Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
JAMIE HAYDEN, OWNER, PRESIDENT, PT Getting To Know The Hayden Physical Therapy Team
Jamie has been involved in physical t he rap y s i nce the early 1990’s. Jamie is an Indiana University Graduate and graduated in
involved in the community and surrounding communities in a variety of ways. Jamie has attended numerous continuing education courses over 21 years of clinical practice and patient care. Jamie is certified in Graston and has treated a multitude of diagnosis to include: TKR,THR, ACL reconstructions, MMR, MCL and LCL sprains, PFS, chondromalacia, postural and muscular deficits, balance issues, early- stage Parkinson disease, all tendonitis, and bursitis. Jamie and HPT are committed to using therapeutic excellence to provide the most exceptional care for every patient we see to achieve their desired functional goals and outcomes. Jamie L. Hayden P.T. President/Owner
the top of his physical therapy class. Early in Jamie’s career, he worked with his state representative on getting direct access for physical therapy in Indiana. Jamie is married, has two daughters and is a member of Mount Pleasant Christian Church. Jamie opened his first outpatient orthopedic company in 1997. Eventually building it to multiple-facility operations before selling it to his partners in 2001. Jamie then opened Hayden Physical Therapy, P.C. in 2002 where he continues to practice to this day. Jamie and his company are
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
OVERCOME BACKPAIN&GETMOVINGAGAIN! Is Back Pain Slowing You Down?
INSIDE: • How To Take Care Of Your Back • Healthy Recipe • Patient Success Spotlights • Back Pain Workshop
• Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles.
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal, joint, and possibly nerve damage. Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints that people suffer from and more than 80% of the U.S. population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you downright irritable and affect others around you. Why Do I Have Back Pain? Back pain occurs for a number of reasons, but has a few simple root causes: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk. • Poor posture and strain on the spine from slouched sitting. • Repetitive injury to muscles around the spine from improper lifting. • Limited flexibility of the spine, hips, and muscles of the thighs.
Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continue to suffer from a nagging ache or pain in their back. They may even feel symptoms travel to the buttocks and legs. Many people think that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. However, medication mostly masks the pain and does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Solutions to Back Pain. Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated to get you out of pain quickly and back to the activities you love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our physical therapists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK
1. Keep a Good Posture When you are standing, imagine a string through the top of your head lifting you straight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine, and hips in natural alignment. While sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shoulders should not slouch when sitting. Avoid soft couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up something light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure you always face what you need to pick up, squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles.This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine. 3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. By keeping your body flexible, the normal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused on a few segments, which can then fail. An easy stretching routine every day can keep you feeling great and put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong You have hundreds of muscles, which control the movement of your spine. Major muscles that support the spine are called your core and include your abdominal, pelvis, spinal and hip muscles. By keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more.
5. Physical Therapy Our Physical Therapists are medical experts in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check-up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyze your problem and construct a treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises, we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain .
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
INGREDIENTS • 2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats • ½ cup of ground flax seed • 1 tablespoon of black chia seeds • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon • ½ cup of raw honey • ½ cup of peanut butter • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder • ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
SUPPORTED BRIDGE Lie on your back with knees bent and feet hip distance apart. Place your feet close enough so they can be touched by the finger tips. Inhale and lift the hips, place a block under the sacrum. Keep the chest open. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat 10 times. Strengthens Core www.simpleset.net
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Add rolled oats, ground flax seed, chia seeds, cinnamon, honey, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and vanilla protein powder to food processor. 2. Pulse until ingredients are blended (about 7-9 times). 3. Add mixture to a large bowl, add in chocolate chip. Stir to combine. 4. Form energy bite mixture into 1” balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. 5. Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours. 6. Serve! Author: Krista@https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/no-bake-chocolate-peanut-butter-energy-balls/
CALL TODAY! 317.881.0101
Patient Success Spotlights
“When I first called Hayden Physical Therapy, I thought, “this will be a waste of time.” My doctor had prescribed physical therapy for my right shoulder that seemed to freeze up overnight, making everyday tasks difficult. Through my therapist’s constant encouragement and wise use of exercises, stretches, pulleys, and ultrasound, my shoulder loosened and gently healed. Soon a trust relationship was built. After 10 years with whiplash, two knee surgeries and a left shoulder becoming frozen, Hayden PT might call me “a frequent flyer,” but I call them “miracle workers.” - Joyce L. My shoulder loosened and gently healed. “Hayden Physical Therapy has played an important role in my life and in the last 4 years, I have used their services twice. Once after an open-heart surgery and the other after a severe fall in which I experienced multiple injuries. Their therapist worked with me both times and they helped me to quickly recover and regain my strength. They also worked in reducing my pain and helped to bring me back into living a normal lifestyle. They were understanding in how I felt and worked hard to help me quickly recover. I am very happy with them and that is why I returned the second time to use their services.Their staff is professional, well trained and knowledgeable. I feel that they care about their patients. I trusted that they would do the right things to help me. I would recommend them to anyone needing professional physical therapy.” - Joe S. Their staff is professional, well trained and knowledgeable.
Center Grove High School Greenwood, Indiana Saturday, April 21st, 2018 We hope you can join us while we participate at this year’s Rock The Block Walk & Run! Early Registration is $25 until March 31st. Then $30 April 1st - April 20th. Cut off for recieving a T-shirt is April 11th.Register as an individual or as a group of 3 or more.
Attention Back Pain Sufferers!
FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION
Back Pain/Sciatica Workshop BRING A FRIEND! May 12th @ 10:00am
Offer valid for the first 20 people to schedule. Expires 04-30-18 586 S. State Road 135, Suite E Greenwood, Indiana 46142 (317) 881-0101 CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY!
• Decrease your pain • Increase your strength • Increase your activity level
• Increase your flexibility • Improve your health • Get back to living
(317) 881-0101 Register Today!Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker