PETERBOROUGH 1500 Lansdowne St. West Peterborough, ON K9J 2A2
PORT HOPE 125 Toronto Rd. Port Hope, ON L1A 3S6 TEL: 905-885-0024 FAX: 905-885-0084 OSHAWA 1335 Benson Street Oshawa, ON L1K 0W6 TEL: 905-433-7675 FAX: 905-433-7858
COBOURG 727 William St. Cobourg, ON K9A 3A7 TEL: 905-373-7045 FAX: 905-373-7271 BOWMANVILLE 196 King St E Bowmanville, ON L1C 1P1
TEL: 705-270-0606 FAX: 705-270-0605
NEWSLETTER Health & Wellness Newsletter June, 2018
TEL: 905-233-4374 FAX: 905-248-5188
ALIGN YOURSELF WITH CHIROPRACTIC CARE!
We would like to welcome Dr.Blair to our team! Dr. Blair is a Doctor of Chiropractic, who has a special interest in sports rehabilitation and concussion diagnosis and treatment. With an extensive personal history in professional hockey, Dr. Blair uses various modalities to improve patient function and reduce pain. His treatment tools include Contemporary Medical Acupuncture, gait screening, chiropractic manipulation, sports nutrition and soft tissue techniques. The avid golfer will also benefit from consulting with Dr. Blair – Durham region’s only Certified Titleist Institute Medical Practitioner. Please feel free to come by and meet Dr.Blair. He is available in our Bowmanville and Cobourg clinic or book your assessment with him TODAY.
$37 CHIROPRACTIC CARE ASSESSMENT A thank you for choosing We-Fix-U for all your Health Care needs! Expires July 15th.
CONTACT US TODAY TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT!
STAND UP TO SCIATICA IMAGINE ENJOYING YOUR VACATION PAIN FREE! Do you experience pain in the buttock, leg, or even your foot? If so, you may be experiencing sciatica. Sciatica is a common form of back and leg pain that is often misunderstood by sufferers. People frequently have questions about what sciatica is, why it occurs and how to find relief from the intense pain it can cause from the low back down to the feet.
INSIDE: • Naturally Relieve Back Pain • Relieve Back Pain In Minutes • Healthy Recipe • Upcoming Free Presentations • We-Fix-U Practice News • Arthritis Solutions “GLAD Canada Program”
If you are suffering from sciatica, it is important to find its root cause. (continued inside)
OUR PROGRAMS & SERVICES
• Acupuncture • Concussion Program • Chiropractic Care • Dry Needling
• Foot Health (Chiropody) • Laser Therapy • Physiotherapy • Massage Therapy • Pool Therapy Program
STAND UP TO SCIATICA WE HAVE YOUR BACK WHEN IT COMES TO RELIEF! NEWSLETTER Health & Wellness Newsletter
Whether you have hurt your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing a physiotherapist, chiropractor or registered Massage therapist at We-Fix-U can help you return to a more active and pain-free life. Give us a call today:
Many people often think an x-ray or expensive MRI is first needed to figure out what is causing pain. Having a lot of tests doesn’t mean you will find its root cause. Recent studies show that nearly 1 million of MRIs done for sciatica fail to find a treatable cause. With a new imaging technique called magnetic resonance neurography, 69% of the patients were found to have a trapped sciatic nerve deep in the buttock by a muscle called the piriformis. It is known that in about 25% of the general population, the sciatic nerve pierces through the piriformis muscle and can be susceptible to abnormal pressure and irritation. Why Does Sciatica Occur? If there are changes in posture, muscle strength or pelvic alignment, the nerve can be compressed which leads to the quite common low back and sciatic nerve pains. The sciatic nerve is the longest and largest nerve in your body. It even reaches down to the foot and therefore, can be irritated anywhere along its path. With sciatica, the consequent ache can be felt anywhere from the base of the spine, the buttocks or the back of the thigh and legs. Even tingling sensations in the toes can be attributed at times to the impingement of the sciatic nerve.
• COBOURG (905) 373-7045 • PORT HOPE (905) 885-0024 • PETERBOROUGH (705) 270-0606 • BOWMANVILLE (905) 233-4374 • OSHAWA (905) 433-7675
Subscribe to receive our digital newsletters on our website today!
NATURALLY RELIEVE BACK PAIN
Bad Habits Can Increase Your Pain Some seemingly harmless habits can also contribute to the irritation of the sciatic nerve. A frequent bad habit is crossing of the legs for extended periods, which puts pressure on the nerve. In addition, sitting for long periods is bad for your spine. It is possible for you to prevent or relieve sciatica simply by improving your posture. Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, and Chiropody Relieves Sciatica The physiotherapists, chiropractors, and chiropodists at We-Fix-U plays a crucial role in evaluating and treating sciatica, as well as other common back problems. Our professionals have years of training to evaluate your back problem, finding the root cause of your sciatica. An individualized treatment plan is created to guide you through the recovery process and maximize your success. When coming to We-Fix-U, our friendly and knowledgeable therapists spend time with you. We train you on specific and easy exercises that will relieve the pain in your back and legs. In addition, our specialized hands-on therapy helps to gently loosen tight muscles and joints in your spine and legs. Your pain is quickly relieved and your flexibility restored, so you can feel like yourself again. Our cutting-edge treatments are doctor recommended and are specifically designed for you to reach your healthcare goals. Knowing all this should give you a headstart in warding off painful sciatica. After all, it may be as simple as learning to stand tall. Journal of neurosurgery:Spine Feb, 2005Volume 2,Number 2.AaronG. Filler,M.D.,Ph.D., JodeanHaynes,B.A., Sheldon E. Jordan,M.D.,JoshuaPrager,M.D.,J.PabloVillablanca,M.D.,KeyvanFarahani,Ph.D.,DuncanQ.Mcbride,M.D.,JayS.Tsuruda,
Call us today to schedule an appointment!
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
INGREDIENTS • 2 strips low-sodium bacon • 1/2 cup ice cubes • 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced • 1/2 cup buttermilk • 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream • 1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
ABDOMINAL BRACING Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on floor. Place your hands on the front of your pelvis and contract your deep core. Straighten one knee. Return foot to the starting position. Alternate legs one at a time. Repeat 10 times on both sides.
• Kosher salt & black pepper • 6 1/2 cups broccoli florets
• 1/3 cup golden raisins • 2 tbsp salted roasted sunflower seeds
INSTRUCTIONS Combine the ice cubes, onions and 1 cup water in a small bowl. Let the onions soak for 10 minutes while preparing the rest of the salad, then drain and pat dry. Cook the bacon in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings for the dressing. Finely chop the bacon strips and reserve. Whisk the buttermilk, sour cream, lemonzestand juice, reservedbacondrippings,3/4 teaspoonsaltandpepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, onions and golden raisins to the dressing.Toss well, cover and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Season with additional salt and pepper.Transfer toaservingdishand topwith thechoppedbaconandsunflowerseeds. Courtesy of: 2012 Television Food Network, G.P.
WE-FIX-U PRACTICE NEWS
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy! Pelvic Health Physiotherapy NOW available in our Oshawa Clinic! A Gift For All Fathers! Give the gift of health! Father’s Day Gift Certificates available for the “BEST DAD EVER!!” Win a FREE Massage! Did you know that if you wear your We-Fix-U T-shirt or bring your We- Fix-U water bottle or tote bag, that your name gets put in to receive a FREE MASSAGE? Draws will be done monthly at each clinic. Remember to bring your We-Fix-U paraphernalia to your next appointment to enter!
Now Booking! Call now to join the next program!
Upcoming FREE Presentations & Events
• Oshawa: Presentations: The do’s and don’ts of proper foot care for seniors Monday, June 18th at 10:15am. • Stop living with incontinence, learn how to gain control again. Monday, June 18th at 3pm. • Harmony Hill Auditorium, Presenter Delshad: Pelvic Health, How to eliminate incontinence and the benefits of Pelvic Health therapy. June 18th at 3pm. • Myths & Misconceptions of Chiropractic Care. Will it benefit you? Tuesday, June 19th at 10:30am. • How to prevent a fall. Easy exercises you must do. Thursday, June 21 at 10:30am. • Does massage therapy reduce pain, improve circulation and quality of life? Thursday, June 21st at 11am. • Bowmanville: Headaches Presentation: How to treat them without medication. Wednesday, June 27th at 7pm. RSVP by June 25th to Bowmanville@we-fix-u.com. • Presentation: Presenter Christina: How to care for Diabetic feet with greatest outcomes. July 10th, 7pm Register by July 6 to 905-233-4374 or Bowmanville@we-fix-u.com.
• Cobourg Clinic: Presenter Bala: How to achieve the best outcomes Post Hip and Knee Surgery. Benefits of the PRE-HAB Program. June 19th, 7pmRegister by June 15th to 905-373-7045 or Cobourg at we-fix-u.com. • Presentation: Presenter David Evans: How to lift without hurting your back. It’s not how you would think. September 11th, 7pm Register by September 7th to 905-373-7045 or Cobourg@we-fix-u.com. • Port Hope Clinic: Presenter Roger: Headaches: Causes and treatments (some you haven’t thought possible). Deconstructing myths August 15th, 7pm Register by August 13th to 905-885-0024 or PortHope at we-fix-u.com.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Annual report