Zucchini, Avocado, and Swiss Chard — Oh My!
A Guide to Eating Seasonally This July
When you eat something during its harvesting season, you get the most out of your meal. In-season fruits and vegetables are more nutrient-dense than their out-of-season counterparts, and there’s no matching the flavor profile of fresh, in-season produce. Even better, because in-season foods are so bountiful during their peak, you can save a lot of money by shopping with the season. This July, enjoy some tasty foods during their prime with this handy guide. season during July, joining many other fruity favorites. Gorge yourself on scrumptious blackberries, sweet strawberries, and bountiful tomatoes. Don’t forget about the cherries and blueberries, too! Because these fruits are so plentiful this time of the year, it’s easy to find ingredients for your favorite recipes. Host a Latin-inspired foods night with fresh guacamole and salsa, or make a delectable shortcake with a blackberry and strawberry mixture on top. GRILL GAME SO STRONG There’s no better time to fire up the grill than July, and not just because of the weather. Zucchini and corn reach their peak during July, and these grilling favorites pair well with steaks, burgers, hot dogs, or fish. Go low- carb by stuffing your zucchini with vegetables and a protein for a charred FRUITFUL HARVEST Avocado toast lovers rejoice! Your season is here. Avocados are in
skillet bowl. Even better, add some corn to your fresh salsa to add an extra zing to your tacos. Regardless of how you utilize them, zucchini and corn are sweetest, juiciest, and freshest during July. GO GREEN Filling your plate with plenty of greens is never easier than in July. Pick up a bundle of spinach, arugula, lettuce, Swiss chard, or any other leafy green, which are all juiciest and freshest during July. Cucumbers and green beans are bountiful this time of the year, as well. This July, add some fresh flavor to your water with cucumbers or create hearty salads with any of the leafy greens mentioned above. After all, there’s no better way to celebrate the middle of summer than by consuming its most delicious foods.
Juicy Lucy Sliders
Which member of the OJ Simpson defense team was disbarred from practicing law in 2001 by the Supreme Court of Florida?
2 lbs. ground chuck beef, 20% lean 8 slices melting cheese (like American, Swiss, Muenster, or cheddar)
Send your answers to Caitlyn (email@example.com).
16 small potato rolls, toasted
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. The first correct answer wins a $15 gift card to Starbucks.
Your favorite burger accompaniments
2. All other submissions are entered in a drawing to win a second $15 gift card to Starbucks.
1. Divide beef into 16 evenly sized balls. 2. Rip cheese into roughly equal pieces, creating 16 equal portions. 3. Using your index finger, create a small indentation in each ball. 4. Fill indention with cheese and pinch meat around to seal. Then gently
3. The funniest wrong answer will be chosen by Caitlyn and will also win a $15 gift card to Starbucks. All entries must be sent to Caitlyn by Friday, July 19, and the winners will be announced in our next edition.
form balls into 3/4-inch-thick patties. Season patties. 5. Meanwhile, heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high.
6. Lightly coat skillet with oil and cook patties in batches. Brown one side undisturbed, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until desired doneness, about 3 minutes for medium. 7. Serve on toasted potato rolls with your favorite accompaniments.
Last month’s winner: Michael Stephan
Inspired by Bon Appétit Magazine
www.SnellLaw.com | www.SnellInjuryLaw.com | F: 800-567-6249 | P: 803-753-1476 3
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter