Special Partnerships / Executive Development Programs
Links to Japanese Entities Thanks to IUJ's strong links to the business sector in Japan, our campus enjoys interactions with a diverse group of companies. This includes guest speakers in classes, Senior Executive Seminars, student coursework involving corporate-sponsored projects, special project- based internships, student sponsorship for our degree programs through scholarships, faculty research and consulting relationships, Since its opening, more than 900 employees and staff from over 170 companies and institutions have studied at the IUJ master's program and are active all over the world. Companies and organizations that send their employees to IUJ: As of September, 2020（. in alphabetical order） ・AEON Co., Ltd. ・Ajinomoto Co., Inc. ・East Japan Railway Company and class visits to corporate offices and plant sites. Students dispatched by corporations
graduate programs and for professional people who wish to immerse themselves in English in preparation for work assignments that involve substantial international English communication.
(for more information see page 24) -Global Leadership Program (GLP)
Corporations recognize that globalization in emerging markets is a major opportunity to be capitalized on as part of their growth strategies. There is a strong need in these corporations for competent global managers who can lead international business deployment. IUJ's Global Leadership Program (GLP) aims to respond to this critical need to develop and train such global managers. Links to the Public Sector Generous scholarship support is provided to IUJ students by the following valued partners to enhance the professional skills of people in emerging countries The Asian Development Bank (ADB) The International Monetary Fund (IMF) The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) The Nippon Foundation The World Bank Indonesian Government Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship Program Scholarship foundations in Japan ･AEON 1% Club ･The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation(KMMF) ･The Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship Foundation ･Sojits Foundation Cooperation with universities and institutions in Japan and overseas We have concluded an agreement on collaborative cooperation with Nagaoka University of Technology, Juntendo University and JICA. We also have been creating linkage programs with overseas-af f iliated Indonesian, Mongolian and Chinese universities, etc.
・The Hiroshima Bank, Ltd. ・Hiroshima Gas Co., Ltd. ・Honda Motor Co., Ltd. ・JFE Shoji Trade Corporation ・Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd. ・Tohoku Electric Power Co., Inc. ・Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd. Executive Development programs
In addition to regular programs (master's and doctoral courses), IUJ also utilizes its international environment with English as the official language within the university to provide various training programs to companies and institutions that see globalization as an opportunity for growth strategy. We also offer customized training as requested. -Summer Intensive English Program (IEP) IUJ ’s Intensive Engl ish Program (IEP) provides intermediate- to advanced-level English training for students who intend to enter IUJ’s
Global Partnership Program
IUJ has launched a “Global Partnership Program” with major corporations in Japan having signed a Memorandum of Agreement
List of IUJ’s Global Partnership Companies
As of August, 2020
1. Accenture Japan Ltd. 2. AEON Co., Ltd. 3. All Nippon Airways, Co., Ltd. 4. Astellas Pharma, Inc. 5. CAC Corporation 6. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD. 7. COSMO Energy Holdings Co., Ltd. 8. DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED 9. Development Bank of Japan Inc.
20. Japan Exchange Group, Inc. 21. Japan Tobacco Inc. 22. JFE Holdings, Inc. 23. Kao Corporation 24. Komatsu Ltd. 25. LIXIL Corporation
38. ORIX Corporation 39. Panasonic Corporation 40. PERSOL CAREER CO., LTD. 41. Pfizer Japan Inc. 42. Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd.
43. SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation 44. SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. 45. Sojitz Corporation 46. Sumitomo Corporation 47. Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation 48. Suntory Holdings Limited. 49. SWCC SHOWA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. 50. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. 51. TEIJIN LIMITED 52. TERUMO CORPORATION, Japan 53. Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc. 54. TOKYO ELECTRON LIMITED 55. YAMATO TRANSPORT CO., LTD. 56. YOKOGAWA Electric Corporation
26. Marubeni Corporation 27. Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd. 28. Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation 29. Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corporation 30. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. 31. MITSUI & CO., LTD. 32. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. 33. Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. 34. NAMICS Corporation 35. NIKON CORPORATION 36. Nippon Life Insurance Company 37. NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
10. East Japan Railway Company 11. Ernst & Young ShinNihon LLC 12. FAST RETAILING CO., LTD. 13. Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. 14. FUJITSU LIMITED 15. GE Japan Corporation 16. H.I.S. Co., Ltd. 17. Hitachi, Ltd. 18. HOUSE FOODS GROUP INC. 19. IBM Japan, Ltd.
Notes:・IUJ has an MOU with one other anonymous company. ・Niigata Prefectural Government has signed a "Letter of Agreement for Collaboration".
Since its establishment in 1991, GLOCOM has been maintaining the focus on interdisciplinary Japanese studies with the research into the issues of information society based on the development and dissemination of Information-Communication Technology (ICT) at the center of its activities. GLOCOM constantly aim at being a leading institute examining new social trends, acting as an intellectual hub for industry, government, academia and civilian organizations. Center for Global Communications (GLOCOM) 25 Special Partnerships / Executive Development Programs
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog