Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
JONATHAN’S TRIP TO IRELAND
A few weeks ago one of our PTA’s Jonathan took a trip to Ireland. Here is a little peak into his amazing experience: “Our trip to Ireland was lots of fun. We stayed in Cork to visit our friends who are going there for their master’s program. There are lots of cool cathedral churches, forts, castles, and cool pubs in cobblestone alleys. Here are just a few places we explored: We went to the Blarney Castle and kissed the Blarney stone which gives you 7 years of luck and the gift of eloquence. Pretty cool. We also went to the Cliffs of Moher which has amazing views from over 700 feet above the ocean. Dublin was great taking a tour of the Guinness Brewery and having a pint of beer. We also made it over to Trinity College to see their amazing library with over 200,00 books and the Book of Kells. For 2 days we stayed in Amsterdam, Netherlands where we saw great art museums, the Anne Frank house, and took a canal tour. Another highlight was going to the Keukenhof tulip gardens which was very pretty. All in all it was a great trip and I highly recommend going to either country.”
FREE PHYSICAL THERAPY SCREENING
FREE Physical Therapy Screening. Call to schedule your appointment now!
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
INSIDE: • Simple Tips For Ache Relief • FREE Screening • Patient Success Spotlight • Healthy Recipe
We want to take a moment and talk candidly with you about the frustrations surrounding the billing situation over thepast fewmonths.Manyofyouhaveexpressed frustration by not receiving billing statements, return calls or answers to your billing questions in a timely manner. We agree the billing experience as of late has been unacceptable and we’re pleased to say we now have a solution. Our goal is to provide top-notch customerservice inallaspectsofourbusinessatPeak Motion… this includes billing. We appreciate all of your efforts to bring the shortcomings of our last billing agency to lightandapologize for the frustrations there. Effective May 6th, Peak Motion has switched billing companies! WebPT Billing will be taking over and managing billing services and questions for Peak Motion. We are excited to be able to provide a better, more seamless experience for all of you.
WebPTBillingutilizesadifferentsoftware thanwewere previously running and will be able to answer billing questions related toservicesoccurringonMay6,2019 or later.AccountMatters isa3rdPartyBillingCompany we have hired to assist us with this transition, and will be available to answer any and all billing questions related to dates of service prior to May 6, 2019. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the clinic or reach out to our billing company(ies) directly. We appreciate your patience, understanding and continued support.
I haven’t had knee and back pain for 2 weeks! "Before coming to Peak Motion I was having pain walking and going up and down stairs. It was also painful to sit for extended periods of time. Each week of PTmy pain improved.The Peak Motion staff were great about adjusting the routine each week and paying attention to my pain level. I haven’t had knee and back pain for 2 weeks and am looking forward to continuous improvement on my own. Thank you all so much.” - Rachel F. Patient Success SPOTLIGHT
• Peak Motion – 360.210.5440 • WebPT Billing - 800.478.2778 • Account Matters – 508.422.0233
SIMPLE TIPS FOR ACHE RELIEF
• Sleep! -This is probably the easiest step you can take to relieve common aches. Your body chemistry is delicate, and not getting enough sleep can affect that. This prevents your muscles and tissues from functioning as they normally would, resulting in stiffness, soreness, or achiness. • Stay hydrated - Drinking water is an important part of living a healthy, pain-free life. When you are dehydrated, your tissues become drier, which slows down normal chemical processes in your body. Your body is 70% water and your muscles are 80% water. When you don’t drink enough water, your body can become achy due to dryness. In order to stay hydrated, you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. • Maintain a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables - Fruits and vegetables with bright colors often have a higher concentration of antioxidants and vitamins. By keeping these a consistent part of your diet, you can better assist your body in both repairing itself from pain or injury, as well as providing a preventative. Fruits and vegetables help your body in maintaining its normal functions. • Exercise regularly - Exercise allows your body to efficiently pump blood around your body. When you exercise on a consistent basis, muscles and joints remain warm, lowering the possibility of them becoming tight. • Keep a good posture - Slouching causes stress on the shoulders and neck, which can cause pain or achiness. If you sit at a desk or computer, it is important to get up every 30 minutes for a few seconds to stretch. Moving around or simply standing up after a while is a great way to maintain a good posture, even if you don’t have a very active day.
• Get a physical therapy consultation - If your aches and pains are persistent and aren’t going away despite your best efforts, it may be time to consult a physical therapist. They will help you determine the best course of action for your specific needs. How physical therapy will help: A consultation with a physical therapist will allow you to address the issues that you’re facing. It is always better to figure out the cause of your pain early on, rather than waiting until it gets worse. The earlier you make an appointment, the easier the treatment will be. Your physical therapist will give you a muscle and joint evaluation to discover problem areas and determine exactly what may be causing your aches and pains. From there, they will create a personalized treatment plan for you that will help alleviate your aches. They are dedicated to your progress and genuinely want to see you feel better - so why wait? Say goodbye to your daily aches and pains with physical therapy today!
Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese &Herb Dressing
INGREDIENTS Blue Cheese & Herb Dressing • ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese • ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt • ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil • 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard • 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley • 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
• 1 medium clove garlic • ¼ tsp kosher salt • ¼ tsp ground pepper Salad • 6 heads lettuce • ½ cup crumbled blue cheese • 3 pieces bacon, cooked & crumbled • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
DIRECTIONS To prepare dressing: Place ¾ cup blue cheese, yogurt, oil, vinegar, mustard, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until almost smooth. To prepare salad: Cut each head of lettuce in half lengthwise and place on a large salad plate. Dollop 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each serving and top with more blue cheese, bacon and scallions. Serve with extra dressing on the side, if desired.
CALL TODAY! (360) 210-5440
DISCOVER HOW TO LIVE PAIN-FREE
At Peak Motion Physical Therapy, you will receive hands-on therapy treatments by our friendly, caring health experts during focused and individualized sessions.
More Patient Success
It’s time to get Peak Motion Physical Therapy if: • You’re tired of living in pain • You want to feel better and move better • You have been in an auto accident or injured on the job • You want to prevent injury
I am now running virtually pain-free!
1. Call and talk to your therapist 2. Discover why your pain has come back 3. Get your custom recovery program
“I’m a recreational runner and was having pain in my neck while running, to the point of inhibiting my ability to run at all. I am now running virtually pain-free, thanks to the people at Peak Motion.” - Howard R. www.mypeakmotion.com
Take Care of Your Aches and Pains Before It’s Too Late. Attention Pain Sufferers!
Do You Have Difficulty With Aches Or Pains?
• Decrease your pain • Increase your strength • Increase your activity level We can help:
• Increase your flexibility • Improve your health • Get back to living
Mention or Bring in This Coupon Today For a FREE Physical Therapy Screening
Call Today: 360-210-5440
Offer valid for thefirst25people to schedule. Expires 06-28-19.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - Online magazine maker