How Do I Get Started?
There is one fundamental rule of the human body– it was made to move! There are several reasons why people may not want to participate in physical activity. Perhaps your body simply doesn’t move the way it used to, or perhaps painful areas of your body make it difficult to move in the ways you’d like. Whatever the case may be, the truth is that restriction in movement has the potential to lead to harmful health problems. Some easy pain-relief and energy-boosting steps you can take on your own include: 1. Decide to get up and get moving 2. Get up from your chair every 20 minutes and walk around, even if it is just for a few seconds. 3. Walk or exercise at least 30 minutes every day. 4. Drink plenty of water. 5. Stretch your legs, hips, spine, and neck for 10 min every day. 6. Don’t push yourself too far if you feel pain.
7. Make sure you are sitting properly at your desk or computer. 8. Take frequent breaks for breathing exercises. Inhale and exhale deeply. 9. Stretch your arms overhead frequently throughout the day. 10.Do strengthening exercises 2-3 times per week. In order to be healthy, there needs to be a large emphasis on movement. When your body is flexible, strong, well-balanced, and fueled by a nutritious diet, it is able to perform at its optimal levels. At FYZICAL Therapy, we are dedicated to helping you live the best life you can, and our movement experts would be more than happy to help you relieve your pain, re-align your body, and get moving once again. If you are looking for assistance in living a more physically active life, contact us today.
VEGETARIAN RECIPE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & CHICKPEA SOUP
• 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets • 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas • 5 garlic cloves, peeled • 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil • 1 tsp ground cumin • 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp paprika • 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
For Garnish • Reserved roasted cauliflower mix
• Red pepper flakes • Fresh thyme leaves • Heavy cream
• 1/4 tsp black pepper • 4 cups vegetable broth • 1 cup water • 1/2 cup heavy cream
DIRECTIONS Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss cauliflower florets, chickpeas and garlic cloves with 3 tbsp of olive oil and cumin, salt and paprika. Roast in the oven for 30 min, stirring once half way through. Remove from oven and set aside. Reserve about 1/2 cup for the garnish. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add cubed potatoes and black pepper. Cook for 2 min, stirring frequently. Add vegetable broth and water and increase heat to bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to simmer for about 15-20 min until potatoes are very soft. Remove pot from the heat and stir in roasted cauliflower mix. Puree the soup using an immersion blender, food processor, or blender, working in batches if necessary. Return pureed soup to the stovetop and gently re-warm it. Stir in heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with reserved roasted cauliflower mix, red pepper flakes, fresh thyme leaves and drizzle of heavy cream.
Call Today! Bristol 860.585.5800 • Southington 203.272.8490 • Wallingford 203.741.9948
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker