Nebraska Orthopaedic Newsletter
ADULTS OVER THE AGE OF 31: 4 EASY STRETCHES THAT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU MOVE!
How to Improve Your Health With 4 Easy Stretches FREE Back Pain Consultation Staying Motivated To Eat Healthy
Nebraska Orthopaedic Newsletter
EASY STRETCHES How to Improve Your Health With
Many common aches and pains stem from tight muscles and poor movement. We were made to move and today’s lifestyle of sitting in the car, at work and at home means tighter muscles. In addition, as we age our connective and muscle tissues naturally become stiffer. Therefore, the older you get, the more important a daily stretching routine becomes.
The key to good health is to keep your body flexible. This helps your circulatory, respiratory, lymphatic, and musculoskeletal systems. When your tissues are flexible, normal blood and lymphatic fluids circulate the body easier, oxygenating your tissues properly. This helps you feel energized, relieves pain, and allows you to perform daily tasks without feeling tired.
402-620-4605 CALL TODAY! www.NEOrthoPT.com “I had a very successful experience at Nebraska Orthopaedic Physical Therapy with Amy! This is my second knee replacement and I had a much better therapy and follow up. Amy was very informative, she explained everything and answered all my questions and concerns. She was a great cheerleader on the days that were hard. I would highly recommend Amy and Nebraska Orthopaedic Physical Therapy to anyone and everyone. They even worked on my first knee that still had issues and that improved as well. I leave being able to walk with confidence, much better at stairs, and ready to move on. Thank you, Amy! If I ever need physical therapy again I want Amy to be my PT!” -Linda Pearson Patient Success Story
CHECK OUT THE 4 EASY STRETCHES INSIDE >>>
“ The key to good health is to keep your body flexible.”
What you can do to relieve pain and feel energized!
1. HAMSTRING STRETCH Stand facing a wall (or a counter) , use it to steady yourself if needed. Take a large step forward with one leg. Straighten the knee of the forward leg, while shifting your body weight onto the bent, back leg. Hands on the forward knee. Hinge forward from the hips, keeping your back straight. Push your hips back until you feel a definite, but not painful, stretch at the back of the forward knee. For a greater stretch put your heel on a step. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat 3 times on both legs.
2. ILIOPSOAS STRETCH
Assume a wide, long lunge position with hands on hips. Tuck the buttocks under while you shift your weight to the forward leg. Keep your good posture. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat 3 times on both legs.
4. PIRIFORMIS STRETCH
3. SHOULDER FLEXION STRETCH
Lie on your back with knees bent, feet flat on floor. Cross one leg overtop. Lock hands around knee. Pull knee to chest. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat 3 times on both legs.
Stand in a corner of the room with one foot in front of the other. Put your hands on the wall. Make sure to keep your back flat! Reach arms up overhead. Move chest towards the wall to feel a stretch in the chest. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat 3 times
Do You Have Difficulty With Back Pain?
• Decrease your pain • Increase your strength • Increase your activity level We can help:
• Increase your flexibility • Improve your health • Get back to living
Mention or Bring in This Coupon Today For a FREE Back Pain Consultation
Call Today: 402-620-4605
Offer valid for the first 25 people to schedule. Expires 1-15-19.
Staying Motivated To EAT HEALTHY
If you, or a loved one, has pain, join us in a complimentary informative workshop on common causes, treatments, and prevention of your pain. LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE How You Can Beat Back Pain With PT Workshop Tuesday, January 15th 1:00 PM
1. Set small, measurable goals that will help you get to your overall large goal. 2. Keep a food and exercise journal. This is extremely helpful to track howmuch you’re eating – sometimes you don’t realize howmanysmallbiteshereandthereaddup.Youcandoahand- written journal or go digital and log your food/fitness from the computer or your smartphone. 3. Crowd processed junk food out of your diet by adding in nutritious whole foods. 4. Skip the pantry and head to the fridge. No one really keeps a lot of processed foods in their fridge because they’re usually self-stable. When looking for an afternoon snack, stick with something from the fridge (non-fat greek yogurt, fruit, veggies with hummus, edamame, etc.) 5.Try new foods. Eatingthesamemealeverynightcangetold. Lookfornewhealthyrecipesonline, incookbooksormagazines so you don’t get bored with eating healthy. 6.Eatsomethingevery2-3hours. Thiskeepsyourmetabolism running and also makes sure you don’t overeat after work. 7.Keepnutritiousfoodsonhandandreadytoeat. Preparation is the key to eating healthy! Having fresh vegetables and fruits, lean protein, healthy fats and smart carbs each week is super helpful for staying on track.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY 402-620-4605
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet. Using 1/2 of the goat cheese, spread small amount into the zucchini and cover with marinara sauce. Drop dots of remaining cheese over the marinara, bake until cheese is soft and marinara is bubbling (about 20 minutes).
• Four medium-sized zucchinis • One 5oz log of goat cheese • 1-2 cups of marinara sauce • Chopped parsley
https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/14-tips-getting-and-staying-motivated-to-eat-healthy/Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog