Residences Co-ordinator London
Candidate information pack
We have over 24,000 beds under management across 51 residences in the UK.
Our accommodation is in prime locations across 19 major university towns and cities. In line with trends in student living, the majority of our rooms are en-suite with shared kitchens and social areas. The remainder are non-ensuite rooms. All our rooms are situated in high-quality, modern residences with, on average, 400 or more bedrooms, providing us with the scale we need to manage our assets effectively and efficiently. Our aim is to create the best environment for students to thrive; well-located, well-priced, social and secure accommodation with outstanding facilities. We serve first to final year, domestic and international students and aim to provide extremely high levels of service to both students and our educational institution partners. We are a trusted partner to more than 40 educational institutions who rely on us to provide best-in-class student accommodation and facilities, so they can focus on delivering world-leading education. Our financial strength, operational track record and high quality of service are key differentiators when educational institutions are selecting accommodation partners. We are founding members of the ANUK code, which sets high standards for the management of student accommodation, and are highly-regarded across the industry for our superior service standards.
We’ve thought about everything, from Wi-Fi right through to laundry, we make the process of moving in and living with us as simple as possible for our students. All of our facilities are the best of the best, with all our properties offering: Totally secure living environment, Modern kitchens, Free Wi-Fi, Post services, On-site laundry and Bike storage.
Our values are simple, but they’re present in everything we do. We believe in: • Putting safety first • Passion for service
• Commitment to excellence
• Respect for people
• Fun for all
Alongside these core values, we also provide equal opportunities in lines with employment laws (but also just because it’s the right thing to do!).
This means we don’t discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or on any other basis prohibited by law – because we genuinely think that’s the right approach to take.
Basically, we aim to extend our welcoming approach to our customers, to our staff and any potential staff, too.
Management Team, Security Staff, Students/Parents, Universities/Colleges, Student Experience Reps, Suppliers and contractors, Central Services staff
Residence Co-ordinator - your role
Based at one of our residences, you have responsibility for assisting the Residence Manager and the team in managing the student residence. You will be responsible for ensuring that a high standard of customer service and administrative support is provided to maximise occupancy and income generation for the residence. You will be the first point of contact on the main reception desk, dealing with all front line queries both in face and over the telephone. An ability as a methodical multi-tasker is essential. Critical to the success of this role is a close working relationship with the team. It is essential that you have the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team and can communicate effectively at all levels.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
• Provide general administrative support to the management team including writing letters, raising invoices, filing, photocopying, receiving payment and issuing receipts. • Ensuring all office administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner. • Maintain records of students and occupancy lists. • Check daily night services/senior student log and record and inform management of any incidences. • Carry out any reasonable ad hoc requests by management team.
• Actively support the Management Team in the following areas: − Assisting with business and revenue generating opportunities by working with the Management Team. − Assist in arranging and conducting sales viewings for prospective residents and help manage the student renewal and expansion process.• Co-ordinate pastoral care, mental health and wellbeing support to residents. Directing
• Provide front desk and telephone support; managing and dealing with day to day queries. Ensuring expectations and satisfaction is achieved in line with the National Code of Standards and Liberty Living’s own procedures. • Engaging with residents to help provide a ‘home-from-home’ experience. • Assisting Student Experience events and administration. • Ensure visitors are signed in and out of the site. • Be proactive and inform the management team of any problems and situations arising. Ensuring customer expectations and satisfaction is achieved in line with the National Code of Standards and Liberty Living’s own procedures. • Be fully conversant with the residences’ Mental Health awareness protocols; be able to direct students to specialist resources and be able to deal with emergency situations if they arise. • Ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times.
Financial Management Support
• Assist with debt collection in line with policies and procedures of Liberty Living. • Use of internal finance package, Kinetic Solutions, to input financial information and to extract important financial information. • Ensure billing is completed in line with company procedures as set out by Liberty Living.
Health and Safety
• Follow policies and procedures dictated by current H&S legislation under the guidance of the Liberty Living’s Health & Safety Manager. • To be fully conversant with the company’s fire and emergency procedures.
Facilities Management Support
• Log any maintenance faults reported and liaise with Management team. • Deal with contractors and coordinate and monitor the onsite repairs service.
Site Presentation and Summer Period
• Assisting the team by helping to maintain high levels of site cleanliness and presentation, including internal and external areas of the residence, to the standard required by the company. • Assist with regular room/building maintenance checks to include resident move in/move out process. • Assist during the student/customer move in/move out process and provide a smooth transition for the resident whilst supporting the management team in ensuring all administrative, operational and financial aspects are completed to a high standard. • Be responsible for issuing and retrieving keys and swipe cards to students/customers during the move in/move out process. • Assisting with the preparation of resident accommodation at the end of each tenancy agreement ready of the new arrivals. • During the summer/turn-around period, all staff are required to ‘muck-in’ and help to get the site ready for summer business and/or the new arrivals, this may include physically demanding activities, such as helping to ‘lift and shift’ furniture, domestic equipment and appliances associated with a large accommodation environment.
• Smart appearance in line with the Liberty Living brand dress code. Assigned Liberty Living uniform, where appropriate.
Education and Qualifications
• Minimum: Educated to NVQ level 3 and/or GCSE level A – C standard or equivalent. Ideally with ‘A’ level(s) or equivalent.
• Previous administrative experience in a client facing service industry. • Previous experience of business development/sales and/or facilities and/or prior financial knowledge including credit and cost control would be desirable.
• Proactive and strong ability to problem solve, multi-task, plan and organise. • Excellent communication and customer-facing skills and ability to deal with difficult situations. • A good understanding of business coupled with a professional attitude. • Ability to work without constant supervision. • Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as determined by the needs of the business. • Ability to work evenings and weekends as required during busy periods.
• Self motivated. Professional. Resilient. Adaptable.
• A good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. • A good working knowledge of Kinetics within 6 months of joining the Company. • Acquiring good comprehension and utilisation of other databases/systems (as introduced by the Company from time to time), which are required to improve standards/performance/ services at the residence; within 6 months of introduction. • A working knowledge of Kinetics software would be an advantage.
Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter (no more than one side of A4).
Applications should be sent to Charlotte Turedi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Hayley Mintern (email@example.com).Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14
Made with FlippingBook Annual report