GETTING TO KNOW THE DYNAMIC PT STAFF Johanna Strehle, PT
Johanna Strehle decided to follow her heart and opened Dynamic Physical Therapy in April 2015. Johanna has been a physical therapist since graduating from Eastern Washington University in 2003. She received her undergrad degree from Eastern Washington University in 2000 with a BS in Physical Education with emphasis in Sports Medicine. She grew up around Chewelah, WA, but since living in the valley the last 7 years, Lewiston has become home. Johanna got married in 2009 and has made a wonderful life with her husband Scott. He has been instrumental in helping with construction of the business and continually giving encouragement. They have two wonderful little girls, that are there pride and joy, Sydney and Kaya. As a family they enjoy the outdoors that the Lewiston area has to offer, hiking, camping, and playing on the river. Dynamic Physical therapy is family oriented, every patient that comes in the door will be treated like family with open arms and will be treated with the utmost respect. We understand that the most important part of physical therapy is listening to our patient’s story—to understand where they come from, where they would like to get to, and the goals they want to meet. In today’s healthcare environment, where face time with your practitioner may be hard to come by, we want you to know your questions will always be addressed to your satisfaction.
“Is Back Pain Slowing You Down?” HOW TO OVERCOME BACK PAIN
INSIDE: • How To Take Care Of Your Back • Relieve Back Pain In Minutes • Patient Success Spotlight • Free Mobile Download
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal joint and possibly nerve damage. Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints that people suffer from and more than 80% of the US population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you down right irritable and affect others around you. Why do I have Back Pain? Back pain occurs for a number of reasons, but has a few simple root causes: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk • Poor posture and strain on the spine with slouched sitting • Repetitive injury to muscles and tissues around the spine with poor lifting • Limited flexibility of the spine, hips and muscles of the thighs • Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles
Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continue to suffer with a nagging ache or pain in their back. They may even feel symptoms travel to the buttocks and legs. Many people feel that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. However, medication mostly masks the pain and does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Solutions to Back Pain Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated to get you out of pain quickly and back to the activities you love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our spine specialists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
Do You Know The 5 Tips To Back Pain Relief? HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK
1. Keep a Good Posture When you are standing, imagine a string through the top of your head lifting you straight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine and hips in natural alignment. With sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shoulders should not slouch when sitting. Avoid soft couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up something light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure you always face what you need to pick up, squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles.This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine. 3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. By keeping your body flexible, the normal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused onto a few segments, which can then fail. An easy stretching routine everyday can keep you feeling great and put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong You have hundreds of muscles, which control the movement of your spine. Major muscles that support the spine are called your core and include your abdominal, pelvis, spinal and hip muscles. By keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more.
5. Physical Therapy Our physical therapists are medical experts in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyze your problem and construct a treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. Call Today!
SERVICES • Pre & post surgical rehab • General orthopedics • Sprains & strain overuse • Work related injuries • Vestibular rehabilitation • Back & neck pain SPECIALTIES
• Neurological disorders • Balance training • Post MVA • Hand therapy • Work conditioning •Posturalcorrection (ergonomics)
INSURANCE Star t Feeling Better Today! We accept and bill most insurances, but not limited to: • Regence • Blue Cross • Medicare • Medicaid of WA and ID • TriCare • VA/Champus • Auto injury • Workman’s Compensation
• Manual Therapy • Kinesio Taping
• Myofascial Release • Trigger Point Therapy •Pre-natal&Perinatal (Women’sHealth)
Call Today! (208) 743-1795
Free Mobile Download Get Easy Relief For Your Pain With A Simple Click...
Patient Success Spotlight
“Thank you Jo and staff for your caring and kindness. I had chronic pain in and around my tailbone and hip. Johanna noticed that my tailbone was tilted. My pain prevented me from doing the things I enjoyed. I couldn’t sleep or get comfortable in any position. I was walking stooped over and felt like I was going to fall all the time. After my very first treatment, I felt I was cured of the throbbing pain. She continues to work on muscles that have been tight for quite awhile. Thank you for giving me back my life.” - Linda C. “Thank you for giving back my life!”
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
www.simpleset.net ABDOMINAL BRACING Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on floor. Place your hands on the front of your pelvis and contract your deep core. Straighten one knee. Return foot to the starting position. Alternate legs one at a time. Repeat 10 times on both sides. Strengthens Core
Do you or someone you know suffer from back or neck pain? As a current or past patient you have access to this valuable information, at your fingertips. Start feeling better today in the privacy of your home. Go to www.spinebook.net/dynamicpt for your free download. This is the easiest way to get this information to our patients. Download and share with friends and family today!
Download at: www.spinebook.net/dynamicpt
www.dynamic-physical-therapy.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Annual report