EQUIFAX FALLOUT STRATEGIES How to Defend Your Information
If you’ve turned on the news recently, you’ve no doubt heard about the massive security breach suffered by credit reporting agency Equifax. Nearly half of
If you opt for this service, you will be provided with an enrollment date. Save the date and sign up at the appropriate time.
• View your credit reports: If you’ve notice suspicious activity on your credit report, you could be a victim of identity theft. Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit reports can be accessed for free via annualcreditreport.com. • Consider a credit freeze: While it won’t stop existing accounts from being compromised, putting a freeze on your credit will make it a lot harder for hackers to open new accounts in your name.
the American population, 143 million people to be precise, had some of their most important personal data compromised in this breach. Hackers were able to access everything from names and birth dates to Social Security numbers and addresses. While government agencies have rightfully focused on negligence on the part of Equifax, regular citizens should be most worried about how to keep their credit information from being used toward nefarious ends.
• File your taxes ASAP: As soon as you have your tax information, file. The sooner you do it, the less time a hacker has to.
Anyone with a credit report is at high risk and should take the following steps to prevent their data from being used by hackers.
• Check if you were exposed: Go to equifaxsecurity2017.com and click on the “Potential Impact” tab. From there, you can input your Social Security number to find out if you’ve been affected. Be sure to do this from a secure connection so you don’t expose yourself to further risk.
• Keep an eye on your bank accounts: If you notice cause for concern, alert your bank immediately.
The Equifax breach is extremely frustrating, but the worst thing you can do is put up your hands in despair. Instead, be alert and take steps to keep your information safe. It will provide you security and peace of mind.
• Sign up for free credit monitoring: Equifax is offering free credit monitoring to all Americans, whether or not they were affected.
NEED NETWORKING OR COMPUTER HELP?
SPOTLIGHT ON JANA FLEWELLEN
Jana Flewellen is the finance manager here at AZCOMP
Call our direct support line: (480) 730-3055 Create a support ticket via email: email@example.com
and has been with the team for 3½ wonderful years. “My favorite part of working here,” Jana says, “is that we have meaningful core values and we live by them. Because we hire according to those values, we have an amazing group of people.”
Learn more about how to get unlimited computer and networking support at azcomp.com/managed-services
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE REPORT “What Every Small-Business Owner Must Know About PROTECTING & PRESERVING Their Company’s Critical Data and Computer Systems” covers the essential information you need to know to keep your network safe. If you aren’t up-to-date on the latest in security, your network will be at risk. This report is available for free at azcomp.com/protectyourdatareport . Download it today to ensure that your computer systems are as secure as possible. With this report, you can count network security knowledge among the things you’re thankful for.
Another thing Jana appreciates is the collaboration on display at the office.
“We’re all in it together,” she notes. “Everyone wants our customers to be successful, and we genuinely care about helping them however we can. We also really enjoy getting to know our customers personally and like to build lasting relationships with them. When she’s not at the office, Jana is busy with her eight children and 10 grandkids. “Everyone participates in a variety of activities,” she tells us, “so there’s never an empty space on the calendar. We love going to the football games on Friday nights and being a part of this great community.”
2 • (855) 556-4677 AZCOMP Technologies, Inc. www.azcomp.com/it-solutions
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs