Dr. Kourosh Maddahi Dentistry JULY 2018

An t i - Ag i ng DENTISTRY MONTHLY NEWS

JULY 2018

Introducing Infinity Veneers

THE LATEST IN SMILE TECHNOLOGY

This summer, I am thrilled to announce an exciting new approach to veneers: Infinity Veneers. I have been a dentist for 31 years. In that time, I have seen many different treatments and techniques used to restore my patients’ teeth. I have seen approaches to tooth restoration that left me — not to mention my patients — less than impressed. Many dentists, even today, rely on techniques that are simply outdated. Over the course of my career, I have always asked how to improve existing techniques that were falling short of my expectations. That is to say, not all veneers are created equal. Far from it, in fact. Veneers first gained popularity in the mid-1980s. They became a conservative way to restore teeth without replacing an entire tooth. Instead, the tooth is carefully ground down by about 20 percent, and a porcelain façade is placed over the remaining 80 percent of the tooth, effectively hiding most, if not all, of the tooth. The porcelain is bonded to the tooth using a special cement. This makes veneers an ideal solution to fix chipped, cracked, or highly- discolored teeth. They can also be used to correct minor alignment issues. While veneers can correct these issues, over long periods of time, the cement used by many dentists will discolor. To add to this problem, as the years go by, the discoloration of the cement can impact the color of the veneer itself. When I learned this, I began to look into different cement options to find a formula that would keep a consistent color with the color of the veneer. I also wanted to know what kind of porcelain I could use to keep the color the same over time. The challenge didn’t end there. Over the last decade, more and more people are consuming higher amounts of beverages that stain teeth. These include teas, coffees, red wine, dark berry juice, and others. Many people drink two or more cups of coffee a day, and many have a glass of wine with dinner. Over time, organic compounds in these beverages will discolor teeth.

Taking that into consideration, I also needed to find a varnish that would resist stains and protect the veneer, the cement, and the enamel. This partially led to the development of the Oral Essentials line of products. I wanted toothpaste, mouthwash, and teeth whitening strips that were safe for enamel and porcelain. I wanted to give patients an effective way to control staining on a daily basis, and that’s what the line ultimately delivered. To bring it all together, our new Infinity Veneers are the result of finding solutions to all of these issues. Infinity Veneers look extraordinary; they are made all the better by a cement that does not discolor and finished with a varnish that does not stain. Couple Infinity Veneers with Oral Essentials and you will be left with a beautiful smile for many years to come. A new era in smiles is about to begin!

-Dr. Maddahi

1

www.drmaddahi.com

Published by The Newsletter Pro • www.NewsletterPro.com

Made with <A HREF="https://flippingbook.com/" TITLE="Learn about FlippingBook Software">FlippingBook</A> - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online