Matthew Burgess, Principal of Gloucestershire College, Kim Boskett, SWandL and Andy Richards, SWandL.
Sophie Burch, Business Consultant at Gloucestershire College.
to pay for training. If you don’t, you will only be required to pay 10 per cent of the training costs. The government will pick up the remaining 90 per cent.We can explain all of that.” The college can help find and vet possible apprentices, interviewing candidates to save businesses time before delivering them more practical shortlists to work with. It will even advertise your vacancies. Matthew Burgess, principal of the college, which is also based in Cheltenham and at its new multi-million- pound Cinderford campus, said: “There is a lot of work that goes into understanding the business and type of people that are right for that company, then a lot of filtering to make sure the right candidates are chosen so their business can grow. “We also offer help and support during the programmes. We are very proud that our programmes are about practical skills for the workplace, rather than purely academic.” Mark Owen, managing director of Moose Marketing
and PR and the publishers of Punchline-Gloucester.com, said: “We have had five apprentices through the college and have really enjoyed working with the college on its apprenticeship programme. “What I really like is that the tutor visits our apprentices and assesses their work, giving me feedback and highlighting any problems or offering solutions. It feels like a team effort. “And without a doubt our apprentices have played a major role in helping Moose and Punchline grow over the years.” The GC Business Hub also offers professional training in accounting (AAT), HR (CIPD), IT (BCS), Cyber Security (BCS), Leadership and Management (CMI) and Marketing (CIM) l Visit www.gloscol.ac.uk/professional-training or telephone 01452 563400
fication at Gloucestershire College r new and existing employees fessional-training
December 2018 | www. punchline-gloucester .com | 35
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs