Senior Property Manager Candidate Information Pack
3. Commercial Portfolio
4. Job Description
5. Application Process and Timescales
Dear applicant -
Thank you for taking the opportunity to consider applying for the role of Senior Property Manager (UK) Limited (REM).
REM provide asset management and development services across some of London’s finest real estate.
Currently REM manages a £3.2bn investment portfolio comprising of 2 million sq ft of space in some of London’s most high-profile buildings, in addition to a number of developments with a projected end value of £400m. Specialising in premium commercial, residential, retail and leisure property in some of London’s most desirable locations, REM provides services across the full life-cycle of real estate investments, from acquisition, development and construction to leasing, marketing, and asset and property management. This integrated approach enables REM to provide a seamless service that ensures maximum overall return. REM require an Senior Surveyor to join the team to ensure that the portfolio operates at its very best, offering a service to customers that far exceeds industry expectations.
REM’s assets under management include Western Europe’s tallest building - The Shard, The News Building and residential development project Shard Place, which is due to complete in 2019. REM also project manager Park House in North Mayfair and 48 Pall Mall in St James’s.
Shard Place is the third phase in the development of Shard Quarter. It comprises retail at the lower level and approximately 165,000 sq ft of residential space over 26 storeys. Shard Place will provide 148 high-quality apartments to address both the business and growing tourism markets. The project occupies two existing sites: the old Fielden House at 28 London Bridge Street and 21-27 St Thomas Street. Designed by the Shard and the News Building’s architect Renzo Piano, the project will complete the transformation of Shard Quarter.
165,000 sq ft 148 apartments Designed by Renzo Piano Residential and retail Estimated Completion: 2019
THE COMMERCIAL PORTFOLIO
The commercial portfolio comprises of four main assets in The Shard, Park House on Oxford Street, 48 Pall Mall and The News Building.
The prime Central London portfolio including high end retail, residential, leisure and office space. The target market for the portfolio is towards the top end of the market, offering a service to customers to match.
REM aims to offer standards of the highest level, including a range of services beyond those available in other premium developments.
The appointed Senior Surveyor will be responsible wholly for Park House and 48 Pall Mall. The appointed will work with the Head of Property Management across the portfolio and deputise in their absence.
Job Title: Senior Property Manager Reporting to: Head of Property Management, REM Location: the Shard, London Department: Property Management
1. Role Purpose:
To manage Pall Mall and Park House as part of REM’s commercial portfolio – ensuring effective running of the assets and providing the very highest levels of customer satisfaction. Develop and maintain excellent occupier relationship management, particularly in relation to service charge and lease enforcement in order to minimising disputes and ensuring timely payments.
2. Key responsibilities - Park House and Pall Mall:
• Oversee preparation of utility charges ensuring meter readings are provided in a timely manner to Property Management Accounts. • Liaise with Head Office functions including (but not limited to): Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Security, Accounts, Asset Management and HR as required to support delivery of property management objectives and accountabilities • Liaise with Health & Safety and Building Management/Property Managers to ensure Statutory Compliance. • Ensure all required property management reporting is delivered accurately and on-time, utilising specialist input as required. • Ensure, in collaboration with the Property Accounting and Property Management teams, accurate and up to date tenancy records are maintained on Blue Box and Cabinet. • Ensure, in collaboration with the Property Accounting and Property Management teams, accurate billing and timely collection of rent, service charge and all ad hoc charges including utilities. • Ensure, in collaboration with Property Accounting and Property Management teams, timely preparation of purchase orders using the Purchase Order Management System (POM). • Ensure all completed documentation is correctly uploaded onto Cabinet. • Assist, in conjunction with the Head of Property Management, with timely preparation of service charge budgets. • Work with Building Management and Property Accounts teams to monitor and report spend against budget, flagging any material issues in a timely manner. • Contribute towards the formulation and preparation of the annual Asset Business Plans and Quarterly Asset Management Plans. • Assist with the smooth transition of new properties into management if required. • Participate in an “On-call Rota” if required. • Deputise for the Head of Property Management as and when required.
3. Additional responsibilities, Park House only:
• Be based 1-2 days per week at Park House/Pall Mall on an on-going basis. • Administer leases for the 39 residential apartments, including liaison with the residential letting agents in order to present offers for Landlord consideration. • Assist with the preparation of Residential Operating Budget in conjunction with the Head of Property
Management, Property Accounting and Building Management teams. • Participate in the Residential Management Committee if required.
• Practical knowledge of RICS Service Charges in Commercial Property • Experience of managing high end multi let offices and residential properties with a diverse mix of discerning occupiers with very high service expectations.
• Practical understanding of the commercial property management. • Ideally experience dealing with high net worth individuals. • Experience of managing multiple associated parties i.e. clients, tenants, agents etc.
• Strong verbal, report writing and numerical skills • Customer-service driven, with excellent communication skills
• A team player with leadership potential. • Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills • Ability to work independently • Ability to work under pressure, manage time and assist the team in meeting deadlines 7. Key Relationships/Stakeholders: • Occupiers • Other Central REM functions including: Property Accounting, Health & Safety, Security & Leasing • On Site building management teams
• MRICS Qualification
1st stage interviews will take place during the week commencing 30th April 2018. 2nd stage interviews will take place during the week commencing 7th May 2018.
The Management Recruitment Group is managing this search in partnership with Real Estate Management (UK) Limited.
To apply or for any further information please contact Stephanie Howe at The Management Recruitment Group. email@example.com | 07932 717 431
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th April 2018.
68 King William Street London EC4N 7DZ Tel 020 7959 2368 www.mrgpeople.co.ukPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs