NEWSLETTER Alta-Sask Wellness Rehab • Medical • Occupational • Training
Andrea Helping people is what I love to do. This fueled my passion to become a physiotherapist. When I first graduated, I returned to my home town of Lloydminster and I worked at the hospital and homecare for a couple of years. I was then pulled back to the “big city” and worked for a big corporation to learn how to treat more complicated problems. Once I had that mastered, I knew that I needed to return to my home community and bring these advanced skills back to Lloydminster. I started and have been working with fantastic clients and staff at Alta-Sask Wellness for the past 17 years. Now I get to help patients and staff and community alike. Continuing education has always been a priority and I strive to increase my knowledge, skills and abilities on an ongoing basis. Among the many courses and certifications that I have completed are a Diploma in Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy and Dry Needling certification. “Helping people is what I love to do.”
Finding the Source &PainRelief From Your Back Pain HowShould I Take CareOfMy Back? AHelpful Quick Exercise ToRelieve Back Pain InMinutes FreeDownload
Outside of work, I enjoy volleyball, rowing, tennis and other outdoor activities. I am always keen to travel to new places and spend any free time with family and friends. At Alta-Sask Wellness, with our very skilled and experienced team of knowledgeable therapists and support staff you receive top notch care for all of your wellness needs.
Alta-Sask Wellness Rehab • Medical • Occupational • Training
FindingtheSource&PainReliefFromYourBackPain HowShouldITakeCareOfMyBack? AHelpfulQuickExerciseToRelieveBackPainInMinutes FreeDownload
“Will I Ever Work Again Without Aching Back Pain?” FINDING THE SOURCE & PAIN RELIEF FROM YOUR BACK PAIN
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal joint and possibly nerve damage. Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints that people suffer from and more than 80% of the US population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you down right irritable and affect others around you. Why do I have Back Pain? Back pain occurs for a number of reasons, but has a few simple root causes: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk • Poor posture and strain on the spine with slouched sitting • Repetitive injury to muscles and tissues around the spine with poor lifting • Limited flexibility of the spine, hips and muscles of the thighs • Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continue to suffer with a nagging ache or pain in their back. They may even feel symptoms travel to the buttocks and legs. Many people feel that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. However, medication mostly masks the pain and does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Solutions to Back Pain Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated to get you out of pain quickly and back to the activities you love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our physiotherapists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
Physiotherapy is a health care profession directed at evaluating, restoring and maintaining physical function. Physiotherapists provide valuable health care for people throughout their life — from
birth to old age. For instance physiotherapists can: treat and alleviate muscle, bone and joint pain, restore and increase range of motion and increase muscle strength, treat and prevent sport injuries, spinal problems or treat injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident, at work or at play and various other orthopaedic and neurological conditions, counsel and educate in pre- and post-natal care, design user-friendly homes and workplaces, educate clients in the use of devices such as canes, crutches and wheelchairs, help injured individuals return to work successfully.
*Physiotherapy is offered at our Lloydminster, Cold Lake and Meadow Lake locations.
“HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OFMY BACK?”
1. Keep a Good Posture When you are standing, imagine a string through the top of your head lifting you straight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine and hips in natural alignment. With sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shoulders should not slouch when sitting. Avoid soft couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up something light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure youalways facewhatyouneed topickup,squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles. This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine.
3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. Bykeepingyourbodyflexible, thenormal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused onto a few segments, which can then fail. An easy stretching routine everyday can keep you feeling great and put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong You have hundreds of muscles, which control the movement of your spine. Major muscles that support the spine are called your core muscles and include your abdominal, pelvis, spinal and hip muscles. By keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more.
5. Physiotherapy Our physiotherapists are trained in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyzeyourproblemandconstructa treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. CallToday!
Sudoku Puzzle The objective is to fill a 9x9 grid so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3x3 boxes (also called blocks or regions) contains the digits from 1 to 9. A cell is the smallest block in the game. A row, column and region consists of 9 cells and the whole game consists of 81 cells. Print sudoku http://1sudoku.com
Healthy Recipe: SKILLET CHICKEN & PARM PAELLA
INGREDIENTS • 4 teaspoons canola oil • 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size strips • 1 small red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips • 1 small green sweet pepper, cut into bite- size strips • 1 medium onion, chopped • 2 garlic, minced • 1 14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes • 3/4 cup peas • 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed • 1/2 teaspoon paprika • 1/4 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper • 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper • 1/8 teaspoon ground saffron/ground turmeric
DIRECTIONS In a large skillet heat half of the oil. Cook chicken strips in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Set aside. Add remaining half of the oil to the skillet. Add sweet pepper, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until peppers and onion are tender. Add undrained stewed tomatoes, frozen peas, oregano, paprika, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and saffron or turmeric. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the brown rice, shrimp, and cooked chicken. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 4 servings (1-1/2 cups each). 4 8 2 6 5 1 2 8 3 6 2 7 1 4 4 6 5 7 1 5 7 8 6 4 7 9 1 4 8 3 9 5 8 http://1sudoku.com
3 8 6
3 2 6 7 4
7 9 5 1 3
6 3 8
• 2 cups cooked brown rice • 6 ounces peeled shrimp
n° 119362 - Level Easy
n° 110504 - Level Easy
We can help you relieve your pain naturally! We can help you: Does your back pain keep you from the activities you love?
• Have More Energy • Avoid Injury • Feel Better
• Get Back To Life • Work Without Pain • Alleviate Pain Naturally
BACK PAIN ANALYSIS
Patient Success Spotlight
“I amnot afraid to run!” “Before I started PT I had major hip pains and substantial arch in my lower back. Running was painful and if I turned wrong I would get crippling pain through my hip. I knew the PT was working when my husband told me I didn’t look like a question mark anymore. My lower back arch is gone. Now I am not afraid to run or bend over. I initially came in for acupuncture, but received a treatment that will give me long term relief. I would recommend Alta-Sask to anyone who wants more than a temporary relief for their pain. I love that I have exercises I can do at home to keep myself going in the right direction.” -A.W.
Free Mobile Download Get Easy Relief For Your Pain With A Simple Click... Start Feeling Your Best Now Call To Schedule Today! Call Today! 1-877-875-0080 Alta-Sask Wellness Rehab •Medical •Occupational •Training
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
LOWER TRUNK ROTATIONS Lying on your back with your knees bent, gently rock your knees side-to-side. Repeat 8 times on both sides. Loosens Low Back www.simpleset.net
Do you or someone you know have back or neck pain? As a current or past patient you have access to this valuable information, at your fingertips. Start feeling better today in the privacy of your home. Go to www.spinebook.net/ alta-saskwellnes for your free download. This is the easiest way to get this information to our patients. Download and share with friends and family today!
Download at: www.spinebook.net/alta-saskwellnessPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online