SPORT AND EXERCISE SCIENCE BAY CAMPUS
IN THE WORLD 100
SPORT AND EXERCISE SCIENCE
• Sports Science MSc by Research/PhD/MPhil FT PT
(QS World Rankings 2022)
WHY SWANSEA? • We are a UK Top 20 and World Top ranked 51-100 Sport and Exercise Science Department (Times Good University Guide 2022, QS World Rankings 2022). • We are Top 20 in the UK for Research (Times Higher Education
• Advanced Sport Performance Science MSc FT
Erasmus Mundus Sports Ethics and Integrity MA FT
Sport and Exercise Science explores how the human body performs under different levels of pressure, and the broader issues at play from wider participation in sports, to ethics, social policy, sports psychology, and nutrition. We prepare graduates for a fulfilling career in fitness and leisure industries, elite sport performance, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, research and more. Our research spans the areas of science, technology, health and medicine applied to sport, exercise and health settings with children, older people, clinical groups and elite international sports people. WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
2022) and our Research was rated 100% ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ (REF 2021).
• Our department has strong links with organisations and commercial partners such as Diabetes UK, the Sugar Bureau, Haemair, Haemaflow Ltd, Play Wales, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg and Hywel Dda NHS Trusts, the Welsh Rugby Union, the Premier League, and Active Swansea. • We also work with elite sports teams including UK Sport, Swansea City AFC, Scarlets Rugby, Biarritz Rugby, Ospreys Rugby, WRU 7s, GB Swimming, and GB Bobsleigh. • Graduates are set for a range of exciting career opportunities, as evidenced by our impressive employability stats with 100% of graduates in employment or further education within 6 months (DLHE). FUNDING There are a range of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries available: s wansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/ scholarships
• Our programmes are built on staff expertise and partnerships to ensure students are equipped with key theoretical and practical skills required to work in industry or research. • You will be taught by experts and world-leading researchers, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with industry leaders and practitioners.
• Our staff have a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience as they regularly consult in exercise settings with populations with chronic disease,
including: diabetes, cardiac rehabilitation, and renal care.
• You will make extensive use of our state-of-the-art facilities, including the Biomechanics Lab, Exercise Physiology Lab, and A-STEM Research Laboratory.
Great Minds see next page
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter maker