Civil Ceremonies in Worcestershire

Address • valid UK driving licence (full or provisional) showing your current address • utility bill - gas, electric, water, broadband or landline bill dated no more than three months before the date of your appointment. We can only accept printed copies of your electronic bills • bank or building society statement dated no more than one month before the date of your appointment. We can only accept printed copies of your electronic statement • council tax or mortgage statement dated no more than one year before the date of the appointment. We can only accept printed copies of your electronic statement Proof of marital status (if you have been previously married or formed a civil partnership) • divorced in the UK - an original court stamped copy of your decree absolute/final order/civil partnership dissolution. If you have reverted to your maiden name you must provide your marriage certificate. We can only accept printed copies of your electronic decree absolute/final order/civil partnership dissolution with the covering letter/email. • divorced anywhere else - If your divorce was not granted in a UK court, you will be required to pay a fee at the time of your appointment for consideration of the validity of the documentation; this fee does not guarantee that the document will be approved Some divorces/dissolutions can be approved at your Notice appointment for a fee of £50.00*. However, in many cases the documentation will need to be sent off to be considered by the General Register Office for a fee of £75.00**. • former spouse/civil partner has died; you will need to provide a copy of their death certificate; if you are not named as spouse on the death certificate, you will also need to produce your marriage certificate • you must provide a translation of any documents (if not already in English) at the time of giving Notice How much will the notice cost? There are statutory fees for giving Notice which is either £35.00 per person or, if referred to Home Office Immigration, £47.00 per person. * Consideration by a Superintendent Registrar of a divorce/ final order/civil partnership dissolution obtained outside England and Wales - £50.00. ** Consideration by the Registrar General of a divorce/civil partnership dissolution obtained outside England and Wales - £75.00. We are unable to determine which fee will be payable, until you provide the documentation at your appointment. You

must also provide a translation of the document (if applicable) at the time of giving Notice. Marrying or forming a civil partnership in a church If you are planning on a Marriage or a Civil Partnership in a Church (other than the Church of England) at least one of the parties to the marriage must live in the district of the church or it must be their usual place of worship. Ceremonies in places of religious worship For all religious weddings you will need to contact the priest, minister or other religious representative to obtain agreement for your Marriage or Civil Partnership to be conducted in their place of worship. For Marriages in the Church of England, banns should be called during the three months before your marriage. This should be arranged by the vicar. There is generally no need to involve the local Registration Service and Notice of Marriage is not normally required. However if you are a foreign national you may be required by the vicar to give Notice of Marriage at your local Register Office. If this is the case we will also require a letter from the vicar to explain why bands cannot be read. If you are in any doubt, please speak to a member of the Registration Team. For churches of other denominations after making your booking with the priest or minister, you will need to contact the Registration Service to arrange for a Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership to be be given by each party in the district in which you live. Marriage or civil partnership abroad Ask the overseas authority if you need a ‘Certificate of No Impediment’. If you are planning to marry abroad in a commonwealth country we can no longer issue ‘Certificates of No Impediment’. We suggest you check the UK Government website on Marriage and Civil Partnerships abroad for up to date advice and information - We cannot advise on what documentation is required for a marriage abroad - the onus will be on you to liase with the local authorities in the country where you wish your marriage to take place. The above legal requirements were correct at time of printing. These are subject to change and Registration Services staff will advise at time of booking your appointment. Please also check the partnerships for the up to date legal requirements.


Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker