management Recruitment Group via email at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Sunday 6th January 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and The Management Recruitment Group will undertake preliminary meetings with selected candidates during the week commencing 7th January 2019.
The Management Recruitment Group
Regal House 70 London Road Twickenham TW1 3QS Tel: 020 8892 0115 www.mrgpeople.co.uk
11Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs