COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE OPEN! N E W S L E T T E R MALVERN Physical Therapy
INSIDE: • COVID-19 Update: We Are Open! • Your Simple Tips For Pain Relief
• Coupon Corner! • What Are These Services
N E W S L E T T E R MALVERN Physical Therapy
INSIDE: • Your Simple Tips For Pain Relief • What Are These Services • Coupon Corner! • Exercise Essentials COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE OPEN!
At this time, we remain open and our programs are running as scheduled
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we want to reassure you that the health and safety of our customers and staff is our priority. We continue to follow the latest CDC and World Health Organization Guidelines. We are doing our best to minimize your risk for COVID-19 as well as all other viruses. We continue to maintain a clean clinic through vigilant cleaning of all surfaces, frequent hand washing practice and screening those who come through our door that they are healthy to minimize your risk for exposure.
We wanted to take a minute to let you know about some of the services we are offering to help.
• Isolated Physical Therapy
MALVERN Physical Therapy • TeleHealth
• Homebased Physical Therapy
YOUR SIMPLE TIPS FOR PAIN RELIEF
• Sleep! - This is probably the easiest step you can take to relieve common aches. Your body chemistry is delicate, and not getting enough sleep can affect that. This prevents your muscles and tissues from functioning as they normally would, resulting in stiffness, soreness, or achiness. • Stay hydrated - Drinking water is an important part of living a healthy, pain-free life. When you are dehydrated, your tissues become drier, which slows down normal chemical processes in your body. Your body is 70% water and your muscles are 80% water. When you don’t drink enough water, your body can become achy due to dryness. In order to stay hydrated, you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. • Maintain a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables - Fruits and vegetables with bright colors often have a higher concentration of antioxidants and vitamins. By keeping these a consistent part of your diet, you can better assist your body in both repairing itself from pain or injury, as well as providing a preventative. Fruits and vegetables help your body in maintaining its normal functions. • Exercise regularly - Exercise allows your body to efficiently pump blood around your body. When you exercise on a consistent basis, muscles and joints remain warm, lowering the possibility of them becoming tight.
• Keep a good posture - Slouching causes stress on the shoulders and neck, which can cause pain or achiness. If you sit at a desk or computer, it is important to get up every 30 minutes for a few seconds to stretch. Moving around or simply standing up after a while is a great way to maintain a good posture, even if you don’t have a very active day. • Get a physical therapy consultation - If your aches and pains are persistent and aren’t going away despite your best efforts, it may be time to consult a physical therapist. They will help you determine the best course of action for your specific needs. How physical therapy will help: A consultation with a physical therapist will allow you to address the issues that you’re facing. It is always better to figure out the cause of your pain early on, rather than waiting until it gets worse. The earlier you make an appointment, the easier the treatment will be. Your physical therapist will give you a muscle and joint evaluation to discover problem areas and determine exactly what may be causing your aches and pains. From there, they will create a personalized treatment plan for you that will help alleviate your aches. Say goodbye to your daily aches and pains with physical therapy today!
MALVERN Physical Therapy
EXERCISE ESSENTIALS Helps Relieve Neck Pain www.simpleset.net CERVICAL RETRACTION Stand with your back against a wall. Position a rolled up towel behind your neck. Tuck chin like you are nodding ‘yes’. Draw your chin closer to the back of your throat. Repeat 3 times.
CHICKEN POT PIE
• 1/2 tsp dried thyme • 3/4 cup milk • 3T corn starch Topping • 3/4 cup Bisquick • 1/2 cup milk • 1 egg • 2T melted butter • 1T chopped parsley
• 2T of Butter • 1 Med. Onion • 1 Bag 12oz mixed vegetable • 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken cut up • 1 3/4 cup chicken broth • 1 tsp salt
Heat ove to 350 degrés, in 3 quart saucepan milt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cook stirring frequently until tender. Stir in veg, chicken, chicken broth, salt and thyme. Heat to boiling. In small bowl mix 3/4 cups milk and cornstarch with whisk until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Heat just to boiling. Pour into uncreased 2-quart casserole dish. Mix all topping ingredients with fork until blended. Drop by small spoonfuls over chicken mixture, sprinkle with parsley and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
What Are These Services
Patient Success Spotlight
ISOLATED PHYSICAL THERAPY This service allows us to treat you in our clinic. You will be the only patient in the clinic at the time of your appointment as to cut down on interaction with the public. This is a great option for those who are a High Risk Health Patient or have family members that may be considered High Risk Health Patients. TELEHEALTH This service allows us to provide consultations, assessment, follow ups and coaching to our patients by using your computer or phone. HOMEBASED PHYSICAL THERAPY This service allows for a Physical Therapist to come to your home to help you with your PT needs.
MALVERN Physical Therapy
“Thank you so much!”
“Everyone, and I mean everyone here is friendly, accommodating, and attentive to making sure my therapy sessions were filled with only the best of care and expertise to get me back to 100% in the shortest time possible. Thank you so much!” - John R.
PRACTICE NEWS NOW OFFERING DISCOUNTS CALL OUR CLINIC FOR MORE INFORMATION
COUPON CORNER! FREE 15-MINUTE IN-CLINIC OR TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT! VISIT OUR WEBSITE!
CALL TODAY!Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog