Move up to a contemporary home at Ascent, a new development in one of Scotland’s most desirable postcodes
Contemporary style in Glasgow’s Southside
Ascent is a new development of 55 stylish one and two-bedroom apartments, across three striking, contemporary four and five-storey blocks. The development will boast extensive communal landscaped areas, excellent specification, allocated parking to all two-bedroom apartments and lifts to all floors. Rated one of the most attractive postcode areas to live in Scotland, Cathcart is well served by public transport and only twenty minutes from Glasgow city centre.
Below left: Linn Park Waterfall Right: Holmwood House Below Right: Snuff Mill Bridge
Originally part of the ancient borough of Govan, Cathcart grew around the banks of the White Cart Water, a gentle tributary of the Clyde mentioned in Robert Burns’ poem, The Gallant Weaver. Today the river is stil l home to hidden gems, like the nearby Snuff Mill Bridge. Close by are two National Trust for Scotland properties – Greenbank Garden, and Holmwood House, one of the most important buildings by Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson.
Location Ascent is on Greenholme Street, a quiet cul-de-sac close to Holmlea Park and Cathcart railway station. The much larger Linn Park is just a few minutes to the south, and Queens Park Recreation Centre – with facilities for tennis, football and bowls – is around a mile away. There are three popular golf courses within a three-mile radius.
Cathcart has a number of welcoming restaurants and cafés, while neighbouring Battlefield and Shawlands are packed with lively bars and restaurants, and quirky independent shops. Silverburn shopping centre is a short drive away. The area is well served by nurseries, primary and secondary schools, and Clyde College’s Langside campus is just a mile away. The train from Cathcart to Glasgow Central takes as little as 16 minutes, and access to the M74, M77 and M8 is quick and easy.
Site plan The stylish 55 new apartments at Ascent are built over three contemporary four and five-storey blocks within a pleasant, carefully landscaped open space – a focus for relaxed community life – Ascent combines bold contemporary design with a secluded and exclusive atmosphere. Each apartment boasts an excel lent specification and lift access. The two-bedroom apartments also include an al located parking space.
Ascent at a glance
Block A • A four-storey block consisting of 15 no. two bedroom apartments • All apartments have an open plan living space • The Principal Bedroom of the two bedroom apartment boasts an en-suite and fitted wardrobes Block B • A five-storey block and offers 19 no. two bedroom apartments and 1 no. one bedroom apartment • All apartments have an open plan living space • The Principal Bedroom of the two bedroom apartment boasts an en-suite and a fitted wardrobe. The one bedroom apartment has fitted wardrobes with the shower room located just across the hall Block C • A five-storey block and offers 19 no. two bedroom apartments and 1 no. one bedroom apartment • All apartments have an open plan living space • The Principal Bedroom of the two bedroom apartment boasts an en-suite and fitted wardrobes. The one bedroom apartment has fitted wardrobes with the shower room located just across the hall
Plot 36 *
Ground * Plot 19 – One bedroom apartment
Ground * Plot 36 – One bedroom apartment
Plot 19 *
One-bedroom Plots 19 and 36 *
Just two one-bedroom apartments are available at Ascent, each following the same floor plan. Each has generously proportioned open-plan living space. The double bedroom has fitted wardrobes, and a stylish shower room just across the hall. Lift access is available to all upper floors.
Lounge / Dining / Kitchen
4.04m x 6.63m | 13’3” x 21’9”
3.59m x 3.12m | 11’9” x 10’3”
2.28m x 2.18m | 7’5” x 7’2”
0.67m x 2.17m | 2’2” x 7’2”
568 sq. ft
Ascent’s 53 two-bedroom apartments are all designed to the same floor plan, across each of the development’s three blocks. Apartments on upper floors all feature Juliette balconies. The layout features generous open-plan living space, with two double bedrooms. The Principal Bedroom has an en-suite shower room and fitted wardrobes. A bathroom is situated off the hallway. All two bedroom apartments have an allocated parking space and lift access to upper floors.
Lounge / Dining / Kitchen
6.61m x 4.02m | 21’9” x 13’3”
3.12m x 2.95m | 10’3” x 9’8”
2.45m x 1.52m | 8’0” x 5’0”
3.11m x 3.59m | 10’3” x 11’9”
1.93m x 2.25m | 6’4” x 7’5”
0.94m x 1.52m | 3’1” x 5’0”
737 sq. ft
* Block A and C Handed.
At Westpoint each of our developments are bespoke and therefore each specification is unique. As a team we spend time considering the design, aesthetic and function of our spaces and identifying suitable products to ensure that the final specification meets our exacting standards and provides you with a home to be proud of. It is this approach and attention to detail that we believe truly sets Westpoint apart in delivering something special and exciting to the marketplace. Kitchens • Contemporary Kitchen furniture with your choice of door colour • Laminate work-surface complete with matching up-stand • Glass splash-back behind hob, choice from a range of colours • Stainless steel sink with feature mixer tap
• Baths provided with wall mounted tap incorporating hand shower and white panel
• Upper apartments will be heated using Vokera high performance combination boilers with integrated Flue Gas Heat Recovery units • Solar Photovoltaic panels will be installed on the roof to help reduce the electrical running cost of communal elements • All lighting fitted will be low energy as standard • Smart meters fitted as standard for both gas and electricity • All wash hand basin taps and showers will be fitted with flow limiters to reduce water consumption • Improvement to building fabric, high performance windows, increased insulation to walls and floors providing an improvement both to thermal and acoustic performance • Capacity within the electrical supply for future connection of a number of vehicle charging points • Enhanced window sizes to provide greater natural daylight • Dedicated home office location with additional electrical points for future flexibility
• LED lighting below wall units • Chrome switchgear to Kitchen at high level • Integrated recycling bins • Integrated Appliances: – Single multi-function oven – 4 Burner gas hob – Canopy cooker hood – Fridge freezer
• Audio door entry system with handset in Hallway • Galvanized metal balustrade to all upper apartments Communal areas • Elevator access to al l apartments • Quality oak veneered doors to common lobbies • High quality finishes to the Entrance Lobby including floor tiles, carpets to the stairs and landings • Hard and soft landscaping designed by Landscape Architect with high quality finishes & planting designed to complement the buildings architecture • Allocated parking to Two Bedroom Apartments (See sales consultant for plot specific locations) Energy efficiency • The development will comply with the exacting Silver Active building regulations and Gold for Carbon emissions which goes beyond the standard benchmark requirements • Ground floor will feature Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery systems
• Stone resin shower tray and chrome / glass enclosure, electric 9.5kw shower to Principal En-suite, Hansgrohe thermostatic shower to One Bedroom Apartments Modern essentials • Oak veneered flat entrance door manufactured to ‘’Secure by Design’’ criteria, with chrome ironmongery • Contemporary white painted internal doors throughout with chrome ironmongery • Choice of wardrobe door colours from selected ranges, with complementing shelves and
Utility store • White laminate worktop with space appliance and prepared plumbing and electrics for washer dryer
Bathroom, Shower Room and Principal En-suites
hanging rails to Principal Bedrooms • Gloss paint finish to all woodwork
• Contemporary white porcelain sanitary- ware with Hansgrohe chrome brassware • Choice of under-mount vanity unit colour to Principal En-suite or Bathroom in One Bed Apartments • Wide range of wall tiling to choose from to selected areas • Large fitted mirrors will be installed above wash hand basin in Principal En-suite or Bathroom in One Bed Apartments • Chrome shaver point to Principal En-suite or Bathroom in One Bed Apartments
• Choice of emulsion paint finish to walls in Lounge, Hallway and Bedrooms from Dulux, with Bathroom/En-suite finished in white • High performance uPVC windows and doors • BT Point to Lounge (with master point in meter cupboard) • SKY Q & Digital TV points to Lounge • High efficiency Vokera combination boilers to all apartments, with Myson compact white radiators to all locations • Smoke and CO2 detectors and monitors as required
10 great reasons
Distinctly different Every Westpoint development is designed in sympathy with the architectural character and style of its surroundings – so your new home adds to the richness of the community.
You can expect many great things from our new-build homes. Here are just 10 of them. 1. Modern building standards We invest time and resources to take your home beyond the industry standards of construction, design and energy efficiency. * 2. Fixed price The price you see is the price you pay. Al l without the added stress of a closing date, which is often part of the second-hand property buying process. 3. Brand new homes Move in and enjoy, without months of DIY. And if you purchase early in the build stage, you can select your own kitchen, bathroom tiles and paint colours. 4. Designed to suit your lifestyle On average, 17% of the space in older properties lies unused. In a typical £200,000 house, as much as £34,000 could be going to waste.
8. Your guarantees Your Westpoint home comes with the reassurance of the National House Builders’ Council (NHBC) 10 year guarantee. The standards are exacting, and detailed NHBC inspections take place as your new home is being built. Second-hand homes put the burden of repairs on you – the buyer. 9. Building new communities Our locations and designs make the most of streetscapes and landscape areas, lending instant kerb appeal and sense of place. The result is a neighbourhood where you will instantly feel welcome, and that will be equally appealing to buyers, should you ever wish to sell. 10. The personal touch We keep in touch with you at every stage of your build, so you’ll always know the progress of your new home. Our site manager will personally make sure all aspects of your new home are built to our high standards, and that it’s examined at the key stages by an NHBC inspector.
We understand that every home should be unique to its owner. That’s why we offer a dedicated service with our new- homes coordinator assisting you in choosing al l of your finishes throughout which emphatical ly says it’s yours – distinctly yours.
We design your new-build home to provide flexible, usable space – to fit the way you live your life. 5. Safe and secure Your new home’s structure, ventilation, sound insulation, electrical system, gas supply and fire safety are all designed to meet today’s strict building standards. So be assured you and your loved ones are safe and secure. 6. High specification We include many features in the price, such as a high-quality fitted kitchen, appliances from leading manufacturers, cloakrooms, and en-suites to Principal Bedrooms. 7. Energy efficient homes Significant financial savings every year – that is the benefit you can expect from the reduced energy bills in your new home. In fact, new homes are typically six times more energy efficient than older properties, and generate less than 60% of the CO2 – so you are helping to preserve the environment.
* In line with energy efficiency recommendations at the time of build.
Ho lml ea Pa r k
H I LLPARK
MU I REND
For sales information on Ascent, please telephone 0800 5870016 For up-dates on Ascent and other Westpoint Homes developments, please follow us on Facebook.
Directions to development SAT NAV G44 4DU
The particulars herein have been prepared for the benefit of intending purchasers. However, the information contained is intended as a preliminary guide only. Westpoint Homes reserves the right to amend or vary specifications. Dimensions of rooms are measured where arrows indicate. All sizes are indicative and subject to change during construction. Nothing in this brochure shall constitute or form part of any contract. The computer generated images used in this brochure are indicative only. All measurements and distances are approximate and for guidance only. Floor plans and images are for illustration purposes and may not be to scale.
westpointhomes .netPage 1 Page 2-3 Page 4-5 Page 6-7 Page 8-9 Page 10-11 Page 12-13 Page 14-15 Page 16-17 Page 18-19 Page 20-21 Page 22-23 Page 24
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs