Hare Truck Center - May June 2020

MAY/JUNE 2020

TRUCK Tribune

Making the Most of a Tough Situation

It’s an uncertain time. Like many businesses, the Hare Truck Center —and all Hare dealerships and service centers —have had to change a few things in the way we operate. The good news is that we are considered an essential business. People still need their vehicles serviced, and they need to be able to purchase a new vehicle. What’s changed?Well, we’re no longer shaking hands! Traditional greetings are out the window. Of course, you can still expect the same friendly service you’re used to, just a little different. We’re also doing a lot more when it comes to picking up and dropping off vehicles. We now use plastic seat covers and steering wheel covers on all guest vehicles. When we return the vehicle to you, we take everything off with a clean pair of gloves. Cleanliness is a top priority. And speaking of cleanliness, while we’ve always kept our dealership and service center very clean, we’ve taken our cleanliness to the next level, cleaning and sanitizing more often. We’re disinfecting every surface anyone might come in contact with, from the desks and countertops to the computers and chairs. Everything is clean. And that includes loaner vehicles and any vehicle that changes hands (and the keys, too!). We’re also doing things differently with our paperwork. We’re temporarily overnighting paperwork to our customers in the event we need a signature. Then all they have to do is sign and send it back. It keeps things clean, and no one has to worry about extra travel. Everyone’s health and welfare are of utmost importance.

vehicle—we are available for these services. Many Hare employees are working from home, including myself, but our phone lines are open and we can get you scheduled for whatever you need— just give us a call and we’ll get you taken care of. And speaking of myself, I’ve certainly had an interesting experience in all this. In March, I went on a cruise. I know—what timing! I was on the cruise just before things really started to take off. As we docked in Miami, the ship’s captain announced that the cruise lines were shutting down for the foreseeable future. It was a bit of shock, but we were able to disembark and return home. Once I returned home, I self-quarantined for 14 days. Thankfully, I can do about 85% of my job from home, and I’ve been relying on my coworkers who are still at the Truck Center for the other 15%. They’ve been an incredible help! I can also confirm that I’ve remained healthy since returning from that cruise. My kids have also been at home since schools are closed. With the three of us at home, we’ve set a schedule we all follow. At 9 a.m., we have breakfast. Then we work until noon. I work on my stuff and the kids do their homework. Then we have lunch and take a walk to get some air. Then it’s back to work (and homework). Toward the end of the day, the kids get a social hour, and then it’s dinner. Maintaining a set schedule and a routine as close as possible to your original one is important — especially if you’re nowworking from home like I am. The weekends are where things get tough.

and the kids aren’t going to baseball or basketball; they don’t have anywhere else to be. And I don’t have anywhere to be. If you knowme, you know I always want to be on the go and be doing something and lately, it’s been a challenge. My wife has had her own set of challenges. She works a different schedule than me and the boys. She works at a hospital, which means she’s going to work every day. It also means we have to be extra careful to avoid contamination. Let’s just say we’ve upped our disinfection game, and we’re maintaining social distancing for the time being. It’s times like these that you really take stock of what matters. Our faith and our family mean so much to us, and we haven’t been able to go to church or spend time with our families. We’ve been apart frommany people we care about. I think that time apart works to help bring us closer as we realize just how precious our time together really is. But as long as everyone keeps the faith and recognizes we’re all in this together, I know we’ll be alright. We’ll get through it, and our community will be stronger for it. Stay safe out there, and we’ll see you soon. -Todd Thurston

But you can rest assured that if you need anything —vehicle maintenance or repair, or you need a new

I found it’s a lot harder to maintain a routine because I’m not working on Saturday and Sunday,

www.haretruckcenter.com | page 1

Published by The Newsletter Pro • www.NewsletterPro.com

www.haretruckcenter.com

Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker