service customers. • Assist the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety in the creation and implementation of Fire Safety Management Plans for new developments, ensuring the cooperation and coordination between stakeholders is effective to deliver a robust fire safety procedure. • Collate and manage relevant information to Assist the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety in review, support and advice to the Directorate on local arrangements, fire alarm activation investigations and the provisions for assisted evacuation. • Be empowered under delegated authority to act to immediately suspend activities that may or has the potential to have a negative impact on safety. • Record information and provide support to the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety for all investigations as a result of a fire and or incident which has the potential to cause a fire. • Assist with the undertaking of an annual audit on the fire management system, to include local arrangements, training, building fire safety management plans with recommendations and action plans where required. • Providing Assurance Manager – Fire Safety regular reports on fire safety performance and undertaking assurance activities across the estate to assess compliance. • Assist the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety in day to day tasks and activities.
• To be Knowledgeable • To be Inclusive • To be Naturally friendly
• To continuously Grow our service delivery • To deliver consistent Service standards
Decision making, planning & problem solving
• Assist Assurance Manager – Fire Safety in the provision of fire safety advice to Project Managers, Members of the Senior Management team and staff. • Support the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety to effectively implement the requirements of Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 across the portfolio. • Support the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety with operational decision making relating to fire safety management, including input and advice on regulations, KCL policies and procedures and its impact on other organisational arrangements.
Management of works
• Attend fire safety related meetings across the Directorate. • Be empowered under delegated authority to act to immediately suspend activities that may or has the potential to have a negative impact on safety. • In the absence of the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety, act as the Directorate of Estates & Facilities principal investigator during operational incidents resulting from a fire or impacting fire safety management across KCL.
• Review regulatory changes and current standards of good practice in collaboration with the Assurance Manager – Fire Safety. • To collaborate and communicate with other members of the Operational Assurance Services and service customers throughout KCL.
Made with FlippingBook Publishing Software