12 STEPS FOR RELIEVING ARTHRITIC PAINS AT HOME
Treatment plans for arthritis cases are aimed at relieving pain and decreasing the amount of inflammation, stiffness, and overall stress placed on the joint(s). However, there are also some steps you can take on your own to make sure your daily life is as pain-free as possible:
1. Stretch multiple times a day.
2. Alternate between weight bearing and non-weight bearing exercises.
3. Use tools that make it easier on your joints, such as large handled can openers and large grips on kitchen tools. 4. Carry grocery bags on your forearms, instead of straining the joints in your fingers. 5. Have commonly-used items within easy reach to avoid squatting, kneeling, or having to reach high overhead. 6. Get up and move often. Don’t sit for more than 30 minutes without getting up for a break.
11. Avoid fried foods, sodas, and other items that increase inflammation in your body. 12. Work with your physical therapist to create a treatment plan and update it with a yearly check-up. If you are living with joint pain, call us today to learn more about our arthritis treatment programs. We recommend a yearly physical therapy check-up to ensure you are performing at your best. Find relief for your arthritic pains today with Total Care Physical Therapy!
7. Avoid prolonged kneeling.
8. Maintain proper posture when sitting and standing.
9. Drink plenty of water.
10. Eat nutritious foods.
Healthy Recipe: Sweet & Sour Cauliflower
INGREDIENTS • 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
• 2 tbsp soy sauce • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp garlic powder • 1/2 tsp onion salt • 1/4 cup ketchup • 1 tbsp cornstarch • 2 tbsp cold water
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil • 1/3 cup corn starch
• 3-4 cups steamed rice, for serving • thinly sliced green onions for garnish • 3/4 cup sugar DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet. Combine cauliflower and oil in a large ziplock bag. Seal and shake to coat cauliflower in the oil. Open the bag, add corn starch, seal bag, and toss to coat again. Transfer coated cauliflower to a greased pan. Bake for 15-20 min until cauliflower starts to brown on the bottoms. Switch oven to broil and cook on high for 3-4 minutes just until tops start to brown.
While cauliflower is cooking, prepare the sauce by adding sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion salt, and ketchup in a medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Whisk together the corn starch and cold water in a small bowl until dissolved. Add to sauce pan and stir until thickened, then reduce to low heat. Combine roasted cauliflower and sauce. Serve with steamed rice and top with sliced green onions. https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/baked-sweet-sour-cauliflower/
Made with FlippingBook - Online magazine maker