ENGINEERING – TAUGHT PROGRAMMES BAY CAMPUS
IN THE WORLD (QS World Rankings 2022) 240 ENGINEERING
RESEARCH PROGRAMMES TAUGHT PROGRAMMES
Our aim is to help students to become champions of industry, or to be equipped for a career in research. With world-class research centres and a sustained investment programme, Engineering provides a superb environment for you to study or conduct research. Engineers at Swansea pioneered the development of numerical techniques such as the revolutionary finite element method, recognised as one of the top 100 discoveries and developments in UK universities to have changed the world. • Aerospace Engineering MSc FT PT • Chemical Engineering MSc FT • Civil Engineering MSc FT • Communications Engineeing MSc FT PT • Computational Engineering MSc FT PT • Engineering Leadership and Management MSc FT
• Materials Engineering MSc FT PT • Mechanical Engineering MSc FT PT • Nanoscience to Nanotechnology MSc FT PT • Power Engineering and Sustainable Energy MSc FT PT • Structural Engineering MSc FT • Sustainable Engineering Management for International Development MSc FT • Virtual Reality MSc FT PT
WHY SWANSEA? • All of our Engineering courses are ranked Top 20 in the UK by The Times Good University Guide 2022. • Engineering at Swansea achieved a 100% ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ rating for Research Environment (REF 2021). • We are situated on the £450 million Bay Campus, an enviable seafront location next to the breath-taking Swansea Bay, consisting of seven purpose-built buildings, holding over 30,000m 2 of laboratory and office space, and over £10 million of new research and teaching equipment. • We have state-of-the-art facilities including a Flight Simulator Lab and Wind Tunnel, Heavy Structures/ Concrete Lab, Metallurgy Lab, Mechanical Workshop, and Pilot Plant Lab where an episode of Dr. Who was filmed. • Our Departments have maintained some of the university’s strongest industry connections, so students can benefit from close working relationships with experts such as Rolls-Royce, Babcock, Airbus, BAE Systems, HP, Tata Steel and more. FUNDING There are a range of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries available: s wansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/ scholarships
• Computational Mechanics MSc FT • Electronic and Electrical Engineering MSc FT PT
TAUGHT PROGRAMMES – INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ENTRY
• Materials Engineering with Industry MSc FT • Mechanical Engineering with Industry MSc FT • Structural Engineering with Industry MSc FT
• C ivil Engineering with Industry MSc FT • Computational Engineering with Industry MSc FT • Electronic and Electrical Engineering with Industry MSc FT
Engineers at Swansea pioneered the development of numerical techniques such as the revolutionary finite element method, recognised as one of the top 100 discoveries and developments in UK universities to have changed the world.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT • Our range of accredited courses
• C urrently, our research in Engineering can be divided into four themes: Digital and Computational; Materials and Manufacturing; Water and Energy; and Health, Wellbeing and Sport. • Research projects give students an opportunity to collaborate with expert academic staff specialised in a certain research areas, and may also involve collaboration with industry which can increase your employability.
provide students with the knowledge and skills to apply within a broad range of sectors, including aeronautics, clean energy, semiconductors, robotics,
telecommunications, advanced manufacturing, construction,
automotive, food and drink, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and much more. • Our cross-cutting research themes bring together multidisciplinary teams, integrating a wide spectrum of engineering disciplines which help us to address global challenges and make a real impact.
International Students Pathway programme available see page 58 This programme also has a January start date available see page 60
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter maker