FUN FACTS ABOUT FAMOUS ARTISTS
• Claude Monet’s father wanted him to be a grocer instead of a painter.
• Art used to be an Olympic event.
• The Mona Lisa has her own mailbox in the Louvre because of all the love letters she receives.
• Do you know who invented the color wheel, and when? Sir Isaac Newton, in 1706.
• Did you know that artist Willard Wigan has to slow his heartbeat and work between breaths? Why? Because his work is microscopic in size.
• In 2003 street artist Banksy stuck his own work to the wall in the Tate Modern Museum.
• Leonardo da Vinci was a procrastinator. (Tell your parents)
• Salvador Dali thought he was his dead brother. (Do you know why?)
• Francisco Goya was rejected, not once, but twice to enroll at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando in Madrid.
• Vincent van Gogh only sold one painting in his lifetime. Can you guess which one?
Image by ID【ins-ID】cdd20 from Pixabay
Arts & Humanities
Don’t Leave College Without Them
Made with FlippingBook - Online magazine maker