Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
FEBRUARY ISHEART HEALTHMONTH
1. Aim for lucky number seven. Young and middle-age adults who slept 7 hours a night have less calcium in their arteries (an early sign of heart disease) than those who sleep 5 hours or less or those who sleep 9 hours or more. 2. Keep the pressure off. Get your blood pressure checked every 3-5 years if you’re 18-39. If you’re 40 or older, or if you have high blood pressure, check it every year. 3. Move more. To keep it simple, you can aim for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week of moderate exercise. Even if you exercise for 30 minutes a day, being sedentary for the other 23 1/2 hours is really bad for your heart. 4. Slash saturated fats. To help your heart’s arteries, cut down on saturated fats, which are mainly found in meat and full-fat dairy products. Choose leaner cuts and reduced-fat options. 5. Find out if you have diabetes. Millions of people don’t know that they have this condition. That’s risky because over time, high blood sugar damages arteries and makes heart disease more likely.
6 BENEFITS OF GOOD POSTURE Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body Inside: “Don’t Let Pain Distract You At The Work Desk!”
• Poor Posture Contributes To Back Pain?
• Healthy Recipe
• Relieve Back Pain In Minutes
• Patient Success Spotlight
If you suffer from back or neck pain, poor posture could be to blame. Poor posture can be a serious danger to your health. If you have poor posture, your bones are not properly aligned, which increases strain on your muscles, joints and ligaments. Poor posture causes fatigue, muscularstrainandpain. Inaddition,poorposture can affect the position and function of your vital organs, such as your heart, lungs and intestines. Maintaining good posture can have a dramatic improvement on your back or neck pain, health, energy and the way you look and feel. Some of the perks of good posture include: 1. Constant exercise for your back and abdominals. Holding good posture takes effort andmakesyouuse themuscles inyourbackand abdomen properly.
2. It greatly improves your breathing. Good posture makes room for your lungs to function at their best – rather than being compressed when you hold your body in a slouch. Good lung function has a healthy impact on all aspects of your body’s functions and helps to reduce pain. 3. It protects your organs, bones, joints and muscles. Holding correct posture reduces unnecessary strain and pressure on these body parts. Most neck and back problems develop from poor posture over time. 4. It prevents arthritis. With poor posture, unnaturalpressure isplacedonyour joints, leading towearand tear.This in turncan lead toarthritis. Good posture gives your joints the chance to function at their best.
5.Ithelpsyouuseyourmusclesmoreefficiently. With your bones and joints in correct alignment, you are likely to feel more energetic since your body will require less energy to move about. 6. It can haveadramatic impact on theway you feel. When you hold yourself in good posture, rather than a slumped one, you send signals to your brain that makes you feel happier and more confident. Italsochangesthewaythatpeoplesee you–you’llappearmoreconfidentandassertive. Making simple changes in your daily habits can improve your posture and reduce your pain. PosturalrestorationatTotalCarePhysicalTherapy helps the body recruit the right muscles for the task at hand, improving pain restoring prior to function. Our experts have years of training in reducing back and neck pain associated from poor posture.
“You’re In Control Of How Much Pain Your Back Endures!” POOR POSTURE CONTRIBUTES TO BACK PAIN
When your spine is not in proper alignment, the muscles, ligaments and joints are all under excessive strain, causing most episodes of back pain. The lower back supports most of the weight of the body and therefore is the most vulnerable to the effects of poor posture. Discs,whichprovidesupportbetween thespinalbones (vertebrae),arealso affected from poor posture. However, with good posture, the spine is in properalignmentand theshockabsorbingdiscsarenotassubject to injury. Often with poor posture, the spine will become fixed in an abnormal position. This leads to the constriction of blood vessels and nerves over time.Furthermore, thiscausesproblemswith the joints,discsandmuscles. It is importanttotakecareofyourspine.Goodpostureeliminatesmanyofthe healthproblems thatcandevelopwhen thespinehasanunhealthyposture. Sinceyouperformmanydifferentmovementsandpositions throughout the day (sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lying down, etc.) it is important to learn how to keep correct posture. Maintaining good posture during the day results in less back pain. When you correct bad posture habits, the new and improved movements tend tobecomemoreautomaticand requirevery littleeffort tomaintain.At Total Care PhysicalTherapy we train you on the best way to attain and hold yourposture throughout theday.Wehelpyou relieveyourbackpainquickly while improving your posture for maximum, long term results!
Discover how our therapists can improve your posture and relieve your back or neck pain, allowing you to live a happy, active and pain-free life.
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
• 2 salmon fillets • Salt to taste • 1 tablespoon olive oil
INGREDIENTS • 1 lemon, thinly sliced • 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Arrange half the lemon slices in a single layer in a baking dish. Layer with 2 sprigs rosemary, and top with salmon fillets. Sprinkle salmon with salt, layer with remaining rosemary sprigs, and top with remaining lemon slices. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Patient Success Spotlight
Refer A Friend
Do You Have Friends Or Family Unable To Do The Following:
Who Do You Know That Needs Our Help? � Move without pain � Bend and move freely � Balance confidently & securely � Sit for long periods comfortably � Walk for long distances � Live an active and healthy lifestyle If you know someone suffering with aches and pains, give the gift of health! Just pass along this newsletter and have them call us directly to schedule an appointment. When they call have them mention your name to receive your gift card.
“I am still being rehabbed, but so far I am very excited with the results. Last fall, I suffered an accident effecting my lower back. I started inAprilwithTomandKristen. Ihavebecomemore functional, and I am off Tramadol! I would recommend Total Care.” - Linda S. I have become more functional!
• Cost Effective • Non-invasive • Safe & Natural • State-of-the-art Facility Features of Physical Therapy: DO YOU HAVE BACK PAIN?
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
Improves Overall Posture
WALL POSTURE Stand with your heels up against a wall. Attempt to get your heels, buttock, shoulders and head to touch the wall at the same time. Repeat 5 times.
Mention This Coupon To Receive A FREE BACK PAIN ANALYSIS
Call Today! 908-262-7404Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs