Civil Ceremonies in Worcestershire

Please note that the commemorative certificates cannot be used for any legal or statutory purpose. Please see our website for how to order and further information. Adult deed poll service We are able to offer a change of name service. You must be 16 years or over. The change of name deeds we issue are as legally valid as un-enrolled deeds issued by solicitors in England and Wales. We will store your Deed Poll in our secure vault and provide extra copies on request. For further information and a list of our fees please visit our website change-name-deed-poll. Please note: A Deed Poll cannot be used to change your birth certificate, marriage certificate or decree absolute. It is also not possible to get permanent records such as past educational certificates changed because these are a “matter of fact” in that they were in the correct name when issued. They should be used in conjunction with your birth/ marriage certificate or Decree Absolute. You will be advised as to which documents you will need to bring to your appointment. All documents must be originals and not photocopies. Please refer to our website for information regarding exclusions, restrictions, occasions when a change of name is required e.g. following Marriage or Civil Partnership. Foreign pension: proof of life and residence If you are receiving a pension from a foreign country, we can provide a stamp to confirm your life and residence in the United Kingdom. Please contact us on 01905 768181 to book an appointment at one of our offices in Worcestershire. Please note that we are not able to advise you on how to complete your form. Passport form certification (PD2) If you are getting married or forming a civil partnership and wish to travel on your honeymoon in your married name, you can complete a PD2 form and send it, with your current passport, in order to apply for a new passport in your married name. You can apply for your new passport in your new name up to 3 months prior to the date of the marriage. The passport will be postdated to the date of the marriage and cannot be used for travel beforehand. For information on our current fees please visit our website www.worcestershire.

Other services Citizenship ceremonies

Citizenship ceremonies are the final stage in granting British citizenship to foreign nationals and to welcome them into the community. After successfully completing the application process, adults (over 18 years) are required to attend a ceremony at which they will swear or affirm an oath to observe the laws of this country and to pledge their allegiance to the King. Our ceremonies are very much a “family affair”. Citizens are welcome to invite guests to support and help them celebrate such a special occasion. Children are also welcome to take part. Ceremonies take place at County Hall involving small groups of citizens. Alternatively, a private ceremony in one of our Registration Offices across Worcestershire can be arranged for which a further fee is payable. Copy certificates Worcestershire holds Registers dating back to 1 st July 1837. We are able to provide you with a certified copy of the original entry. Certificates can be ordered directly via our website Please see our website for further information. Commemorative certificates We are able to provide commemorative certificates for all special occasions for events which occurred in Worcestershire – the birth of a baby, a special birthday, marriage or civil partnership and anniversaries e.g. silver, golden. Whether you are getting married or entering a civil partnership a commemorative certificate is a lovely memento of your special occasion. They come in a standard A4 framing size and would make an ideal keepsake or a perfect gift to celebrate an event.


Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker